[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work in restaurant >close at 8:00 PM >customers come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 18

File: 1350921028395.gif (3MB, 289x180px) Image search: [Google]
1350921028395.gif
3MB, 289x180px
>work in restaurant
>close at 8:00 PM
>customers come in at 7:59:99

Can someone explain what goes through these mongoloids minds?
>>
Still open
>>
File: 1430062384482.jpg (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430062384482.jpg
10KB, 267x200px
>7:59:99
>99
>>
Lock the door dipshit
>>
>>9002289
>what are hundredths of a second
>>
File: rgb4hNFH.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
rgb4hNFH.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>>9002251
>7:59:99

And yet you insult others for doing nothing wrong.
>>
>work at BK for my first job
>closing shift is always three people
>manager, cook, and cleaner
>manager sits in the office playing games on his phone
>cook is an ex-con who scares me
>I'm trying to help him cook, clean dishes, and basically break everything down
>open till 12:00 it's 11:59 I closed the doors four minutes ago
>some moron pulls up and starts screaming into the mic, pulls forward starts banging on the drive through window
>we ignore it, close the place down and leave
>next day we learn that the place was broken into, someone threw a chair through the manager office window, couldn't get much further then left
>>
If you're not setting the hours just suck it up faggot. If you are, politely tell them the kitchen is closed. I will never understand the people who bitch about this, having worked in a real restaurant for years, this happened regularly and it's just part of the territory. My girlfriend would complain about this constantly even though she only worked at an ice cream shop. Had to stop myself from rolling my eyes everytime she bitched about having to work 10 extra minutes or reclean something. Get the fuck over it or find a new job nigger, you already know most customers are breathing, walking, trash people.
>>
>not telling them kitchen is closed
>>
I think restaurants should have a closing time and a kitchen closing/ordering time. That way people know when to not show up and order last second, but if they do it at that point then theres still time to work on it.
>>
>>9002326
https://youtu.be/FJye229QbVs
>>
>>9002251

The restaurant needs to set a closing time 45 minutes to 2 hours before it intends to send wait and cook staff home for the night.

If someone walks in a minute before closing time they should get seated and a full meal and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

If, on the other hand, the restaurant doesn't want to follow this sane (and industry wide practice) then it should start turning customers away an hour and a half before closing time.

This is pretty simple shit to understand... unless you're a fucking stupid ass restaurant worker
>>
>>9002289
Took the time to pic out a reaction pic and everything. Sad.
>>
File: 20170522_192955.jpg (810KB, 1479x1310px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_192955.jpg
810KB, 1479x1310px
>>9002251
>microwave time
>>
you either seat and serve them or tell them that you are about to close

and fuck yelp reviews, only cretins post and read that garbage
>>
>>9002327

Holy fuck, that picture is busy.
>>
>>9002309
>What is a measurement never used in HH:MM:SS formats
>>
>>9002744

>and industry wide practice

Wow, you're retarded.
>>
File: 1482786489069.jpg (14KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1482786489069.jpg
14KB, 245x246px
>>9002744
>sane (and industry wide practice)
>>
>>9002309
So he showed up at 07 minutes, 59 seconds, and 99 hundredths of a second?

