[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the "best", canonical, most authentic Thai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: just some normal thais.jpg (71KB, 520x355px) Image search: [Google]
just some normal thais.jpg
71KB, 520x355px
What's the "best", canonical, most authentic Thai cookbook (that is in English)?

I have a Thai wife who I would like to cook some Thai dinners for every once in a while. Going to the local Thai restaurant every week is seriously draining my wallet.
>>
>>9033086
>I have a Thai wife
you don't

and if you did, you would be asking her, not 4chan
>>
>>9033086
you have a husband. stop lying to yourself faggot
>>
>>9033086
Go to one of the many ebook websites and search for Thai cookbooks. I just downloaded five of them in about ten minutes.

Depending on what country you're in, the biggest challenge will be finding the ingredients. Be warned that even if you find something that is "the same", it often won't taste right to her because the soil chemistry, manufacturing processes, or whatever are different from Thailand's.
>>
>>9034358
>soil chemistry, manufacturing processes, or whatever are different from Thailand's

Maybe, but Thai restaurants in the US are in the same boat so it shouldn't taste different from them. His point is he wants to cook it himself instead of paying the markup at restaurants.
>>
>>9034452
True, but OTOH the restaurants presumably are run by Thais who can at least judge whether a particular brand is close or complete garbage.
>>
>>9033086
Does ur wife have any hawt genetically-female friends who were born without a penis and who are very intelligent and want a foreign husband?
>>
>>9033086
those are some cute looking guys
>>
>>9033086
You have a wife and want to cook for her? Is she leaving you?
>>
>>9033086
Is your wife the dude in the middle?
>>
Tom Yum soup is probably the first bona fide Thai recipe that comes to mind. It's really fucking good and incorporates basically all of the traditional ingredients/spices from Thailand, so you can't go wrong using that as a starting point.
>>
>>9033086
Learning from people. I learned pretty much every Thai dish I'd want to cook from my mom. Basically just get some lime, fish sauce, chilis, mushroom powder and go to town. Alternatively use MSG. That will really make em nostalgic.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.