[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the difference between tomato puree and tomato concentrate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: tomato-puree-90360.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tomato-puree-90360.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
what is the difference between tomato puree and tomato concentrate? is there any?

some recipes call for tomato puree but here in croatia there is no any. only thing you can buy in stores in tomato concentrate
>>
I'd like to know too
>>
>>9033591
>>9033702
Puree isn't concentrated, geniuses
>>
Why not buy canned whole tomatoes and puree them yourself?
>>
>>9033775
Did you even read the post. He lives in the balkashits
>>
>>9033775
>not growing and canning his own tomatoes
neck yourself
>>
>>9033847
Not creating your own dirt to grow your own rape 'maters. Not inventing water to feedvthem
>>
>>9033843
Croatia borders on Italy. I'd be very surprised if they can't get canned tomatoes.
>>
Tomato concentrate has a lot of the water removed. In Australia we call it tomato paste, which is very different to just a tin of tomatoes with lots of liquid.
>>
>>9033920
we have canned tomatoes, many varieties of it. we just don't have a thing that is called tomato puree.

since i never even seen tomato puree, i don't have anything to compare it to, but i guess the closest thing we have to it should be a thing called tomato passata. don't know if it is the same thing though.
>>
>>9033591
puree has more water content, tomato paste (or concentrate) is just lacking water, you can reconstitute it in your recipe with water, or broth.

I personally enjoy substituting veal broth for water in meat sauces.
>>
>>9033925
what the fuck has veal broth got to do with tomato puree you dumb cunt?
>>
>>9033924
>we have canned tomatoes, many varieties of it. we just don't have a thing that is called tomato puree.
Which brings me back to my question: Why not just puree them yourself? Buy Mutti Sanz Marzano tomatoes and either put them in a blender or crush them with your hands.
>>
>>9033991
is the tomato concentrate in tubes like toothpaste?
>>
>>9033989
Nigger did you even read my post?

Puree already has the water content, Paste or concentrate does not.

Instead of using water (like puree) you can use a broth, whatever broth you want, or you can also just use water. As I said, I PERSONALLY like to use veal broth in my meat sauces to add depth of flavor.
>>
>>9034084
He doesn't want to know about broth fuckwit. He is asking about tomato puree and tomato concentrate. Learn to fucking read and understand and answer accordingly. Dumbfuck.
>>
>>9034089
Alright, confirmed troll.

Just fucking kill yourself, read the first half and stop reading if my personal preferences on what to use bother you, the FIRST half is STILL the fucking relevant information he's asking about.

I honestly don't give a fuck if he cares or not.
>>
>>9034091
twat
>>
>>9034101
Are you kidding? You're getting butt hurt about a personal suggestion on WHAT liquid to use with tomato paste in a thread ABOUT the differences between tomato paste and puree.

I answered the OPs question, and expanded with relevant information that might be of interest to OP, or anyone potentially lurking.

Seriously, if you can't even interact at a perfunctory level with another person in a normal, non-hostile conversation, just kill yourself now and save society the trouble of cleaning up after your double murder/suicide in a few years.
>>
>>9034106
expanded with relevant information that might be of interest to OP

Did you ask OP if he was a veggie or vegan. No. So not very relevant then, was it?
>>
>>9033591
Isti kurac ticbra
>>
>>9034111
>Did you ask OP if he was a veggie or vegan. No. So not very relevant then, was it?
I couldn't care less if OP is a veggie, he can use a vegetable broth if that's what gets him off, it's irrelevant though.

The information was provided as MY personal preference, I don't care if you use it or not, it's a simple thing.

Puree means water
Paste (or concentrate) means no water.

You can add your own water, OR use a broth. What broth you use depends what you're doing with it.
>>
>>9034127
Puree doesn't mean water, it means it's been pureed. Concentrate doesn't mean no water, it means it's been concentrated, this is done by heating which caramelizes some of it and converts some of the more volatile and nuanced flavors of fresh tomatoes to be cooked out. And yes, concentrating it does necessarily reduce the water content.

Also, I use vodka instead of water in my sauces. With both fresh tomatoes and concentrate.
>>
>>9034127
nobody gives a flying fuck about YOUR preferences.

By the way, I have tomato puree concentrate in my fridge right now, so you are full of shit. In fact it is tomato puree double concentrate.

Puree does not mean water, it is a smooth cream of liquidized or crushed fruit or vegetables.
>>
>>9034143
It's smooth and creamy because it still has water in it you goober, as opposed to concentrate in which most of the water has been removed.
>>
>>9034153
if it didn't have any water in it, it would be a powder.

Google the meaning of puree little boy and learn something. It has nothing to do with water.

Tomato puree and concentrate are basically the same thing with different names.

Now go tell Mom you want a sammich.
>>
>>9034127
>Puree means water
Retard.
>>
>>9034164
I didn't say all of the water was removed, did I?
I implore you to take your own advice instead. You must be a child if you think puree is the same thing as concentrate.
>>
You retards will fight over literally anything
>>
File: [[[puree]]].jpg (61KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
[[[puree]]].jpg
61KB, 960x960px
>>9034171
The tomato puree I buy is double concentrate.
>>
>>9034178
Sorry, but when a tard comes onto a cooking thread and starts spouting bullshit, you have to shout him out.
>>
>>9034202
It's concentrate with water added to make it into a 'puree'. Which is exactly what >>9033925 was suggesting to do in the first place, just with broth instead of water.
You're really not the brightest bulb, are you? You're on a cooking board, arguing that puree is the same thing as concentrate, all because you were too dumb to comprehend what adding broth to concentrate had to do with puree.
>>
>>9034240
water added. So it was a powder? Is that what you are saying? As I said about the broth, he suggested veal broth without asking the OP about being a veggie or vegan.

Google the ingredients for tomato puree and tomato concentrate. They are the same. They are pastes.
>>
>>9034178
No, we won't, fuckwit.
>>
>>9033924
Yes tomato passata is close, just add a small amount of tomato paste to it to thicken it up a bit and you will have what Americans know as tomato purée.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.