[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where's the actual challenge in cooking? How hard is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: photo_2016-03-16_21-56-38aaa.jpg (333KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-16_21-56-38aaa.jpg
333KB, 1024x1024px
So where's the actual challenge in cooking? How hard is it to follow a recipe?
>>
well if you just follow the recipe it's pretty easy what's hard is to make new,without the recipe (sorry for the bad english)
>>
File: 1491944551675.png (370KB, 547x645px) Image search: [Google]
1491944551675.png
370KB, 547x645px
>>9024241
this. following recipes is for women.

I come up with my own non-cookie cutter dishes.
>>
File: H3.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
H3.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>9024166
>How hard is it to follow a recipe?
>follow a recipe

You're doing it wrong already.
>>
Recipes contain terms which you have to learn, ask you to do things which you have to learn how to do, and often have complex steps and timings.

There's no inherent challenge in following a recipe but recipes can be challenging. If you don't agree with this you are stupid and trying too hard.

This is a pro chef who doesn't use recipes 99 times out of 100 speaking btw
>>
>>9024166
timing
technique
[spoiler]talent[/spoiler]
>>
Recipes are just a reference to give you a basic idea on how to execute the bare minimum as a dish
Ideally as you execute that dish, the recipe should change to suit how you feel it should taste and feel in the mouth.
No chef just opens up the betty crocker cookbook and puts that food on a plate for customers. Cooking is an art like music or painting/drawing. You take your inspirations from some place, and you evolve them to suit your own personal tastes and hopefully the tastes of the consumers who are willing to try it out.
>>
>>9024166
The challenge is ego. A lot of people consider themselves to be "naturals" at cooking and often forgo or improvise recipes without knowing what they're doing or learning the basics about cooking or complimentary flavors. Many times people try to adjust or add spices during their first time making a recipe as well, leading to it getting fucked up or having "same taste" syndrome.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>9024166
>It's about not being lazy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.