[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 22

File: Large-Group-People1-620x335.jpg (87KB, 620x335px) Image search: [Google]
Large-Group-People1-620x335.jpg
87KB, 620x335px
>Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right? Perfect, I can still grab something to eat! I hope you don't mind, but I brought my entire AA group with me as well. Theres about 30 of us, so rev up those fryers!
>>
Fuck people who do this
>>
>>9023721
>running a business
>moaning because there's a big order you'll make lots of money from, just means you have to stay 15 minutes late

You faggots know nothing about business and have no work ethic.
>>
>>9024324
>implying the guys running the friers care about the extra 3 dollars they will make for having to stay late, if they get anything extra at all
>implying their workplace allows tipping
>implying the manager hasn't already fucked off
>>
>>9024324
You forget you're speaking with the peasants who work for the owner
>>
>>9024324
The person complaining is the degenerate that peels the onions, not the owner. The owner already knows that this business is literally his life
>>
>>9023721
>be waiter
>have to stay late to serve crowd from AA
>they don't buy drinks and barely tip anyway
fuck my life
>>
>>9023721
>high school theater group frequents my place after their rehearsals or semen milkings or whatever the fuck they gather for on Saturday nights
>always shows up at 11:40 20+ deep on random Saturday nights when we close at midnight with no warning or call ahead
Fuck them so hard, I hope their director rapes them before, after, and during every rehearsal.
>>
>"no, we're closing soon"

wow, that sure was hard.
>>
>>9025628
>"anon, what the fuck? go to the back and sweep up. one more outburst and youre out of here for good"
>>
>>9025628
If I said that to a customer my bosswould hear about it and she would be fucking livid.
>>
>>9025638
>"you can't fire me dad, I know all of your secrets"
>>
>>9025643
>>9025638
>americucks
>>
>>9023721
>We are closing at this time
>Great, I am here before that time
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you wanted to go home at 10:00 then you should close at 9:30. If you want to go home at 9:30 close at 9. Don't be open and then be mad people patronize your fucking business
>>
>>9025628
My managers care too much about their jobs for that. One of them was recently fired for trying to do exactly that to be nice to me and the server that was on at the time.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (31KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
31KB, 267x200px
>>9025793
Yeah, it's a good thing cooks and servers have so much input into the scheduling for the business or that would be a pants-on-head retarded suggestion.
>>
>>9023721
>why don't you go to a bar instead
>>
>>9025805
Maybe you should have tried harder in school then if you didn't want to work in the fucking food service industry
>>
>>9025643
>boss
>she
>>
File: fryover_rand.jpg (38KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
fryover_rand.jpg
38KB, 620x387px
>going to a place where the primary cooking apparatus is a deep fryer
asian here, you ''''''people'''''' disgust me
>>
>>9025616
yeah fuck those people patronizing you
>hey guys, let's go out to eat
>mmmmbbut wait, let's call ahead like literal faggots to make sure the wait staff are cool with it :)

you're living in a fantasy world
>>
>>9025994

>but it's okay when you only use a pint of oil and cook the food in a wok

Seriously though, how did the OP ever imply that the deep fryer was the primary cooking apparatus? You don't need to warm up the stove, and most restaurants don't cook much to order in the oven because it takes to long. Also, big parties coming in late at night are often drunk, and typically want fried garbage that they can share.

>>9025995

It's always surprising how many people posting on /ck/ have no food industry experience (or probably work experience at all), and apparently just come here to troll.
>>
File: fryover_rand2.jpg (53KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
fryover_rand2.jpg
53KB, 1024x512px
>>9026013
>I'm sorry but our deep fryer is already shut down for the night, but most of the rest of our menu is still available
wow, that was hard

you must work at some shitty TGI Fridays kind of place if (a) the menu is heavily driven by deep fried items and (b) you can't stand up for yourselves because you'll lose your franchise license and have to shut down if you deviate from "the rules"

my corner gastropub basically tells people to fuck off if they feel like it, for any reason and no reason, and yet people keep going back and it's packed to the gills because the food is good, the drinks are good, and they usually make a reasonable effort to accommodate even if they're not always willing to cater to autismo-level precision demands to have the sauce dots lined up in a golden spiral according to a hand-written list of made-up allergies and food phobias
>>
>>9026031

The place I work at is pretty much a corner gastropub, with the kitchen open to the dining room. Still doesn't mean there isn't a FoH-BoH divide, and that the servers/floor manager don't always pay attention to what time it is. And then they all put in their orders at the same time at the end of the night and the GM then wonders why the kitchen isn't shut down 15 minutes after closing...
>>
I used to work at a relatively 'fast' food place a few years back in uni and if you did this with more than like 6 or 7 people right before closing, we would simply not serve you. Because it's not just the cashiers and the chefs you are holding back, we close to janitors and maintenance and shipping. 15 minutes isn't before closing, but like if you are right on the minute then we will politely tell you to go elsewhere.

