[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone really like hops in their beer? I know pretty much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Does anyone really like hops in their beer?

I know pretty much every single beer ever is made with them, and I enjoy a few beers that have that slight hop taste to them; but there's so many IPA's and whatever that just taste like hops. They all have these weird names and descriptions about how good they are and how they were made and what they were made with, but the only flavor is "lots of hops". It never changes. "Lots of hops" that's the only flavor, with maybe, MAYBE the most slightest undertone of other flavor like citrus or chocolate or something.

Why not just call it "ultra hopped beer" because that's all it ever fucking is? I don't even understand who could like this as a taste/flavor. Beers are good, beers with hops in them can be good if they aren't over used, but all these fucking beers that are just hops need to go away.

Fucking hell, just chew on the fucking hops themselves for christ sake, stop fucking up beer!
>>
No. Everyone's just pretending to enjoy ipas. You're a true patrician and everyone else cowers before you and your superior taste
>>
Yeah, I am getting tired of excessive hops. I'm starting to get into wine
>>
I loooove hops. I love grassy, I love citrus-y, I love bitter. Pretty much all hop flavors are good to me. Mosaic hops taste like passionfruit and it's amazing
>>
>>9032330
Talked to my brother the other day who's really into microbrews and I was asking him about IPA's. He said usually every brewery will have one or two nowadays just for appearances, but it's moved into saissons, sours, kolsch, alts, and belgians as the primary makeup of inventory.

You're way behind times in your criticism little boy. Should have kept up with what's really happening if you want to ridicule it.
>>
>>9032384
The only reason I even made the thread is cause I got a free case of beer, a 12 pack, 4 different types of beers 3 each.

Two of them suck ass because their only flavor is "hops" and nothing else. Haven't had the other ones yet.

I don't know if it's just IPA's that have this horrendous hop flavor or what.
>>
>>9032406
Maybe you should try drinking more beer if you seriously can't tell the difference between hop strains.
>>
>>9032330
I hate beers that taste like carbonated hop extract with fruity names.
>>
>>9032426
I'm not trying to claim I'm some pro beer drinker or some bullshit, but when a beer is "just hops" what's even the point? Might as well drink some fucking natty lights or something.

I've drank plenty of beers of all kinds, from many micros and macros and bars and all kinds of shit. When a beer, IPA or not, has only one flavor (or rather, the most dominate flavor is) of hops, why drink it?
>>
>>9032438
Because different hops have different flavors. Citra, sorachi, centennial, etc.
Id maybe try more pale ales since they are more balanced and you won't get the bitterness to them I assume you don't care for. You just experience the refreshing citrus, pine, juicy, whatever hops followed by a decent malt backbone.
Two hearted is a great entry level ipa that even my German beer loving grandma enjoyed.
>>
>>9032426
Not everyone that drinks beer is intently focused on hops. I taste more for grain and yeast than hops. Hefeweizen is my favorite style. Dunkel, kristall, and normal hefes are god tier. Belgian witbiers can be good, too, so long as the spicing doesn't interfere with grain and yeast taste. Wheat really does my taste buds a favor. I also enjoy malty lagers. The more it tastes like bread, the more likely I am to buy it again.

The market is so saturated with IPAs and hopped to hell beers that I almost always walk past the domestic micro singles, almost all with fluorescent, abstract labels and odd names, and go right for imports or the couple of micros I still like. But that's just me.
>>
>>9032478
That's fine if you don't care for them. I'm simply explaining that they aren't all just generic hop juice.
Also, unless you live in a crappy little town in the middle of no where, there are a ton of different options in styles now. The LOL ANOTHER IPA craze died off quite a bit ago for any state worth a damn beerwise.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.