[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's summer. Does that mean I can't have heavy stews,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: stuffed shells.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
stuffed shells.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It's summer.

Does that mean I can't have heavy stews, baked pasta dishes, or other comfort foods right now?
>>
No, it means "the warmest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from June to August and in the southern hemisphere from December to February."
>>
>>9022743
No, I never understood that stupid "seasonal foods" meme.
>>
>>9022743
Where are the shells and what are they stuffed with?
>>
>comfort food

Kill yourself.
>>
>>9022779
No.
It's winter here and hubby needs comfort food after a hard day's work.
>>
>>9022783
>hubby needs
>being a faggot
>>
>>9022786
:(
>>
>>9022743
>eggplants in season
>tomatoes in season
perfect season for moussaka
>>
>>9022743
not all comfort foods are heavy
>>
>>9022751
You'd understand if you lived somewhere hot. When it's 98 degrees outside you don't really want to come inside to a bowl of heat.
>>
>>9022743
You can eat whatever the fuck you want, but I like the various mayo salads, grilled foods and veggie salads in the summer and shit like lasagna, chili, soups and stews in the winter. At the end of every fucking April I start craving that first grilled burger with guac.
>>
>>9022779
this

Also seasonal foods are a 19th century meme. I'm eating pumpkin pie in June and there ain't shit you can do about it.
>>
>>9022786
>not being a faggot

You're on /ck/. You're a fish out of water.
>>
>>9022779
Just because you had a shitty childhood being molested Uncle Bob on a regular basis doesn't mean you have to take it out on other people.
>>
>>9022973
>e-everyone here is a queer just like me!
Delusion is hilarious
>>
>>9022806
>When it's 98 degrees outside you don't really want to come inside to a bowl of heat.

You also don't really want to have your stove or oven running for hours when it's that hot!
>>
>>9023002

Just because you're a fattass who gets "comfort" from food doesn't mean that everybody is like that.
>>
>>9022751
What's to understand? You eat what's coming in fresh during the growing season and live off storehouse meat, what's in the root cellar and whatever you've canned during the part of the year when nothing grows. It's hardly a meme. It's the way everybody ate until two generations ago. And it's still how people eat in places where food traditions are strong.

The meme is a supermarket stocked with the same mediocre shit all year round. Enjoy your tasteless tomatoes in December. Oh, you don't like raw tomatoes? That's why.

>>9022743
>comfort foods
The idea of comfort foods is some fatty bullshit. Heavy stews and baked pasta dishes are wonderful, but eating for comfort is some deeply sick shit that will make you a fatty.
>>
>>9023171
>will

can
>>
>>9023200
idk, man. I've never heard a skinny person say "comfort food". It's always fatties and people in the process of becoming fatties. The very idea of eating for comfort is fucked up. If you eat to soothe your emotions you will become a fatty, the same way that drinking to soothe your emotions will make you an alcoholic. It's a sick way to look at food. There's nothing wrong with enjoying indulgent heavy foods once in a while because they're delicious. But thinking of them as comfort foods - things you eat to seek comfort in? That's putting you on the path to eating a pint of ice cream every time you feel stressed out.
>>
>>9022743
That's like saying that just because you're not a dog that you can't eat dog food. You're dumb.
>>
>>9023171
Dude, I live in a tropical country (Mexico). I can find just about any fresh fruits and vegetables all year long.
>>
>>9023515
Nice. Seasonal eating is less of a thing the closer to the equator you get, since the seasons don't change as much.
>>
>>9022743
I'll tell if you do
>>
>>9023004
This is the right answer. Runs up the AC if you have it and makes the house hot as shit if you don't.
>>
>>9022743
Yes unless you're an absolute madman
>>
>>9022743
>tfw making hot curry every day and eating it with hot coffee
I should really start making iced tea again, it's getting too hot for this shit
>>
>>9022743

Too much body heat has been shown to be fatal. You risk serious injury by doing this.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.