[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work with edible lavender. Today I got some dried lavender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lavender.jpg (153KB, 777x1203px) Image search: [Google]
lavender.jpg
153KB, 777x1203px
I want to work with edible lavender.
Today I got some dried lavender that was marked as "edible" and it says on the package that I should heat it for 10 minutes before consuming. One of the things I wanted to do was infuse oil with lavender - is it enough to infuse the oil as it is and heat it that way or should I heat it before and if so, how? I fear the lavender might lose its aroma when heating it before infusing the oil.
I also wanted to try baking lavender bread. Is the process of baking enough?

Any tips and thoughts on cooking with lavender would be appreciated, too.
>>
Get food flavouring. It's made exactly for what you intend to do, and it's actually food grade without complications.
>>
>>9006911
Seems like that's the easiest solution. Bummer.
>>
>>9006882
Trying to grow some so I can make lavender syrup. Pretty stoked for that.
>>
>>9006911
>I want to make X
Nah, brah, buy X instead
>But I want to make it
Nah, brah, buying is easer
>But I want to occupy my time doing something I like
Na brah, people don't get enjoyment out of work, only useless things
>>
>>9006882
Put lavender in oil.
Heat oil to a decent temp, not higher than like 100C
Wait fifteen minutes.
BAM.
Lavender oil.

Orrrr extract it into everclear for a more crisp taste with fewer oil flavors.
>>
>>9007833
What oil
>inb4: Google it
Asked the same thing and got multiple answers, I am trusting Anon more than I trust a search Engine
>>
>>9007833
Sounds good. Thanks a lot!
>>9008467
I was thinking about rapeseed and olive oil, trying both.
>>
>>9006882
You can get lavender oil pretty much anywhere. Even if it's not labeled for culinary use, just check the vitamin area of a pharmacy and you'll likely find bottles of it marketed for aromatherapy or something. As long as it doesn't contain anything but lavender oil, it's the same shit.
>>
>>9009137
Except "lavender oil" isn't really lavender oil (it's something oil infused with lavender), so you can't really know what's in it.
Aromatherapy lavender oil contains the insecticide that was used on the plant for example, food grade don't.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.