[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried any Caribbean food? Anything from Trinidad or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: caribbean_map.gif (33KB, 356x230px) Image search: [Google]
caribbean_map.gif
33KB, 356x230px
Has anyone tried any Caribbean food? Anything from Trinidad or Jamaica?

What's it like?
>>
Their ice cream is fantastic, and the beef patties are a nice take on the meat pie. I don't think they're as good as pasties, but they're spicier, which is always nice.
>>
They don't have food
>>
>>9016324
jerk chicken is great stuff. the curry goat dishes too.
>>
>>9016337
Are you joking?
What makes you say this?
>>
jerk chicken, curry goat, ox tails, beef patties
lots of indian dishes and influence if you're into that
>>
>>9016337
Memes were a mistake
>>
>>9016324
Trini food actually has some unique to the island recipes. Double doubles. Delicious stews in roti bread. Delicious tamarind dipping sauces for poulourie fritters made from chickpea flour, or pumpkin, etc. There's a lot of uses of alternative starches to flour in a lot of the indian influenced dal/channa/cassava breads and goat, chicken, seafood curries. There's an emphasis on some more use of tropical fruit and citrus, and more fusion of african, and south american, and indian influences together. The Spanish add a lot.

Jamaican food is not as adventurous or unique or as fussy, maybe more homey. Jerk marinades of all types, starchy fried rice/bean filler for most of the sides, lots of vegan soups or curry sauced sides. I'd even categorize it as more beans n rice poverty food due to that vegan rastafari thing, and real poverty. The meat patties are always good, but it's stuffed inside coco bread, another starch. Hard dough bread is very dense. Carrot drink is rich. Seafood is mostly bone-in junk reef fish they throw back in the US, or salt cured fishy stuff, or you're in a resort having better fish. akee and saltfish, for instance. Conch is imported from Bahamas, so always frozen. A lot of the basics are simply the bad packaged foods imported from England. Also keep in mind the #1 last name in the phone book in Jamaica is Chin, so bad chinese food reigns supreme.

As a Floridian that's been to both and enjoyed good stuff back at home, I'm going to vote Trini > Jamaican.
>>
>>9016324
I went to Grand Cayman when I was seven. I remember some delicious jerk chicken and pork along with amazingly sweet guava jelly.
I don't remember actually trying much different kinds of food. I was somewhat picky back then so it may have been for the best.
>>
File: cuban.png (141KB, 1109x333px) Image search: [Google]
cuban.png
141KB, 1109x333px
Reminder that discussion of Cuban food is not allowed
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.