[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a childhood food that makes you wish you were a kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

File: 1991 Was 30 Years ago.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1991 Was 30 Years ago.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
What's a childhood food that makes you wish you were a kid again?

>For me, it's the Grilled Cheese sandwich, cut diagonally, with ketchup for dipping
>>
You can also eat grilled cheese as a adult
>>
Dinosaur egg oatmeal

I though about buying it at the store yesterday. Mom said it went out of business to stop me eating it. I want my dino sugar Mom. Raaawr.
>>
Bacon cheese toasties.

Mother used to make them for us at lunch on weekends when I had friends over. She called them "croque monsieur" because we live in french canada and croque monsieur is a similar recipe. Every time I eat them I'm reminded of all the days I invited friends over after school, we'd swim in the pool all day and then we'd all come back inside to eat those tasty fuckers beside the open door at the kitchen table as the fresh summer air would flow in as we'd call each other dicks and tell stupid jokes.
>>
>>9002396
Mac and cheese plus hot dog bits. i remember one time I got sick in the winter, so my aunt made a huge batch, and I was in my warm room wrapped in a blanket eating it while watching a crime documentary.
>>
File: ice-cold.jpg (48KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ice-cold.jpg
48KB, 1200x1200px
>>9002396
Ice cold Dr. Pepper, straight outta the can.
>>
>>9002444
Fucking rich kids.
>>
>>9002453
>canned beverage bought from the store
>childhood food

You parents never wanted you.
>>
>>9002396
when I was like 11 I spent a whole summer eating jalapeno chips, tuna pasta salad, and drinking pink lemonade. we had just moved to San Antonio from Michigan and had a pool, lots of toads and lizards and shit in the yard. for some reason Starz played Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat like every night. no responsibilities, no bullshit, just hanging out in my room watching terrible (awesome) video game movies, running around outside, and doing whatever the fuck else I did at 11 to keep myself entertained

I'd like to experience that again, just for a week or something
>>
>>9002461
Oh, so you and your family make their own sodas? That's awesome, Captain Cola but I'm pretty sure the major point of the post was
>what edible things make you wish you were a kid again
>>
>>9002483
If it wasn't prepared by your parents you were never loved.
>>
Smiley fries
School cheesey pizza squares that were so warm and soft that you could roll them into a tube, suck the cheesy grease that dripped from it, and then munch it from one end. Learned that from the Simpsons except not eating the tubed pizza in one bite.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9002487
Goddamn you aren't even trying are you?
>>
>>9002508
I'm not trying to bait you if that's what you're implying.
>>
>>
Dumb frogposter reddit thread.
>>
File: IMG_3548.jpg (44KB, 230x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3548.jpg
44KB, 230x206px
>>
>>9002396

My grandmother used to make a baked brie tarte with honey and lavender. The crust was made with almond flour. Nice lady. RIPIP.
>>
Egg sandwich, white bread(not toasted), american cheese, ketchup, cut into 4 squares. Just like my dad made, and I still make it all the time without changing a single thing.
>>
>>9002396
>not dipping it in tomato soup
Jesus fuck get some taste already.
>>
>>9002396
Mines my mum's coleslaw, it was the best coleslaw I've ever eaten. I'd love to have the recipe as none if found online come close but I had a falling out with her and haven't spoken to her in over ten years. I'll probably never eat it again in my life, feels bad man.
>>
Grandma's french toast and toad in the holes
>>
>>9004896
Sounds like a good way to mend fences.

>mom, I decided to call because I was remembering one of my favorite childhood dishes that was all you. It was why I realized our silly tiff needs to end since you're an integral part of me.
>Now give me the fucking coleslaw recipe or get a restraining order, one of the two!
>>
>>9003175
Holy fuck same. They were pretty gross even then, but they hold a special place in my heart. The chocolate ones were like some bastard deconstructed Oreo concoction.
>>
>>9004956
No unfortunately anon that's not how life works, I'd rather have substandard coleslaw than her in my life.
>>
>>9003691
That is a work of art. She will be missed.
>>
Fish sticks and mashed potatoes.
>>
My moms chicken salad on toasted ciabatta. Holy shit.
>>
>>9002396
>ketchup for dipping
Fucking disgusting. I'm glad my dad served it with pea and ham soup, now that's fucking delicious.
>>
>>9002396
>What's a childhood food that makes you wish you were a kid again?
I clearly remember eating a grilled tuna sandwich with cheddar and concord grape jelly but my mom denies it.
>>
Brap Juice

