[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone, just wanted to have a discussion about sous vide.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: souxvidepork.jpg (163KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
souxvidepork.jpg
163KB, 500x380px
Hey everyone, just wanted to have a discussion about sous vide. What is your favorite dish to soux vide? Have you tried soux vide before?

All relevant questions and discussion are welcome here. I have not tried soux vide cooking in the past, but would like to get into it. Also looking for recommendations for the best soux vide machine on a budget.

Pic related, soux vide porkchop, which I really would like to try.
>>
>>9031747
man, you are just years late to the party
>>
>>9031759
they started meming them up on slickdeals and massdrop so all the plebs who never heard of it think it's the "latest fad"

we're basically going through the sous vide version of where the internet was with sriracha in 2003 when the first shipping crate of something that had been around for decades finally crossed the sierra nevada range and entered deepest flyover country
>>
>>9031747
>nobody cooks sous vide vegetables.

Morans.
>>
>>9031747
ny strip steak and root vegetables

I also have done sous vide turkey for the past 2 thanksgivings which comes out much better than the standard oven turkey
>>
>>9031818
how do you finish the turkey and get a crispy skin tho? or do you just carve it and serve before anyone sees the afterbirth when you take it out
>>
>>9031853
most folks will dry and torch their sous vide'd meats
>>
Calamari
Pork belly
Short rib
Lamb neck
>>
>>9031853

Finish it in a hot oven or deep fry

Or you could put them skin side down in a pan lined with parchment paper and put weight on the top of them, that pretty killer
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (57KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
57KB, 600x750px
>>9031747
>What is your favorite dish to sous vide?
A few years ago, when I lived in Alaska, I would spring for a fresh-caught salmon, which I would fillet myself. I'd cook the fillets sous vide with dill and thyme, and then I would top it with capers and serve it with roasted potatoes and various peppers. Oh how tender it was, it was as if the fork would break it before it even touched it.

>Have you ever tried sous vide before?
Come to think of it, I haven't.
>>
>>9031853
I did turkey sous vide last Thanksgiving. I dried it off really well then seared it in a cast iron pan and basted with butter and herbs. The butter helps get the skin brown but it's a delicate balance for sure to make sure the skin gets crispy and the herb a butter don't burn.
>>
>>9031801
except sous vide is a pretty idiot proof to achieve consistent results every time vs a condiment that got popular
>>
>>9032048

It's really not idiot proof you still have to know what you're doing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.