He used a colon, so that's 07 hours, 59 minutes, and 99 seconds. If he wasn't a retarded little bitch who whines about people coming in to eat while their restaurant is open, then he would have posted the right format of 07:59:59.99, that's a decimal between the 59 seconds and 99 hundredths of a second.
>>
File: Gay Blowjob (32).jpg (50KB, 566x417px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Blowjob (32).jpg
50KB, 566x417px
>>9002327
I recognize that gay blowjob!
>>
>>9002251
So close at 7:30 if you don't like it faggot
>>
>>9002744
Thank you!
We serve until XX:XX.
The only wiggle room is on the side of later.
Close at 10 PM? 9:50 is an acceptable time to put an order in. 10 is a bit of a push, but still totally acceptable (as much as you want to bitch about it).
>>
File: 2-Karkov_Vodka.jpg (28KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
2-Karkov_Vodka.jpg
28KB, 368x480px
>>9002251
I'll tell you what's going through my mind.
>I'm tired.
>I just got done spending 9 hours at work and have roughly 45 minutes of commute home.
>I have stuff I can cook at home.
>Home food would be good.
>But I want to drink.
>And I don't want to do anything.
>I'm tired.
>Fuck it, a 5th of vodka and then I'm ordering food online.
>They close in 5 minutes?
>Are they still taking orders?
>Ok, I guess I'll actually tip to ease my conscience.
>Ok, I've had 2 drinks and it's been 45 minutes, where is it?
>Guess I'll call.
>Ok, it's coming.
>Asshole is taking forever, maybe I shouldn't tip as much next time.
>Finally the food is here, I hope it's hot.
>He probably spit in it, oh well, fuck'em.
>>
>>9003037
>a drunkard lazy bastard is the type of person to order at the last minute
yeah thanks for proving OP right that only mongoloids pull this shit
>>
>>9002251
get over it dude, you don't close at eight, you just stop accepting new customers
>>
File: Words - learn them.png (10KB, 634x201px) Image search: [Google]
Words - learn them.png
10KB, 634x201px
>>9003046
I'll have you know I'm not a mongoloid. I'm a European blend who works a stressful office job. If you don't want to take orders at the last minute do like GrubHub and stop taking orders a half hour before you close.
>>
>>9002251
Just tell them you're closed or all your food is put away for the night. What really gets me is the people who try to get in an HOUR after we're closed even though the hours are posted right in front of them and the doors are fucking locked.
>>
>>9003080
>work taco bell
>close at 2:30am
>lights are off sign is dark
>not answering people at order screen
>they STILL come up and knock at the window and get mad when we tell them we're closed
>couple times guys have tried to trade weed for food
>>
>>9003055
kys you fucking retarded mongoloid scum.
>>
>>9002327
I want that shopped in the darkest part of every picture in the world
>>
>>9002251
They're probably housewives who have never worked a day in their lives or upper class people who have never worked a shitty part-time job. Anyone who works at a restaurant knows that 5 minutes before closing is too late.
>>
>go to restaurant that's closing because you don't memorize their hours
>"oh sorry i didn't realize you were closing. i'll come back another day"
>"oh no it's fine, no problem. please have a seat. what would you like?"
>"it's ok man, i'll just come back another day"
>"no nonono nononononono please have a seat"
>"ok thanks"
>proceed to have the worst, snarkiest rushed meal of my life
>"you want coffeeeee???? it takes like a day to brew coffeeee and then i'll have to clean the machine because WE'RE CLOSING. sheesh"

why fucking do this to both of us??
>>
>>9002251
You should be happy at the chance to earn some more money Wagie
>>
>>9002733
>"Don't make me assume my ultimate form!"

kek, meth is a hell of a drug
>>
It just seems like a shitty thing to do to me.
I don't go inside a supermarket a minute before they close and take half an hour to shop either.
I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing I was keeping those people. Much rather just go elsewhere.
>>
>>9002251
You get paid to cook you fuckin pussy. Cook the order and close up. It's your job to cook and serve your customers. If you don't like it, get another job. How the fuck do you think the restaurant pays it's bills?? Cooks are so fuckin stupid, they get mad when they're required to do the one job that's in their job title. You wouldn't last in my restaurant. The first time you pitched a little fit because you have to cook an order, would be your last time.
>>
>>9002251
Organize the other employees and demand that he change the hours to close at 7:00 instead of 8:00 or you'll strike. That way when someone comes in at 6:59 you'll be happy to serve them.
>>
>>9003345
I agree with you to a point...in my kitchen we all bitch but have a disgruntled acceptance of the situation....i mean c'mon it sucks having to reclean shit. Even you can admit that
>>
>>9002327
This. Honestly once you accept most people are absolute garbage you'll no longer be disappointed by shit.

