[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here is coo/ck/ing challenged? >Can only cook like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1496120697585.jpg (352KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496120697585.jpg
352KB, 1200x900px
Who else here is coo/ck/ing challenged?
>Can only cook like two things
>Can't even cook them well, can only cook them to a quality where they're edible and that's it (chili and spaghetti)
>Can't cook anything that tastes good
>Can't make a grocery list
>Burn or ruin anything I try to cook
>Only thing I can cook 100% of the time without fucking it up is premixed Betty Crocker cakes
>Eat fast food most of the time
>>
I can only cook like three things because I hate buying ingredients, it always feels like I end up spending $30 for one fucking meal
>>
that is one obedient doge
>>
>>9018335
I can also "cook" hot dogs, but only in the microwave.
>>
Watch youtube cooking videos.

Food Wishes is a good start. He goes step by step on his recipes so they're basically foolproof. If you want to learn different country cuisines, there are numerous results for those. Cooking With Dog (Japanese) and Maangchi (Korean) are excellent.
>>
>>9018334
>>9018334
Not cooking challenged, but everybody at work thinks I am
>work at nice italian restaurant with coursed menu for a few years
>move over to baking for about a year or so after doing that just for some new experience
>become a drug addict and leave the state
>cant find a nice restaurant to work at in new area (oklahoma)
>work at a shitty restaurant with a 50+ item menu of shitty american food that makes no sense
>have so much mise en place I want to blow my brains out
>everything frozen and people constantly come to kitchen to say how shitty everything is
>it's coorporate so no changes to recipes or get fired
>no motivation to cook anything well
>coworkers think I'm just some schmuck with inflated resume because I never want to flip the burgers on flat top and when I do I don't even give a fuck
Gonna kill myself in a few days /ck/. I don't know what I can do at this point
>>
>>9018334

I'll tell you a secret.

The best chefs in the world have the same disability. They've just done the thing so many times that they have learned how to avoid every possible failure.
>>
>>9018334
Here's something I think you can't possibly fuck up.

>1 lb ground beef
>1 good sized packet of instant potatoes
>cup or two o' corn
>seasonings to taste
>10" circular baking dish

Preheat to 375. Mix beef with seasonings in a bowl. Mash beef into baking dish like it's the fucking crust of a pie. Pile on the corn evenly. Set aside, covered.

Boil water and add the potato flakes per the god damn packet instructions. Whip'm good, then spread evenly and smoothly across the top of the meat'n'corn like it's the top half of your fucking pie.

Throw it into the oven for roughly 30-35 minutes. Take it out, let it cool for 2-3. Cut into eighths and enjoy your fucking easy shit mashed potato pie. I mean this in all sincerity: if you cannot do this you are fucking retarded and should check into an institution where you'll be properly cared for the rest of your pathetic life
>>
>>9018369

I have literally never talked to anyone that could not fuck this up easily.
>>
Stop trying to cook "things" (i.e. dishes) and learn how ingredients work.

Turn the heat the fuck down. Remove the pan from heat to reduce the temperature quickly. Cook things in fat.

Gg, literally fucking so easy
>>
>>9018334
I've never thought cooking was difficult. A home cook can learn a handful of techniques (braising, frying, stewing, steaming, roasting and grilling) and make literally thousands of different dishes from every country on earth.

Start with a simple braise. Sear some cheap meat on medium high in a bit of oil until it looks browned. Add some chopped aromatic vegetables like carrots, celery, and onions annd cook for 5 minutes. Add some garlic, herbs (thyme and bay leaf are standards in the west) and crushed tomatoes. Add some water or stock. Add the meat back in. Simmer until tender and salt and pepper to taste. It's really that simple and that one technique can cook multiple dishes from every culture in the world depending on the meats, vegetables and spices used. Don't over complicate cooking and you'll be fine.
>>
>>9018880
>simple braise
>medium high
>looks browned
>aromatic vegetables
>stock
>simmer
I don't know what any of these mean anon.
>>
>>9018334
just follow some recipes nigga
>>
>>9019265
How long have you been through life without knowing how to use a dictionary, anon?
>>
>>9019332
What dickonhairy?
>>
A good place to start is learning to cook eggs. A quick google search can tell you how to cook eggs in multiple ways in just two or three steps. Just build off of that, and troubleshoot problems as they come up. If you stick to the cheaper ingredients and you fuck up. No big deal just dump it or try to salvage it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.