Hell if you come in with an order for a huge party in the middle of the day, we will also tell you that we will be serving other people while making your order over time because we can't just halt the entire line because you didn't give us any time.
>>
>>9025643
>she

lmaoing at your life right now bruh
>>
>>9025644
i'll post all ur dragon dildos i found on facebook
>>
>>9025805
perhaps anticipate what might happen and then plan your night/schedule around those possibilities
>>
>>9025839
apparently bars here take AA coins for a free drink. good suggestion.
>>
>>9023721
It's sad to see how bad of shape Chevy Chase is in now.
>>
>>9026451
nice misogyny you've got going there brah
>>
>>9025994
You're the one who implied that

Did your yellow monkey eyes fail to read the OP ? Maybe you should go back to crying yourself to sleep and jacking off to cartoon children you degenerated piece of shit
>>
>>9023721
I better not put with this shit like this when I get my job. Ech.
>>
Shut the fuck up, peasant. God, I fucking hate wagecucks who think they are worth shit. Can't wait till robots take your monkey "jobs" and you die en masse in the streets
>>
>>9023721
>Sorry, we have a last order policy, all orders must be placed half an hour before closing
>>
>>9025995
20 minutes to close and the staff are probably already getting started cleaning up and shutting down. If the group called ahead, or came on a more regular basis the staff would know to be prepared for them and wouldn't bother.
>>
I never do this. If a place is closing in more time than it'll take me to eat I go somewhere else. It's called common decency.

I also call ahead if I have a large group, but that's more so we don't have to wait an hour or two for a table that can accommodate us.
>>
>>9023721
>Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right?
>We are but last orders was 15 minutes ago, sorry.
It's not a difficult concept, dumb sharts.
>>
File: Tippy_Top_Kek.gif (2MB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
Tippy_Top_Kek.gif
2MB, 300x186px
>>9023721
>AA
>>
>>9026627

That's literally exactly how restaurants work, on every level. Retard.
>>
>>9026979
America is ruled by fear of lawsuits and twitter scandals
>grieving leukemia family forced to starve by heartless entitled waiters
>the restaurant owner's personal information is as follows ______________________
>we do not condone violence, but... ;-)
This is what they're thinking of when they think about saying no to an unreasonable request
>>
>>9023721

If you wanted to stop working 15 minutes early, maybe the posted hours should reflect that. Take it up with corporate. Do your jobs. God knows half your machinery is "broken" at 30-minutes-til-close anyway.

Kind of like those drive-thru places that constantly ask you to pull forward when you only order 3 items. Just open a fucking drive-in restaurant if you don't want to serve food at the window.
>>
>>9025793
>If you wanted to go home at 10:00 then you should close at 9:30. If you want to go home at 9:30 close at 9.

No, it's not even that. It already happened. The owner intended for them to go home at 12:30, so he closes the restaurant at 12:00. Then people a fucking hissy fit when customers show up at 11:50 even though the manager planned all along for the staff to leave at 12:30.

It's the employees that have it wrong. They are just too stupid to realize it and somehow equate the doors locking with the time they're supposed to go home. This is a case of stupid kids that don't know how the world works that think they're "working late" or some shit
>>
>Sure, but you have to leave at (closing time)
Not hard.
>>
>>9028007
>WELP Sorry! it's 11 you can pick up your fries tomorrow, get the FUCK out.
>>
>>9024330
Poor work ethic is all. No need to be upset.
>>
File: 215.jpg (31KB, 505x490px) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
31KB, 505x490px
The bottom line all the autistic kids in this thread don't understand is that its polite not to go to a place thats about to close. Their day is nearly over and they want to go home. Posting here defending autistic behavior just so you can feel better about ruining someones night is as said above, autistic.
>>
The only place this happened to me was at McDonalds, they really don't give a flying fuck about their customers.

I used to work at a restaurant/bar, a lot of customer wait until closing time before ordering because they don't wanna be hungry by midnight.
>>
The restaurant I worked at awhile back just had a sign that said no new orders taken 30m before close.
>>
>>9027962
Many owners dont pay employees after closing hours even if they have to stay late due to new order and late cleaning.
>>
>>9026921
t.becky
>>
File: 1480537168100.jpg (71KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1480537168100.jpg
71KB, 500x441px
>>9028051

oh noes i've been called autistic on 4chan. oh noes. oh noes.
>>
>>9028085
How many food service employees are salary? Really? I'm going with 2%.
>>
>>9023721
>that forced racial diversity
>>
>>9026903
women do not make good leaders most of the time
>>
>>9028174
We know it burns inside because you know it's true
>>
File: IMG_2374.jpg (53KB, 417x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2374.jpg
53KB, 417x363px
Good news guys! Thanks to the 30 customers we had come in last night we've barely made our quota for the month and I don'tt need to pink slip any of you lazy faggots!
>>
>>9028034
Why do you feel entitled to others' time?
>>
>>9027962
My managers rush us to finish by closing time to save dem company dollars. We are staying late if we stay much more than 10 minutes after close.
>>
>>9025941
>heh dumb kids they should have known that it's their fault other people are shitty
Hang yourself
>>
>>9028722
Your manager is an accidental hero.
By being a bean counter, he or she is single handedly insuring the staff is kept happy,
>>
>>9023721
[Frustration intensifies]
>>
>>9028733
There's two sides to it; on nights where no one comes in at the end it's great because it means I actually get out when I'm scheduled to, but on the other hand if I've got everything wrapped, put away in the back, and I'm cleaning the grill it's a whole bunch of shit I have to redo.
>>
>>9026930
It's a lot easier to automated "esteemed" office positions than food service. You'll see banks and pharmacies being taken over by robots before a fancy restaurant does.
>>
>>9027931
I learned a while back that my local Taco Bell forces people to pull up because they just like to drag ass on the easiest orders. I ordered two bean burritos without sauce, and one beef taco. Pulled forward reluctantly, waited 15 fucking minutes for my food, and there was still red sauce all over the fucking burritos.