More than late comers I kinda hate early comers since I work at a bakery. Fuck you coming an hour before we're even open and bitching there's not 2 dozen donuts ready and frosted for your fatass when you didn't even preorder shit.
>>
>>9003345
>every over-employed person ever

Seriously, quit. Since no one has the decency to fire you.
>>
>>9002251
Absolute true story time, /ck/
>working at sub shop in high school
>me and pal working frantically to close up
>close at 9:00
>drunk and belligerent customer comes in at 8:59
>sorry sir we're closed
>DONT YOU FKN TELL ME YOU'RE CLSOED I WAS IN HERE BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE TO SERVE ME
>fine but you have to order off the cold menu because the grill is cleaned and off and it would take like 20 mins to heat back up
>I KNOW THE OWNER BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE TO SERVE ME
>fine whatever. I'll have a meatball sub
>co-worker mumbles some shit and goes to cook the sub
>WHAT DID YOU SAY ASSHOLE YOU CANAT TALK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT BLAH BLAH I KNOW THE OWNER.
>customer wanders back to the restroom.
>co-worker and i shit talk about the customer while he disappears into the restroom
>5 mins later, customer comes back from restroom that i had just cleaned to a sparkling shine
>customer has massive grin on his face
>co-worker is like.. sneak back and check the bathroom.
>I slide out back door and slip into bathroom.
>sure enough there is a massive shit on the floor
>fucking guy took a shit on the floor
>I go back to tell my co-worker
>"he did, did he?"
>co-worker goes into the bathroom, picks up the log with a paper towel, drops it in the sub roll, puts on some cheese and marinara sauce, wraps it up with butcher paper and hands it to the guy
>sir the registers are already closed, so the food is no charge. Please enjoy with our compliments. have a great night.
>got fired two days later
>>
>12:20pm
>fast food
>highway intersection, lots of businesses around
>soccer moms taking forever to order
>line of cars out to the street, line of customers out the door
>random guy gets 1-2 dollar menu shits
>"WOW WTF IS TAKING SO DAMN LONG, THOUGHT THIS WAS FAST FOOD!"
>"ALL I ORDERED WAS 2 JR BACONS COME ONNNNNNN"

Every single day.

And black people always want refunds right as we finish the order. "you took too damn long"
>>
>>9002251
So? Serve them. That's what you're there for. If you're closing down before you're actually closed you're taking a gamble, every time.
>>
>>9004319

>if you're closing down before you're actually closed you're taking a gamble, every time

That's literally everything you do in a restaurant, dum dum. Doesn't mean that there aren't trends.

And everyone starts closing down the kitchen early if it isn't busy. Are you retarded?
>>
>>9004219
Top kek, worth it. Sub shops are a diamond dozen and if the owner was pals with a dude like that I would've quit as soon as I found a better job.
>>
People are inconsiderate assholes who don't value other people's time as much as their own, more at 8
>>
>>9004219
Hope that's real

I worked at a few subways and drank on the job once. This old bitchy woman started whining and I cussed her out. Coworkers called the manager and manager called the police. I got taken ro jail for public intox
>>
>>9003037
> comes in 5 minutes before closing
> considers tipping to be a morally good thing like charity
> complains about his food taking a long time 5 minutes BEFORE CLOSING.

The cooks and waiters (who are tired just like you are) were probably still doing their closing up shit. Prepped food was most likely already dumped and I get the feeling you asked for one of the more complicated dishes.
>>
>>9003037

You're tipping the fucking delivery service, retard, not the kitchen/restaurant. They already take commission, and it's most likely them that's taking 45 minutes, not the restaurant.
>>
I just spit on their food. As I do with every regular who doesn't tip at least 15%. People are assholes, that shouldn't suprise you, so don't be a beta and put up with their shit with no resistance. Maybe they'll learn some basic fucking etiquette this way.
>>
>>9004469
>"spit" not "cum"
>Only 15% and not something crazy like 25 or 30%
>"People" not "White people"

Weak.
>>
>>9004355
>a diamond dozen
>>
>>9004600
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>9004286
>And black people always want refunds right as we finish the order. "you took too damn long"

Fuck me don't even get started on this. Also people make fake complaints just to get free meals.

