[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to bake french bread. It's very consumed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: P06-06-17_01.34.jpg (566KB, 3200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P06-06-17_01.34.jpg
566KB, 3200x1200px
I'm trying to bake french bread. It's very consumed here in Brazil. But they're usually sold as baguettes and I needed them round like hamburger buns.
I'm using
500g of wheat flour
10g of dry yeast
a spoon of sugar and a spoon of salt
And two spoons of, I don't know how to call it. It's a mixture to improve the flour quality.
200-250ml of water
I knead the dough until I can stretch it enough to see light through it.
The first ones I made didn't have a smooth crust, then I learned I need to spray water. Now the crust is smooth but they're shrinking and the dough is dense inside.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
Anyone?
>>
If it's too dense inside with just water as liquid, just give the dough more time to rise and relax.

How long do you proof before shaping and how long do you proof after shaping?
>>
>>9019039
What do you mean proof?
>>
>>9019042

proofing is when you just wait

you mix and knead the dough, then you wait for the yeast to eat the dough and fart air into it

this process is called "proofing" and the dough "rises"

it's what gives bread the air bubbles that make it less dense
>>
>>9019050
One or two hours. Until it doubled the size or so.
>>
>>9018466
How long did you let it rise after kneading? Did you punch it down, shape into rounds and let it rise a second time? For how long? How hot was your oven? Did you preheat the oven for at least 30 minutes? Need more info before people can help you.
>>
>>9019069
I knead it and let it rise for about an hour. Then I flatten the dough, cut and shape each buns. Then I let it grow for another 1-2 hours until they're pretty big. I preheat the oven for five minutes at 240 ÂșC. spray the buns with water and let them bake until golden brown, which takes 15-20 minutes. I push the oven tray out quickly to spray them with water all around a few times when they start baking.
>>
File: 20170516_120003.jpg (696KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_120003.jpg
696KB, 2048x1152px
>>9019104
I use a similar recipe to yours without the sugar and my crumb looks like this. It's light and airy, but unless you increase the water level to about 75% and do an overnight rise it will be difficult to get the larger open holes typical of a true baguette. Those high hydration doughs are more difficult to work with and require bannetons.
>>
i roll my bread out in a pizza pan with cornmeal, let rise, then divide it with a spatula, and bake top rack for 11 minutes at 450 f. these bread triangles taste great with oil, cinnamon, and sugar on top. Can also be frozen.
>>
>>9019144
*I forgot to say that I also put slashes in the top just before I put it in the oven onto a stone and don't spray it but instead put a pan of boiling water on another rack in the oven. My exact recipe is 4 cups AP flour, 1 3/4 cups water, 1 tsp of yeast. When I make rolls like you're doing, I bake at 425F for 30 minutes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.