The next time I visited that store, made the same order, nigress tells me to pull forward, and I refused. She started getting really bitchy toward me and went off to get her manager, and then another employee handed me my bag and I went on my merry fucking way. Food actually wasn't fucked up that time, too.
>>
It's not that big of a deal, it happens every other day to me.
But I make $13 an hour at 21 in Iowa, I just like the extra money.
If you have plans after make your plans out in a way to cater to this possibility, and if you just wanna go home and get trashed suck it up.
>>
>>9023721
>Sir, this is a bakery. What the fuck are you doing?
>>
File: just a tough thursday.jpg (235KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
just a tough thursday.jpg
235KB, 1024x678px
>>9028917
BAKE ME A FUCKING CAKE

I LIKE CHOCOLATE
>>
>>9026903
>>
>>9028181
Even if you're hourly, a lot of places get you to clock out at closing time.

Last place I worked expected the kitchen to be fucking immaculate every night so I was often there two or three hours after close, and nobody got paid for any of that time. I put in like 20 unpaid hours a week.
>>
>>9030014
sounds like you guys need unionization and regulation
>>
>>9030023
>unions in the US

Those have been neutered in most of the US. The red states have passed "open shop" laws where owners can hire scabs to work alongside union employees without being members. No more collective bargaining power.
>>
>>9025601
Do you get a cut of the booze, I don't get it?
>>
>>9024324
I thought the same lol
>>
>>9025994
>asian here, you ''''''people'''''' disgust me

What a retarded sentence. I'm making this a meme
>>
>>9025994
Its a heckin reference to a television show, you oriental autist
>>
>>9024324
>he thinks a crowd of people right before close means only staying 15 extra minutes
>he thinks AA groups are big spenders who are gonna be worth the trouble
>he thinks anyone wants to stay longer than needed after running a dinner shift on a saturday night
t. someone who has never worked in the food industry
>>
my kebab place closes at 9 but they turn the kitchen off at 8.20 and wont sever after 8.20. imo pretty garbage.
>>
>>9030813
Thats early as shit, Who the fuck eats a kebab while the sun is up?

Kebabs are drunk food or just late night munch
>>
>>9030813
Dude, what? That is ridiculously early. Ten is optimal closing time.
>>
>>9030014
If you're in the US and you haven't called OSHA, you're fucking retarded. You can submit a tip anonymously and if your place of work fires your ass for some retarded reason as retribution for making them follow the fucking law, you can call up OSHA again and sue without paying a dime. Guarantee you that they'd rather pay up the pennies they would be paying you for extra time than deal with negative publicity mixed with OSHA and union legal battles.
>>
>>9031135

I think you mean the labor department, not OSHA.

OSHA deals with safety issues, it has nothing to do with wages/pay issues.
>>
>>9030014
You are full of shit, I live in Arkansas that has the worst workers rights in the country and I have never heard of a company doing that.
>>
>>9031143
My bad, that shit is just on every giant OSHA poster I've ever seen. Every place of work is required by law to have that huge poster of worker's rights, and iirc the section on pay has a number you can call. I always just assumed that it was still OSHA.
>>
>>9031155

Those posters are required by state law. They happen to have OSHA information on them, but they're not made or promoted by OSHA. They also have all kinds of other crap on them, like minimum wage information, human trafficking, etc.
>>
>Not having two different "no more new clients" and "closing" times.
Seriously, I thought this was common practice. Don't you have a last order time in bars some time before closing?
>>
>>9031236
in my experience it's because customers are dumbasses and will whine about not getting what they want regardless of how nonsensical it is, and managers will bend over backwards to lick their arseholes

in bars, though, closing time is an established tradition most of the punters will understand and abide by
>>
>>9031253
This. People get real fucking uppity with fast food places and the like because they know it'll get them what they want. If you try that shit at a respectable bar, they'll just ban you from the bar. Plus, fast food places know that they can get away with treating their employees like shit. I worked a place that had two wonderful policies: 1. If you're here more than 30 minutes after close too often, you're fired. 2. You cannot refuse service to customers until the clock hits 10 AND the restaurant is empty. Meaning that if someone sat at their table for 10 minutes after close and someone else pulled up wanting to put in a fresh order, you weren't supposed to refuse them. The manager saw that these policies were bullshit, but that was still the actual rules that corporate handed down.
>>
>>9024330
Owner is also the cook.
Boom! Just shattered your world view.
Maybe if you patronized the small businesses of your friends and neighbors instead of going to fucking Dennys and McDanks, you'd have a basic grasp of business practices.

But you didn't learn anything did you? You're just a poor poor ugly smelly redditor lacking in intelligence, culture, morality honor, ambition, and dignity, aren't you?