There's entire forums dedicated to this stuff. Disgusting.
>>
>>9004612
Fuckin A
>>
>>9002251
If you don't want people to come in at 7:59 you shouldn't be open at 7:59. The purpose of publishing your hours is so that customers know when you'll serve them, if customers have to guess what they /really/ mean then you might as well say "we close at 8ish". If you need 30 minutes to clean up and close the kitchen, you should close at 7:30. If you want it to be clear that you'll kick everyone out at 8pm, but won't accept orders after 7:30pm, then write "doors close at 8pm, no new customers after 7:30pm".

It's your job to communicate clearly, not the customer's job to magically intuit what your schedule is.
>>
I do get both sides of the argument here. As a customer I try not to do it but occasionally will go into a restaurant not long before closing, usually when it's someplace I don't frequent and was mistaken about the hours.
As a delivery driver for a local pizza place in the past, it sucked. We had a couple regulars who would consistently order pan pizzas, which take twice as long to bake, within the last 5 minutes we were open. Didn't like it very much.
>>
>>9004692
Dominoes' has an hour-before-closing restriction on delivery pizzas. I hated it as a customer but it I would love it as a delivery boy. An hour is still too long though. 30 minutes is a good amount of leeway.
>>
>>9004219
>>got fired two days later
If you served a customer the shit he took on my restroom floor, I'd promote you.
>>
>>9004668
>Also people make fake complaints just to get free meals.

This.

The black people who have cried racism and literally brought up slavery just to get some free fries and a soda at my stand are the most shameless, pathetic losers I've ever met in my life.

Are you literally going to try to bring up slavery and fake some tears just so you can get a fucking free soda?!?!?!?

Fucking zero sense of shame...
>>
>>9004680
This. I work in food service and even I agree. At 8:30 you're not getting served because I'm very clear about the rules. If it's 8:29 that's technically fair game.
>>
>>9004680
I think the common wording is "kitchen closes at 7:30pm, doors close at 8pm".
>>
>>9003409
Don't close your kitchen before you're closed and you won't have to re clean things. Your kitchen is open until a certain time. You can clean plenty of items and stage your closing tasks without closing down your kitchen. My kitchen is fully operational until we are done serving. Get your cooks out of the habit of trying to have your kitchen closed before you're actually closed and no one should get butt hurt about anything.
>>
>>9003222

/ck/ - Where a discussion of ordering food right before closing devolves into who's the bigger mongoloid.
>>
>>9005461

welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay

faggot
>>
>>9004219

toppest of fucking keks
>>
>>9004219
Absolute madman
>>
>>9002251
It's upon the restaurant to either post their ACTUAL times they're willing to take orders (which won't happen, it makes it seem more convenient to be open longer hours) , or for them to figure out a way to not start cleaning shit before you're actually closed. I get that you're closed at 10PM and cleaning will keep you there until midnight, so you want to get a head start, but blame your god damn owner/manager/employer for the shitty practices and putting the customer first. These people only come in because the numbers on the door say they can.
>>
>>9005536
It's on the restaurant, yeah. That doesn't make it an invalid point of common decency within the industry.
>>
>>9004393
Some websites allow you to choose how much of the tip goes to the restaurant and what goes to the delivery service. Bitesquad is a good example.

>>9004377
I didn't know an obviously frozen hamburger patty, veggies that are most likely in the refrigerator left over from earlier that day or the day before and frozen french fries that every "Italian/American" restaurant run by middle easterner has these days were gourmet food that required a lot of prep.

