[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how much of /ck/ actually cooks as a profession? How many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: _0.jpg (144KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_0.jpg
144KB, 810x1080px
So how much of /ck/ actually cooks as a profession? How many of you went to school for it? Im starting to think most of you are just weekend warriors to this stuff.
>>
>>9030429
It's not my full-time job, but I do catering gigs on the weekends. Pit BBQ, spit-roasted pig, and crawfish boils. It pays surprisingly well.

Beyond that I cook as a hobby. For me, it's a great way to unwind after a busy or rough day at work.
>>
Don't do it it's hell, you will hate everybody in the kitchen and you well turn to alcohol and drugs to cope with your shitty job
>>
I like cooking as a hobby, not trying to be a poorfag and do it professionally.
>>
>>9030429
>So how much of /ck/ actually cooks as a profession?
No thanks. I like to cook what I like, instead of what is on the fucking menu some dipshit made.
>How many of you went to school for it?
Me.
> Im starting to think most of you are just weekend warriors to this stuff.
That's cool and all. If someone likes to cook - why is it bad?
>>
File: xNjn6336.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
xNjn6336.png
19KB, 300x250px
>>
Cooking isn't a very secure trade, and its stressful and the pay is normally shit. I like cooking, but I'm not doing that shit for a living.
>>
>>9030429
>just weekend warriors to this stuff.

wat

I work in IT, but I live with my GF and we cook all of our food at home and rarely eat out. Make our own butter/cheese/bread too. It's cheaper and more fun.

If cooking is anything like computers, doing it for a job will make you not want to even bother dealing with it at home. Working in IT for 7 years has made me hate computers and end up just running Windows and not giving a shit about it as a hobby at home; I bet long-time chefs eat way more takeout and fast food at home than they did before they were chefs.
>>
>>9030504
Actually professional head chefs make their own menus if the place is anywhere near decent.
>>
File: NiceAndHot.jpg (147KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NiceAndHot.jpg
147KB, 810x1080px
PAN
>>
>>9030593

Yes, but professional head chefs are a minority of the industry. Most of the industry are drones that do what the head chef (or, more commonly, the corporate owners) tell them to, the exact same way every time.
>>
File: PAN.jpg (148KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PAN.jpg
148KB, 810x1080px
>>9030603
NICE AND HOT!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.