[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is to-go food annoying if you're a cook or a bartender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7814.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7814.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Is to-go food annoying if you're a cook or a bartender?

I like having a drink or two and then take some food to go, but I always wonder if I'm being shitty.
>>
na, that's what the tip is for.
>>
>>9017656
as a waiter i dont give a shit what you do as long as you tip me and don't make me stay late
>>
>>9017656
It's only annoying for the kitchen if the stupid shitty bartender forgets to ring it in as to go and you have to refire
>>
>>9017743
Who the hell is waiting on take-out? Take-out exists expressly to bypass you whiny cunts.
>>
>>9017656
The only time it's annoying is if you are ordering to-go from some high-end $100 a plate place. That tends to annoy a chef. Otherwise do what you want.
>>
>>9017656
>Is to-go food annoying if you're a cook or a bartender?
Why the fuck would it annoy the bartender?
>>
>>9017656
>na, that's what the tip is for.
This. It's what they are working for. If you're going to have drinks w/o food, maybe you are getting a little grr from someone who wishes you to run up your bill a bit more for the seat you're occupying. But, as long as you take care of them before you leave, you should be known as a regular who isn't a cheapass. Besides, takeout can always be for your spouse who is working late, or homebound poppa, or your preplanned lunch for the next day...it doesn't _have_ to mean you are simply avoiding eating in public. If you are using your takeout as a way to pay less tip on your drinks and their waiting on you, I'd be a little concerned. While I wouldn't pay a tip to the full percentage as if you ate there, I would be supernice about how I ordered, and when I did order, I'd be like "no rush, but later, I would ask you to put in an order for your <insert compliment> such and such." I've found most bartenders were extremely able not to be a dick unless really slammed. And, if they are passing off that stress to you, wait a minute to push your order and when they come over in a little reprieve to do your refill and act civil again, try then to order. Know where the bartenders really don't act entitled? When the food is really really good, think good chef. A lot of rich people do takeout in places no one really would think to do that. A good tossed salad with dressing on the side, topped by meat of choice seems portable. If you really are concerned call your order into the ToGo at some chain like chili's or outback, and barely even leave your car to run in and get a main plus sides. They encourage this!
>>
>>9018504
>$100 a plate
>high-end

Guess how I know you are poor.
>>
>>9018902
>>>9018504
>>$100 a plate
>>high-end
>Guess how I know you are poor.
I don't know about him, but the high-end for me starts on a menu when the least expensive choice if starts at about $28 and up. The exception is seafood, of course, or premium aged big steaks, where market price is market price on that item. But, I don't see chefs charge higher than $30-35 entree prices at even the nicest reputations of establishments, ever. Anything more than that, and there's some kind of performance or show attached to the night, like Mai Kai tiki show, dinner theatre or music, crazy best hotel sunday brunch in town complete with mimosas, or I guess anything attached to Disney World fees like a visit from Mickey Mouse during breakfast.
>>
>>9018951
$35 for an entree is fairly high end, unless you mean "main" in which case, no, that's not high end, especially since that probably includes sides
>>
>>9018883
Probably as in some drunkard swalking into his bar with this shittier smelly kebab food tray and spilling it everywhere.
>>
I'm glad OP made this thread, because sometimes when I'm high I'll get food at a bar and then order more food to eat at home while I smoke weed and play video games

If it's an Asian place or someplace with a ton of fried food - I don't give a shit but if it's somewhere nicer I won't do it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.