My mom always fartshat diarrhea into a bowl when I wanted an extra good reward and I still think of this precious childhood food memeory.
>>
>>9002396
For me, it's the McChicken.
>>
>>9002396
Pigs-in-a-blanket and Mac and Cheese. Always had it in when my dad went out of town and went my dad went out of town we could do whatever we wanted so it was fucking great
>>
>>9002396
For me, it's the elementary school lunches
>>
My mom used to make this thing (not sure on the name) that was basically just grated pickles and bologna with mayo on bread. The two of us were the only people who liked it out of 7 people and we would chat and eat our sandwiches. Was sort of our special thing. Felt like my mom got ignored a lot since our family was all boys. I still try to spend additional time with her when I can. Have not had the sandwich in like 15 years. Not sure why.
>>
>>9006650
Those square pizzas were horrible but kinda good duped in ketchup.
>>
File: simpsonsmotherbright.jpg (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonsmotherbright.jpg
742KB, 1920x1080px
mom's blackberry pie

>rip mom
>>
File: Kyloren.jpg (25KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Kyloren.jpg
25KB, 400x266px
>>9003679
This came up in a thread the other day. I am a fucking grown ass man and I still call up my best friend and say "Do you want to come over for dino bites and legos?"

>Pic related, what we built last time.
>>
>>9007378
Sounds comfy
>>
File: Lebanon bologna.jpg (139KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lebanon bologna.jpg
139KB, 500x375px
Pic related.

My grandparents lived in central Pennsylvania. We would go visit in the summer and then all head to the shore in southern New Jersey. Lebanon bologna reminds me of childhood, grandma, and summer vacation at the beach. And I will never, ever, for the rest of the days of my pitiful life on this god forsaken planet, experience that again. FUCK

I'm going to drown myself in gin now. Fuck you OP.
>>
>>9008746
Yes, yes you can experience it again. Follow this recipe and realize it was well worth doing because grandma appeared and blessed you every time you made it.

http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/lebanon-bologna-traditional

Thank me later when your nostalgia is satisfied.
>>
File: 4142496314_84e680e70b.jpg (105KB, 262x500px) Image search: [Google]
4142496314_84e680e70b.jpg
105KB, 262x500px
Kraft white cheddar mac and cheese. It's not good as it used to be when I was a kid, now I have to make homemade mac and cheese to get that kind of enjoyment.

By the way, have any poorfags here tried the boxed mac and cheese from ALDI that are like 35 cents? Does anyone else's next piss after the meal look like highlighter ink? That cheap dye is weird, probably not good for the kidneys.
>>
my mom throwing a ham hock in either some hop n john or split pea soup
chicken, tuna, egg salad toasted sandwiches
>WATERED DOWN ORANGE GATORADE from the fridge just like the kind they had after sports practice

mom was a world class baker but I always hated sweets so she would whip up brownies, cookies, cobblers, cakes, pies, struedels, etc. for my friends and get a kick out of how much they loved it. I swear they miss her cooking more than I do.
sorry mom. nothing personal. just dont like sweets. and you fucking know I hated pancakes also.
>>
>>9008887
The regular Kraft Mac and Cheese is different as well, but it still fills the void on occasion.

The one I miss is Golden Grain Macaroni and Cheddar, it had a sharper "cheese" flavor compared to Kraft. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.
>>
>>9002435
Sure, but it's the fond memories that accompany those foods which make us yearn for a time-machine.
>>
>>9002396
Peanut butter & Nutella on a slightly toasted egg bun.

Also, any homemade meal from my babcia; that ace of a woman took her recipes to the grave with her, and no alternative has been able to compare.
I'm almost ashamed ashamed to say that I've shed a few tears while trying out alternatives in the past. I don't try alternatives much anymore because of that.
>>
>>9006127
literal shitposting
>>
>>9002396
Daddy's sperm, fresh from the tap. He'll be old when he's released from jail, and it just won't be the same.
>>
>>9006127
>>9009121
are you the same person
>>
>>9009124
No. There's more than one witty person in the world, my friend. Don't be jealous that God never gave you the same capacity for incisive social commentary.
>>
Welchs grape soda, homemade pasties, zebra cakes
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.