[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /ck/ ever had Cincinnati chili? If so what did you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cincinnati5.jpg (47KB, 640x343px) Image search: [Google]
cincinnati5.jpg
47KB, 640x343px
Has /ck/ ever had Cincinnati chili? If so what did you think of it?

t. Cincinnatian who eats it often
>>
Yes, Skyline, many times.

I never get a "way" like your pic tho, always cheese coneys, and always hot sauce
>>
I'm from the Northeast US, and I really enjoy it. I've seen a lot of people (mostly from this board, lol) get into heated discussions about whether or not it's actually "chili", but I don't give a fuck. It will always be my guilty "flyover slop" pleasure.

(Also, that picture needs some oyster crackers.)
>>
>>9013587
I always get Skyline 4 way (onions) to go and add jalapenos from home. Good shit.
>>
>>9013576
never had it, but sounds pretty good atually, chili instaed of tomatore suace
>>
>>9013576
>>9013113
Thoughts?
>>
always wanted to try skyline chili at a restaurant since i saw it on tv years ago

they have cans of it, but it's over 4 dollars for a tiny can and canned chili always tastes like ass
>>
>>9013598
Speaking of oyster crackers, any other Cincy/tri-staters here just dump a shit load of crackers on top of your '-way and stir them in? I don't treat them as an appetizer, they're one of the stars of the show, imo. A guy I know from Delhi eats his like a total faggot. Spends five minutes chopping up all of his noodles like a child while he eats one cracker at a time.
>>
>>9013576
I like it, but I really think calling it chili does it a disservice because it makes people have different expectations for the taste.
>>
Love skyline chili, but as mentioned it's pricey, and the frozen canned stuff isn't very good. Occasionally I make a big batch and eat a homemade version for a week or so. Here's my recipe should anyone want to give it a shot. I've made it numerous times and everyone always loves it.

2lbs twice ground beef, 80/20 or 85/15
beef base to taste, approx 1tbsp
Medium onion small dice
1/4 cup water
2 8oz cans tomato sauce
2.5 tbsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 tsp minced garlic/1tsp fresh
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground clove
1 bay leave or 1/8 tsp bay leaf powder

Cook the beef and add chopped onion and garlic while cooking. Break it up constantly so you don't end up with big chunks of meat.

Once the meat is cooked add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Do NOT drain off the fat.

Heat through and serve over spaghetti with finely shredded cheddar, onions, and beans if that's your thing. Then douse liberally with Tabasco as it tastes basically like the sauce you get from skyline.
>>
>>9013576
I accidentally made a huge batch of mince meat sauce extra spicy the other week, it was ok with extra pasta and cheese.
I'm imagining it's similar.

I prefer to have beans in a chili though.
>>
>>9013576

I had that in Hawaii one time. Delicious.
>>
>>9014319
I agree that chili traditionally should have beans in it, however in the case of Cincinnati style chili it's kind of off on another island by itself and shouldn't be compared really in any way to what we traditionally think of as chili. suffice it to say the name is the same, but different enough that they shouldn't be compared to one another. Most people are not just going to eat a straight bowl of Cincinnati chili for example.
>>
>>9014367
Yeah, that's the picture I'm getting, it seems like it would maybe benefit from not being called a chilli, like maybe call it Cincinatti Style Bolognese or something.
>>
Skyline chili is fucking nauseating.
>>
It's not bad. I like it with cheese and onions. I find the sauce a touch sweet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.