What's that? You're gonna cry? Good. The salt will make my fries all the tastier.
>>
>>9031534
autism
>>
>>9031374
>force employees to stay after close
>fire them if they do it too often
Corporate culture was a mistake.
>>
>>9031534
What the fuck?
>>
>>9031534
Epic dude XD
>>
>>9024324
>Implying the wagecuck who has to deal with this shit owns the business or will see a monetary gain in anyway from inconsiderate assholes.
>>
>>9024324
>No work ethic

Literally kys
>>
>Working in a service-based industry

You exist to serve others.
>>
>>9025616
Someone is butthurt that young folks are going places in life and he is a cucked failure working the grill in a shithole flyover diner.
>>
>>9025628
>Implying one would not be fired on the spot for saying this
>Implying the owner would ever condone some disposable wageboy refusing paying customers

Do you even retail?
>>
>>9026052
That business was poorly run.
>>
>>9031641
>high school theater group
>going places
lel
>>
>>9026930
>Expecting people to simply "go away" and die en masse in the streets

That literally never happens. They are more likely to storm your shitty house and rape your wife. Desperate people don't just go away. Also, it's more likely you'll be paying for their welfare because their employer replaced them with robots.

Seriously, mass automation is bad news for everyone expect the business execs. We as taxpayers will now be responsible for these people's bills.
>>
>Working in a restaurant

Fucking kek. I would rather work swing shift in the fucking coal mines than do that bullshit.
>>
>>9031695
UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME
B
I
>>
File: Crazy-Redneck-Ugly-Guy-Mugshot.jpg (34KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy-Redneck-Ugly-Guy-Mugshot.jpg
34KB, 500x729px
>>9028034
>Muh werk ethic!

No one wants to stay late to serve some fucking drunks who stumbled in 15 minutes before closing time. Work ethic has jack shit to do with it, hick.
>>
>>9031695
>bad news for everyone expect the business execs

You forgot about how it's a good thing for the companies who make, service, and operate the automation equipment.

Historically this sort of thing tends to create more jobs, not destroy them.

We can see this throughout history. Back during the early days of the industrial revolution stocking-weavers in England were pitching a fit because they feared that the invention of the power loom would put them out of work. They'd protest, smash machinery, etc, out of fear of losing jobs. Fast forward a few years. The advent of the power loom caused the number of people employed by the stocking industry to massively *increase*.
>>
>>9028628
>Implying that is the way it works, ever

Nice reach, faggot.
>>
>>9028848
>Food actually wasn't fucked up that time, too

Oh, my sweet summer cuck.
>>
>>9031720
not to mention the suppliers who sell parts, tooling, machinery, and services to the companies manufacturing the automation equipment.
>>
>>9030014
Jesus Christ get a better fucking job holy shit kek
>>
>>9031720
>>9031740
You think they aren't working on automating all of that, too? If they can replace 100 factory workers with a single technician, how does that create jobs? If the machinery itself can be made using automation, how does that create jobs?
>>
fucking delete this
i have to fucking stay an hour late to wash tthe fucking dishes anyways fuck this
>>
>>9031720
Automation replaces unskilled labor with a smaller number of skilled laborers.
>>
>>9030413
Fucking THIS.
>>
File: 'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!.jpg (12KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!.jpg
12KB, 262x192px
> ITT semi literate American Niggers who can't get any other jobs complain about what little work they actually have.

Can you 'merican niggers just stop being stereotypes for one fucking minute?
>>
>>9030023
>Trying to unionize food service in Murga

wew
>>
>>9024324
See >>9031626
You pathetic ideological slave
>>
>>9031758
>> ITT semi literate American Niggers who can't get any other jobs complain about what little work they actually have.

In 'merica, working up until closing time is LIKE SLAVERY!!!!

TIME TO MARCH IN THE STREETS!!!

$15 an hour

> plus, we aint workin fo tha last half hour of tha day, cuz it don't count, niggaz!
>>
>>9030014
Not food service but I used to work at TJ Maxx and everyone had to punch out right at closing and then sit at the front of the store for a half hour to an hour while the flamboyantly gay corporate shill store manager counted the registers and did whatever else. Only he could unlock the doors to let us leave.
>>
>>9028034
See >>9031763
>>
>>9031682
Ironically, "she'll" head to New York on graduation expecting to be heralded as the next Laurence Olivier and end up working in a New York shithole restaurant waiting for "her" big break when "she" can't even get a part as an extra in an off-off-off-broadway play.
>>
>>9031753

I just explained to you how, empirically, the industry grows as a whole and employs MORE people overall. This isn't something I made up, it's something that has literally happened time and time again in history.

You are correct that it does change jobs though. For example, in the British stocking industry it did indeed put manual weavers out of work. But the number of other jobs created far exceeded (by multiple orders of magnitude) those that were lost.

Consider also the automobile industry. The advent of the motor vehicle put a great many horse breeders out of business. But look at how many people the automobile industry employs today--far far far more people than the horse breeders it put out of business.
>>
File: Nigger Nightmare.jpg (491KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Nigger Nightmare.jpg
491KB, 1632x1224px
>>9031758
>> ITT semi literate American Niggers who can't get any other jobs complain about what little work they actually have.

Meet your replacement, lazy nigger.
>>
File: Muh Entitlement.jpg (95KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Entitlement.jpg
95KB, 800x658px
>>9031766
>n 'merica, working up until closing time is LIKE SLAVERY!!!!
>TIME TO MARCH IN THE STREETS!!!
>$15 an hour

What was that niggers? You're entitled to $15 an hour?

