[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what time before a place closes is it shitty of me to order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1496396650578.jpg (134KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496396650578.jpg
134KB, 1536x2048px
At what time before a place closes is it shitty of me to order delivery? I'm a late eater. 30 minutes before close? An hour before?

Is it different if I'm using an UberEATS or something that isn't their in-store delivery?
>>
Irrelevant, there's at least an hour to two of cleanup after the store closes anyways.
>>
>>9024161
As a former delivery cuck, I try to not order the last 30 minutes usually. Same usually with restaurants unless someone else is paying and they insist.
>>
>>9024161
Within the last 15-30min of close. Most places won't let you place an order during this time anyway.
>>
Kitchen packs their shit up for cleaning half an hour before close, ordering an hour before close is probably as close as you want to ever cut it.
>>
>>9024161
>this is how I know that's a Bong pic
>>
>>9024963
Why not close half an hour earlier then?
Serious question. I understand there has to be a certain point where you just can't accept any more orders, but why would a restaurant stay open if they won't fulfil any more orders (barring bars and such that may still sell drinks with a closed kitchen)? If you're open until 11pm, you should accept orders until 10:59.
>>
>>9025394
Because of liability of customers. They'd have to kick you out on the streets w/o your food if it wasnt finished cooking if the restaurant closed that early because customers aren't supposed to be allowed in businesses after close, even to pee. Everyone already knows the last 30 mins of business hours are soft-close anyways
>>
>>9024161

Why would they not factor this into their closing time? If they don't tell you it's a no-go, then it's their own problem. You can always tip a little more if you want to be nice, but it's honestly not your problem and not your fault if it inconveniences them. Have them take it up with corporate or something.
>>
>>9024161

Who cares? If they don't want to fill your order they can just say "no" to you.

It prolly depends what you are ordering too.
>>
I work at a pizza place and we fucking hate anyone that orders the last half hour. Especially if it's to the edge of our delivery area. The food gets made lazily because we've already broken down the make line. It's a pain for me (the manager) because i can't start doing the end of the day paperwork until the driver comes back and closes the last check of the night.
>>
>>9025406
>They'd have to kick you out on the streets w/o your food if it wasnt finished cooking if the restaurant closed that early because customers aren't supposed to be allowed in businesses after close, even to pee
Or they could give you your food before they kick you out. A restaurant isn't going to kick someone out while they're cooking they're food just because they're closed (assuming the customer placed their order before the restaurant closed).
I don't believe there's anything that says non-employees can't be in a restaurant after close.
>>
>>9025394
>If you're open until 11pm, you should accept orders until 10:59.

And how the hell are they going to cook a 20 minute dish one minute before close?
They're open past 10:30 to give customers time to finish the meals they've already been served.
>>
>>9025480
They cook the 20 minute meal in 20 minutes, give the customer their food, accept payment, and the customer leaves with their food.
Is their a law saying that customers can't stay in a restaurant past close? I'm only going off what my father has told me from working in and managing a pizzeria. If a customer called in at 10:59 (or whenever), they'd get their order.
I'm not saying Restaurants should or have to do this, however. If I call in an order and they tell me the kitchen is closed, it's not like I'm gonna demand they cook my food or anything like that. I could see them putting up a sign saying "Kitchen Closed at 10:30, Dining Room Closed at 11:00" or something, if it's a sit-down restaurant
>>
>>9025582

They don't want customers in the joint past close because they're busy, y'know, fucking closing.
Hard to flip the chairs up onto the table and clean when customers are still sitting in them, and nobody likes eating food while a cleaner is spraying disinfectants and degreasers nearby

It's pretty dang self-centered to expect an entire restaurant and its staff to stick around and wait for you because you're too impatient to find somewhere that's actually supposed to be open late.

A mom'n'pop pizzeria might decide of its own volition to serve a customer past close because there's like two people on shift and one of them's the owner, but that's hardly the norm.
I've only ever seen this happen for late-shift regulars like cab drivers and ambulance crews, who have gotten to know the owner/operator personally.
>>
File: 1310976256791.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1310976256791.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
So the consensus seems to be 30 minutes before close. Thanks /ck/! Today you weren't completely useless. I think that's a first!
>>
>>9025647
No, 30 minutes before close is when the kitchen closes.
Order an hour before close so no one has to stay late you insensitive fuck.
>>
This is all make-believe.

Any kind of "unspoken" rule about when the kitchen closes is just employees doing something they're not supposed to be doing. There will be an actual rule that the employees will tell you about if it's an actual rule. At the very least, they'll tell you fake rules if they're willing to risk a scolding or whatever.

The place I used to work, we'd start breaking the kitchen down 20 minutes before close. This is information we'd share with any customers who tried to order with less than 20 minutes left. If they had a problem with it (rare), we'd explain why to them. If they still had a problem, we'd say "oh well, get out."
>>
>>9025440
Pretty much this. I end up having to stay like a whole hour later than I usually would when people pull this shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.