[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is culinary school worth it? Even if it's just to prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: C.I.A.20DEGREE.jpg (129KB, 776x615px) Image search: [Google]
C.I.A.20DEGREE.jpg
129KB, 776x615px
Is culinary school worth it?
Even if it's just to prove you brainlets that you have wrong taste in food?
>>
>>9011386
>Mr. Sulek? I'm CIA
>>
Are you willing to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a certificate?
Do you want to work at a less stressful job like food R&D?
Do you want to learn some skills to help in opening and operating your own business?

Culinary School has many merits, but it's a shortcut. You could always save the money and just get the skills and experience from where the places you work.
>>
>>9011386
Do American cooks not go to a trade school and get a journeyman certificate like they do in Canada?
>>
>>9012105
We're talking cooking, not plumbing sewers leaf, although in Canada there may be some similarity between the two.
>>
>>9011386

You're generally better off working a couple of years in the industry before deciding to go to culinary school. If in a couple of years you've decided that a lifetime of work in the culinary world is what you want, then go. It can very much increase your career options. It isn't worth it if you're going in blindly with no real world kitchen experience and don't plan on working your way through it. I've worked with several cooks who had $30,000+ debt and were working for twelve bucks an hour. I personally think that kind of personal debt would be better incurred starting your own place after several years of working in restaurants than a culinary degree that will, in most cases, only get you an entry level position into a proper kitchen.
>>
>>9011386
Only worth it if you're a big guy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.