*pats lazy, entitled nigger on head*

have a good life, little nog
>>
>>9026627
No surprise that the /pol/tard capitalism-cheerleader lacks real world experience
>>
File: 68797978.jpg (65KB, 488x326px) Image search: [Google]
68797978.jpg
65KB, 488x326px
>>9030014
>Even if you're hourly, a lot of places get you to clock out at closing time.

Maybe in North Korea but here in America, I'm walking out the door after punching out regardless of what work remains to be done.
>>
>>9031748
Machinery will never be made entirely without labor. Sure, automated machinery does some of the work. But there will always be people needed to design, maintain, and operate those machines. Factories will need to be built, which gives work to the construction industry. People work at the plants which supply the parts needed to build said machinery, and so on. There will be people working to design the new automation systems. Advertise them. Sales agents for said systems. There is a massive trickle-down effect.

Again, study history. People have panicked quite often about "ZOMG the machines are going to take away our jobs" yet in every single instance (except one*) the industry has grown more jobs overall despite people bitching.

*the one example that I can think of it's really a case of automation destroying an industry, but more a case of an industry dying because people's preferances have changed. The piano-making industry used to be much larger than it is today because many years ago it wasn't uncommon for a normal family to own a piano. It was one of the few "big ticket" purchases a family might make. These days most people would rather buy fancy cars, big screen TVs, recreational vehicles, etc. It's a fascinating story if you're interested in that sort of history. Check it out if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>9031773
>Meet your replacement, lazy nigger.

It's not just niggers with shit work ethics now famnegro.

Millenial white kids all try to act like entitled niggers now and refuse to do anything productive as well...

'Merica has been infected with a bad case nigger thinkin.
>>
>>9031773

lol white faggot. you think those machines are your answer?

I'm gointo go to every one of those stores and breaking all those machines. try to stop every one of us. just try it.

Have fun replacing machines every day... cuck. lol
>>
>>9025994
>>9026013
>>9026031
You fucking idiots
"Rev up those fryers" is a meme you fucking redditors
>>
>>9031799
You seem to think that automation only affects blue collar jobs, but that's not the case. Software automation is already resulting in less of a need for human accountants, and that trend will only continue. Their goal is to automate everything and hire no one. These capitalist fucks hate you, and would rather see you dead than give up some of their shekels.
>>
>>9031893
>You seem to think that automation only affects blue collar jobs, but that's not the case.
I never said anything about blue-collar jobs specifically.

>>Software automation is already resulting in less of a need for human accountants, and that trend will only continue.
Sure. But it creates jobs for programmers. And the money which people might previously paid for accountant services will be spent on something different, creating more jobs in that industry.

>>Their goal is to automate everything and hire no one.
You sound like some sort of consipracy theorist. It will never be possible to "hire no one", because the automation itself creates jobs in its industry. And, whatever money might have been previously spent on manual tasks will now be spent on something totally different.

Even if you take it to your extreme and all the money goes to some rich bigwig what do you think he's going to do with it? If he spends it on luxury yachts, fancy jewlery, and fancy cars then the money will go into those industries. If he keeps his shekels in the bank and does nothing with them then the money still trickles into other industries when the bank loans it out.

You need to study more history and economics and worry less about "them" taking jobs away. It's a nonsensical concept.
>>
>>9031913
And of course you have no explanation for how to deal with the relatively large percentage of the population (of all races in case 80 IQ sturmfags want to jump in) who are unable to think logically to develop and maintain even accounting software, let alone understanding the mathematics behind robotics and artificial intelligence. There are only so many fastfood and janitor jobs. Unless you come up with a better solution than extermination, you'll be dealing with riots that will shutdown any form of transportation of goods and result in full scale civil war.
>>
File: 1338873371806.png (27KB, 398x352px) Image search: [Google]
1338873371806.png
27KB, 398x352px
>worthless subhumans who work hourly jobs crying

loving every fucking lel
>>
File: 1361151150549.jpg (55KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1361151150549.jpg
55KB, 348x383px
>>9025994
>non-human asian talking down to anyone
>>
>>9030335
Booze makes for a significantly larger bill, and servers expect that to reflect in their tip
>>
>>9024324
when I was a mcfaggot there were days we had to stay litteraly 2 -3 hours later because a million faggots decided to come in the last 30 minutes
>>
>>9031824
>lol white faggot. you think those machines are your answer?
>I'm gointo go to every one of those stores and breaking all those machines. try to stop every one of us. just try it.

Keep doing that and "you people" won't be allowed in mcdonalds anymore.
>>
>>9025994
South Africa needs to make like this plane

white flight
>>
>>9032063
>mfw Chinese own most of the US debt because the amerilards are too poor to own it themsves.
>>
>>9032259

Chinese here also, and I'm not sure you understand where you're trying to go with this... when we buy 'merican debt, we're doing them a huge FAVOR. You do understand the petrodollar only has power because of 'mericas ability to print money and issue debt at will. Something they cannot do without the world buying up their bonds every offering.
>>
>>9031824
in 80 years shit like this is going to be the stuff they put in the history textbooks they give to robots as an example of the mindset of an earlier time.
>>
>>9031703
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>9031720
>Automation will create more jobs!

