[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats a cheap but impressive cut of steak I can buy for dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 0001667633_20.jpg (150KB, 801x648px) Image search: [Google]
0001667633_20.jpg
150KB, 801x648px
whats a cheap but impressive cut of steak I can buy for dinner tonight? Most sites go on about best steaks but very few talk about price to quality ratios.
>>
>>9015993
Most cheap steaks suck. Best of the bunch is probably the flatiron.
>>
just experiment
buy what looks good for the price at whatever place you're shopping at

fry it up with some butter salt and garlic without overcooking it and i'm sure you or whoever you're serving won't regret it

Have a nice day anon.
>>
>>9015993
>cheap but impressive

There aren't any. Best thing you can do is go to your butcher or supermarket and look at the steaks you see. You might get lucky and find a lower graded steak that happens to have really nice marbling, or find something on sale.
>>
>>9015993
Your best value is pretty much always whatever is discounted due to expiring the next day at your local high end grocery store
>>
A good thick wedge of bavette, smeared with moist fresh garlic and thyme and cooked rare.
>>
>>9016002
This.
Flatiron is a hugely underrated cut, and is great with kosher salt and whole peppercorn
>>
heart is actually magnificent, but you'll need to put a lot of work into it
>>
>>9015993
Go to a butchers shop, they are usually cheaper than grocery stores and have better fresher cuts of meat.
>>
>>9017153
You want quality meat? Go to a butcher.

Sear lightly steak with butter, garlic, thyme and rosmary. Salt and pepper before you put it in the pan

Don't heat the butter to the point it creates smoke.
>>
>>9015993
ossobuco
>>
I'd recommend ordering a whole shank from your butcher with the bone in. Roast it and make a simple gravy out of the pan drippings. Keep the bone in. Your guests are going to want to see that. It's very caveman-ish in the best possible. way.
>>
Chuckeye. Practically a ribeye but much cheaper. Still might cost you depending on where you get it though. Beyond that, Sirloin is a very underrated cut. Some people have mentioned flat iron but where I live that's an expensive cut and only comes in Angus, so it might be a geography thing.

Not sure what you mean by impressive though, if you're looking for kickass flavor there's a million marinades, but if you're a steak purist it's either just butter or butter + thyme + garlic, with salt and pepper ofc.
>>
File: shank.jpg (114KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
shank.jpg
114KB, 478x640px
Here's a great pic. You might consider smoking it if you're equipped.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.