[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is flavorcol a meme? I have tried using this with so many different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 0040648833509_A.jpg (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
0040648833509_A.jpg
19KB, 380x380px
Is flavorcol a meme?
I have tried using this with so many different methods and have never really been able to taste anything other than salt.

I've always used 1/2 tsp per 114g (4oz for fatties) like the box says. Why does it taste like nothing?
>>
File: NHK ni Youkoso - 01 - Large 11.jpg (23KB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
NHK ni Youkoso - 01 - Large 11.jpg
23KB, 638x360px
>>9003270
>he fell for the flavorcol meme
>>
>>9003270
>Is flavorcol an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means?
This is how stupid you are.
>>
>>9003289
Why am I stupid?
>>
>>9003375
Because you used the word "meme" and he doesn't understand what a colloquialism is.

Also because you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>9003402
>Also because you're a fucking faggot
I already knew that
>>
Do you use it along with the 3 tablespoons of orange dyed butter flavored coconut oil?
>>
>>9003270
is this the stuff that gives you lung canceR?
>>
>>9003270
Naw it's garbage. We used it at a movie theater I worked for during high school and it only ever tasted like salt.
>>
>>9005214
I have got some butter flavoured coconut oil, it's yellow coloured like butter. Never seen the orange stuff you describe here.

>>9005228
Not sure, I've never smoked it

>>9005277
Thanks, any suggestions for something better?
>>
We use it for our popcorn machine at Ace. For me my popcorn has to be salty so to be honest the more ya put in the saltier and better it tastes to me
>>
>>9005451
Unfortunately not. Working there ruined me on popcorn for the past 8 years so far.
>>
>>9005861
I agree, but why bother buying flavorcol when it doesn't have any other rewarding flavours than "salt"

I could just use table salt in a coffee grinder for the same result
>>
>>9005977
It just helps make it the color people for some reason want while adding the salt. If you don't mind it not being as yellow when you eat it, your coffee grinder idea is actually pretty great and I never thought about that. Theatres, parks and other places started making it yellow so it's something different than at home, long before microwave popcorn was a thing, so people would be like oh it's that popcorn!
>>
>>9006728
Damn. I thought it was only cheese that americans added colour to in order to make it yellow/orange.
If you look at the rest of the world's cheddar cheese and Kraft single supplies, it's all pale yellow.
I fell for the flavorcol meme and imported almost 1kg of it in a milk carton style container because I thought it was actually good.
>>
>>9006793
To be fair, the ingredients do say "salt, artificial flavor. FD&C yellow #5 Lake, FD&C yellow #6 Lake" so they do add some kind of flavoring to it. What it is, we have no clue.
>>
>>9007518
It says "salt, artificial butter flavor, etcetcetc" get better eyes anon
>>
File: IMG_1295.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1295.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9007543
No, it doesn't. This is from my container in the cupboard. This is what it says. Maybe some other containers are labelled differently but this is the normal orange milk carton looking flavacol container.
>>
File: 51DhdQGMSVL.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51DhdQGMSVL.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>9007543
And here is a photo off the internet. Still no word "butter" in it any where. Ingredients are exactly as I said.
>>
>>9003270
jesus I dont know how you're fucking this shit up but I use it and it makes god tier popcorn every time

here's how you do it, take 3/4 of what you'll put in and throw it into the fucking oil before you put the kernels in, make sure it's well distributed among the oil
pop your shit as per normal then toss the remaining quarter on top. You dont need much, I use like a tsp per large batch (i dont measure the kernels)

>>9007608
yes and that's because the theatre "butter" flavoring kids think of doesn't have anything to do with actual butter. If you do want to put actual butter on your popcorn always use clarified to avoid it getting soggy
>>
>>9007934
Oh I know there is no butter. I was just clearing it up for the person who tried correcting me after I listed the ingredients by saying "get better eyes" when no where does it say "artificial butter flavor" it only says artificial flavor.

I use a whirly popper with the coconut oil, flavacol and kernels and it comes out great every time and needs nothing added. I think it's even better once it cools off for half a day honestly.
>>
What are the ratio's anyway, for a 1/2 cup of kernels, how much flavacol should one use?
>>
>>9008342
I use 1/2 cup kernels, 3 tablespoons of the coconut oil, about 3/4 teaspoon flavacol
>>
File: 2003GA_detail.jpg (35KB, 350x573px) Image search: [Google]
2003GA_detail.jpg
35KB, 350x573px
>>9009168
I mean the butter flavored and dyed coconut oil not just the clear/white stuff.
>>
Where can I buy this stuff at? I've never seen it or heard of it.
>>
>>9010736
What stuff? Flavorcol or the American meme popcorn oil
>>
>>9010739
The flavacol stuff OP posted
>>
>>9006793
The artificial yellow started off because of Wisconsin dairy products. Wisconsin has a fuckton of wild naturally growing carrot family plants so the cows would eat shittons of beta carotene in their diet and the milk/cheese would turn out a deep yellow/orange. It used to be a mark of quality/region but now as betacarotene rich grazing fields have become less common due to mass dairy farming the natural color isnt there anymore so to protect their brand a lot of wisconsin cheddars and cheeses artificially dye their cheese.

Just figured I would post this to inform some Yuropeons about why we do what we do and that we dont just dye cheese for chuckles.
>>
>>9010825
You also edemucated an American. Thanks for the new knowledge.
>>
>>9003289
>is **** a meme?
Is a meme you fucking retard.
You really rustled my jimmies<-me memeing on you
and
>2017
>looking up meme and still getting it wrong
ISHYGDDT
^
Still hard memeing on you.
>>
>>9010825
interesting, I thought yellow popcorn was for the opposite reason. It used to be very common place you had to artificially colour butter substitutes, ordinances passed to protect the dairy industry from margarine.

I just always thought that was the origin of it all.
>>
>>9010897
You drunk?
>>
>>9010825
I'm Australian but thanks for the explanation. Even mcdonalds here uses cheese that has been died a more orange colour than normal, so good to know the original thinking behind it
>>
>>9010802

Amazon is the only way. It's not in stores.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.