That's not the point of automation.
>>
>>9031740
The entire point of automation is literally to eliminate jobs. That's how they maximize profit.
>>
>>9031758
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>9031771
Sounds personal. Did something happen, anon?
>>
File: breadwinner.jpg (51KB, 453x310px) Image search: [Google]
breadwinner.jpg
51KB, 453x310px
>>9031773
Meet the recipient of your tax dollars because the company that serves you dinner 4 nights a week would rather maximize their profit.
>>
>>9031779
>Lazy Americans rely on fast food workers for millions of meals a day
>In that sense, they are crucial workers, the backbone of feeding all those people
>They deserve to receive slave wages

It's hilarious how deeply ingrained slavery is into this society.
>>
>>9031779
Instead of crusading to deny a better wage to others, why not fight for a better wage for yourself?

You do realize all these people just go to social services to make ends meet, right? I would rather their employer paid their way, personally, instead of the taxpayers.
>>
>>9031791
And also here in American, you get fired for that and easily replaced.
>>
>>9031810
>Millenial white kids all try to act like entitled

I know, right? Like wanting livable wages and insurance like their parents took for granted. What entitled Millenial brats.
>>
>>9032233
Black people keep Miggy Deez in business. Good luck getting them all banned.
>>
>>9032413
Meet the real current recipients of the vast majority of US tax dollars, our llustrious bloated "defense" industry, multinational agri/chemical corporations and the ever benevolent medico-pharma industry.
>>
>>9032399
Aspiring theater actors waiting tables in New York is a pretty common stereotype 2bh anon
>>
>>9024324
Found the boomer.
>>
>>9024096
Wahh wahhh i have to cook food Oh no
Cry a little bit more. Look, if someone comes in even one minute before the kitchen closes you should be prepared to cook for them
Since you're a little peon, you're probably getting paid by the hour. Stop whining and do your job you stupid shit. This is the problem with millenials working in kitchens. Not willing to cook for a fucking 30 top of paying customers coming in when they are totally in the right in doing so. If I heard you complain about this in my kitchen you'd be jobless in the amount of time it took your pea sized brain to process what had just happened
>>9024324
This is too true. Try running an actual kitchen and then tell me how bad it is for a few people to walk in 15 minutes before the kitchen actually closes
>>
>>9031892

>spongebob squarepants

Sorry, /ck/ is an adult board.
>>
>>9024324
Still get paid the same no matter how many you sit, my dude.
>>
>>9032420
>Something a literal trained ape could easily do (and do better than most of the workers)
>Bloo bloo bloo Tyquariyesha deserves six figures for bitching at customers all day
>>9032427
I don't want for it to become even more difficult to get an entry-level job. When you double the amount of money you're shelling out, it doesn't just magically appear out of thin air. Half the wagies get cut that very day.
Not to mention inflation. I already pay enough for necessities and get taxed to hell and back, I don't want to have to pay even more for groceries and shit than I already do.
If you're over the age of 20 and working for minimum wage, the only explanation is that you have genuine mental problems or are a junkie who can't hold a 15 year old's level of responsibility, in which case why would I fight to pay you more money which indirectly comes out of my wallet?
Sure it's selfish but you've got to be when it comes to money. The people shilling for $15+ for people who literally mash buttons on an automated screen are trust-fund college libs who haven't worked a day in their lives.
>>
>>9032933
>Thinking any wagie is going to want to do extra work and stay an extra hour late for Mr. Shekelstein with a smile on his face because of some boomer "muh work ethic" faggotry
NYUHHH YOU LAZY KIDS JUST NEED TO WORK HARDER AND GIVE EM A FIRM HANDSHAKE
>>
>>9024324

Keeping the place running for an AA group is not going to make you any money, retarded boomer.
>>
Every time I go through a drivethrough within a half-hour of closing, I make it a point to ask them if they're still open. That gives them an out to say that they've already shut down the kitchen if they want it. I'm a good boy.
>>
>>9031534
The cringe
>>
>>9026930
>supposedly being that wealthy yet feeling the need to be an anonymous condescending ass on 4chan

Sure
>>
>>9026949
Yeah same here. Even if there is half an hour before close if I don't think I can finish in time I either try to avoid it and go elsewhere or just order to go (and for 1-2 people)
>>
>>9026979
Honestly I have been to a lot of restaurants where they say that they are closing in half an hour or only taking to-go orders right now.

The problem isn't lawsuits - the problem is jerks who feel entitled to whatever they want whenever and places accommodating their demands.

It's is a classic example of a child throwing a fit and getting their way, on adult form. These people have no respect for others and my guess is they were spoiled by crappy parents who tried to be their friend instead of being their damn parent. If restaurants would politely put their foot down instead of giving in and catering to their whims, they would eventually learn to come earlier or go elsewhere.

Small towns do something similar in that the whole place will often shut down around 6-6:30pm. You learn fast to either get your shopping/eating done by then you have to drive to the nearest bigger city (or the nearest McDonald's).

One could argue that is why McDonald's is a huge company making billions of dollars and these small restaurants aren't - but these small restaurants didn't set out to be McDonald's either.
>>
>>9027931
>>9028848
Huh, I don't think I've ever had this happen. Usually ordering one item yields the fastest results. I really don't get why they would care so much if you are ordering minimal food - less work for them isn't it?
>>
>>9028017
If I were somehow in this situation, I think it would be somewhat hilarity to get that reaction. Someone (maybe an owner of a sassy restaurant) should try it sometime - if nothing else to get the reaction even if they don't actually kick them out. Like a candid camera type thing (except without the cussing).
>>
File: Free Food Niggaz!!!.jpg (107KB, 710x534px) Image search: [Google]
Free Food Niggaz!!!.jpg
107KB, 710x534px
>>9031758

This is what happens when Obama gave American niggers unlimited welfare... why work when you can sit at home & eat for free?
>>
>>9032420

Here's some advice, little nigger.

Instead of crying on a message board, go fucking learn an actual skill.

Once you have a Skill, then all those "racist white people" will magically start offering you jobs and good salaries and stop calling you nigger.

Funny how the world works...
>>
>>9034155
>>> ITT semi literate American Niggers who can't get any other jobs complain about what little work they actually have.

What do you expect from a welfare country?
>>
>>9028051
>>9028174
I wouldn't call it "autistic" because that implies something is wrong with them developmentally and they could then chalk it up to that.

I would call it "selfish entitled prick" and I think the attitude of >>9028174 just sort of proves that. Grant, being called autistic on 4chan shouldn't mean anything to anyone, but 1) that person just to called their self out as being a rude jackass (or as you say, autistic) since they just agreed you called them that (implying they do the very behavior you are chastising) and 2) it's clear they don't care about being a jackass to others to begin with because they feel selfish and entitled and their parents likely taught them they could be anything or anyone and do anything including be an artist with zero talent or change genders.
>>
>>9028066
That doesn't even make sense unless you closed at like 6pm.
>>
>>9023721
>did you book a table?
>no, sorry.
>fuck off then.
>>
>>9028085
If they don't pay their employees for time worked then they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit. If they don't want to lay overtime then they have to kick everyone out regardless of whether work is done or not unless, as someone else said, they are salary. This is one way a lot of management ends up doing work because the employees can't have overtime so they have to leave but work still has to be done and management is the only salaried employee(s).

I'm speaking generally, not just for restaurants.
>>
>>9032420
Only dumbasses eat fast food regularly. Cooking food yourself is much less expensive than going to McDonnalds, so there is not much reliance here. Sure Americans want meal options which save time, but if those fast food meals were any more expensive, then less people would eat fast food than normal. So, the reason why fast food workers are payed so little is because Americans only want to eat fast food if it is that cheap, and if that means fast food workers get paid less, then so be it.
>>
>>9032420
Just because something is important in scale doesn't mean it deserves to cost more money. Water is integral to your survival, but you wouldn't like it to cost 100 dollars a gallon.
>>
>>9028207
There are exceptions but otherwise I agree with this (I am a female myself saying this)
>>
>>9028628
Seriously.. Who are you that genuinely would think like this? I mean really. Surely some of the people on this thread are just saying crap like this to be inflammatory and don't actually believe what they are saying? Or is this whole thread filled with disgruntled restaurant owners who are barely making ends meet and don't have any appreciation for their staff?

If that is the case then try hiring better people and appreciate your staff - then you will get better work, better work ethic, and you won't have to work them to the bone well past closing and you can express some standards of common decency - making your staff like you even more.
>>
>>9030413
>t. someone who has never worked in the food industry

Why the fuck do you idiots work in food to begin with? I understand a real job is hard to come by these days without good connections/education/experience etc, but even retail is better.
>>
>>9032429
what the fuck are you talking about?

Any business which makes you work for free can get into a lot of legal trouble for doing so.
>>
>>9034188
Only gluttons eat food regularly. Humans can survive on a holistic purifying diet of air and water for up to a week or longer.
>>
>>9028784
Well I guess that's where he or she gets it wrong.

No one pays attention to the damn overhead.

If someone comes in at the end of the day after everything is put away, they better be plunking down massive cash with minimal effort required - i.e. "let me order 2 of your finest steaks" 10 minutes before closing. Otherwise, the money they take in will not be enough to cover the additional time you have to spend to clean everything back up and put it all away again.

As for leaving negative reviews that ruin the business, I don't think there are that many people who would see a review about someone coming in before close and not being served as a negative against the restaurant. I would think most people would see it as a negative against the person claiming it. Most people can recognize dickish behavior in others even if they do it and don't recognize or see anything wrong with it in themselves.
>>
>>9026903
roastie getting toasty!!
>>
>>9030014
Either you are full of shit or your manager doesn't know anything about employment law and/or banks on none of the employees knowing about it either.

Any company I have worked for kicks me out if I try to do any work after clocking out.
>>
>>9030342
I have a good work ethic (I don't work food service though) and I would consider it rude to expect others to work past closing because I planned poorly.
>>
>>9031143
>>9031135
This.
>>
>>9031544
Corporate culture is still a mistake.

>have business run by a bunch of people who don't know how business is ACTUALLY run
>people who couldn't do your low-level job telling you how to do your low-level job
>people who couldn't do your job making unrealistic and unreasonable demands and having unrealistic expectations
>"this is what we expect and if you can't do it, we'll find someone who can" - *can't find anyone who can or who cares enough to try at the wage they offer*

The worst thing to do is to achieve their goals one or more times because then they think they're bloody brilliant and that the same goal is a realistic expectation to have every time in all circumstances.
>>
>>9031634
There is a difference between a servant and a slave.
>>
>>9031679
How so? I realize "our customers don't exist to serve us, we exist to serve our customers" but there is still a difference between a good customer and a bad customer. Money is money but if you aren't bringing in enough to cover the overhead of keeping the people there all that extra time then what good is it?

You think you are serving customers but what you are really doing us catering to assholes and teaching them that it's OK to disrespect you and your employees and your business because they are more important.

You sound like you would have a poorly run business because it doesn't sound like you value your employees or their time.

However, if you meant that you would have scheduled around that already and have been prepared for such an occurrence with your employees not expecting to leave anytime soon then I retract my other comments as they are based obviously in a different interpretation.
>>
>>9031534
Do people ever think about what they put on the internet?
>>
>>9031720
This: >>9031753
>>
>>9031769
You should have taken that up with HR and if that didn't work (or you didn't want to) you should have gone to the labor department. He can't hold you there off the clock and either you are all clocked in or he lets you leave while he counts
>>
>>9031771
Is "she" biologically male too? Or were you meaning *she* for emphasis?
>>
>>9031772
Fair enough.
>>
>>9031783
And what is your socialist communist idea, Hitler Stalin?
>>
>>9032429
This: >>9034220
>>
>>9024324
>15 minutes late
>implying any employees will see any benefit from this situation

Itd be more like this
>manager shuffles out an hour before
>owner certainly isnt around
>kitchen staff works late as fuck and some might be expected to open the next day
>after 2 hours past shift of cleaning up the place after a huge crowd who you can guarantee intends to make a night of it, you can bet your ass the next shift manager will bitch everyone out for not cleaning something up
>>
>>9031695
Yeah naw peole have become lost to their society and end up dying in the streets plenty of times in history, more than they revolt. Sorry Javi.
>>
>>9032435
>livable wages
>insurance
Thank the Democrats - the same ones you cry to for $15/hr. All you are doing is pressuring businesses to replace you with machines OR make your job hell because now, instead of 2 people to do the work at $14/hr combined, they now only have 1 person to do the work of 2 because they can't afford to pay double the overhead.

Thank the Dems for the drastic rise in inflation because people like me, who make much more than the minimum wage but now that gap is decreasing for my skilled work over your unskilled work have to pay me more to compete - otherwise why should I take my skills to a high stress job when I could flip burgers for lower stress and nearly the same dollar amount? And since all our wages have to go up, so does the price of everything putting you into an endless cycle of needing more money to afford to live.

Thank them for destroying insurance while you are at it because now, more of us have a shitty HSA/HDHP plan instead of a normal, affordable copay plan. The I can't afford to see the doctor anymore - exactly what this all supposedly was going to remedy unless I can shell out about $200 a visit.

Also, thank the Dems for turning college into a liberal indoctrination center instead of an actual education center. Everyone is pushed to go to college as the great ideal for the best life - but they aren't providing education anymore, it's primarily just brainwashing. So now, lots of kids have these fancy college degrees that are worthless either in their scope or because college degrees are too abundant (or both). A college education has been extensively devalued both by its own merits and by oversaturation.

Where do you think all this extra money is going to come from? That mysterious top 1%? Why not take from George Soros - he could certainly stand to be brought down a bit.

Your views are nice but they are purely idealistic and extremely short sighted.
>>
>>9033420
>AA group doesn't order food
>only orders 30 waters
Yep, no money.
>>
>>9033426
THIS! It's called "common decency"
>>
>>9034372
THIS.
>>
>>9034432
>republicans control congress the last 7 years
>congrss controls spending
>we din't do nuffin!

Time to head to your drumpf worship ceremony isn't it? Or at least back to your /pol/tard circlejerk.
>>
>>9034432
implying:
>a business would just employ more people so their workes can be more comfy
>you would flip burgers even if it earned you the same amount of money
>more educated people is bad
>low skill workers should earn little so they want to improve yet if they do it's bad because saturation
>>
>>9030014
Wage Hour Devision US DEpartment of Labor. They will anonymously collect triple of what everyone is owed for back pay.
>>
>>9032468
How fucking bluepilled are you? Over 50% of our tax dollars go to social security, unemployment, and medicare. AKA niggers
>>
>>9032933
>implying you run a kitchen
Nice larping bro.
Even if you do, only shitty restaurants accept last minute customers at the expense of the staff. Have fun going bankrupt in a few years.
>>
>>9036540
>someone walks in 5 minutes before kitchen closes
>you don't seat them
Enjoy your bad reviews
Our margins are pretty good all things considered. Also have five stars on (((Yelp))).
Seating someone a bit late is not actually a huge problem. My staff tries to get the fuck out every night. If two people scheduled for 30 hrs per week stay 10 minutes late two nights out of five it's no problem.
>>
>>9031695
>20 years later and people still thinking replacing bottom-of-the-line workers with robots is a bad thing
wew lad
You've had two decades to learn
>>
File: 1483313465864.jpg (24KB, 313x367px) Image search: [Google]
1483313465864.jpg
24KB, 313x367px
>>9031534
>Boom! Just shattered your world view.
>>
>>9034220
you don't get reprimanded for clocking out on-time, you get reprimanded for not your work done. Only the worst of the worst shit-holes actually tell you to clock out and keep working, but nearly every wage cuck experiences time-theft.
>>
>>9037788
restaurant owner detected

how does it feel to be so shitty at running a business that you have to beg customers to pay your own employees?
>>
>>9030023
We have a huge labor black market and an over saturated labor market so the workers have barely any bargaining power.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.