>>9005482
Does it have a free continental breakfast that closes at 10am? 'Cuz I'd like to show up at 9:58am and ask why they don't have any more biscuits and gravy then whine until they make more.
>>
>>9004612
>bon app the teeth
>>
>>9002327
Yeah as a cook its mainly the waitresses who bitch about this shit since once they order and I can cook it while closing and cleaning and leave while that table sits there making the waitress have to stay late. Now when we closed the kitchen and a waitress lets people in because they are dumb as fuck and then start an argument bitching at us when we told them everything is off and closed... then I'm mad at the waitress. You can still do quite a bit of closing while cooking for a table that comes in right at the end and its not really at all a big deal. Everything is either off or its on and I can still put away everything I'm not using on their meal.
>>
>>9002804
Had really fucking high potheads who all had dreads and smelled like shit come in and order, then argue with a waiter they ordered something else then post a poor yelp review. Who the fuck would believe a yelp review that says that they received 6 wrong dishes and a wrong appetizer and drinks?
>>
>boy I'm hungry
>>
>>9003304
are you canadian?
>>
>local burger joint closes at 10
>walk in at 9:59
>REV UP THOSE FRYERS CUZ I SURE AM HUNGRY FOR ONE-
>>
>go to breakfast joint
>they have a waitress i haven't seen there before
>after she takes our order she walks over to one of the veteran employees and asks how she should call the order out to the cooks
>few mins later, comes back with the food
>two things are missing, she's super apologetic, fixes one of them within a minute
>i don't really care about it and just want her to stop saying "sorry"
>she comes back 8 minutes later with the other thing still apologizing
>"it's fine, i can tell you're new here so don't worry about it"

she laughed but i feel like that could've been taken the wrong way, what's a better thing to say in that instance?
>>
>>9007250
That sounded fine to me. The worst thing you could have done is bitched her out.

I would have said "stop apologizing, I know you're new but you'll get it together soon enough as long as you have some confidence."
>>
>>9002251
Hahaha we used to fuck with anyone's food that pulled that shit. Rub the meat in our ass cracks and throw the meat on the filthy slimy ground after a busy night.

Anyone who does enters a lower class restuarant several minutes before closing and expects apps, dinner, desert should be prepared to also consume more than just food. :^)
>>
>>9002309
A U T I S M
>>
>>9007259
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>9007267
It's called being a linecook ya dink!
>>
>>9007259
>having this little integrity
You're going places in life
>>
Why do people who work shitty jobs get so mad about things that are an everyday annoyance about that job? That's why you're getting paid. If it were fun and you liked it, you wouldn't get any money to do it. Just get a different job, if you hate it that much.
>>
>>9007291
Inflated sense of self-worth will do that to you
>>
>>9007253
i'm cringing. you would never say this out loud to another human being. if you would, you're the problem, not them
>>
>>9005536
this times a thousand.

I can't count the amount of times I've had friends who work in retail or food service that complain about customers who come in "right before close"

motherfucker, if someone tries to come in once the store is closed, then you can complain. but there's a reason they post the hours of operation outside of your business
>>
>>9007267
>>9007287

How is this new information to you simpleton? These are facts of the dining experience. Walk into a restaurant several minutes before it closes and order a full meal and your food WILL be fucked with.

Cooks are alcoholics and drug users anxious to get the fuck out of that kitchen.

You should be thanking me for shedding light on this fact of dining.
>>
File: varg.jpg (4KB, 201x189px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
4KB, 201x189px
>>9007306
>thank me for being subhuman

i didn't expect to be this disappointed, at least not on /ck/.
>>
>>9007306
>Cooks are alcoholics and drug users anxious to get the fuck out of that kitchen.
A lot of them are mexicans and other forms of human trash who would be just as happy working at any other minimum wage job. This is like saying that it's normal for a cashier at Walmart to spit on your groceries if you're shopping there a few minutes after the posted hours of operation lol
>>
>>9007299
You're cringing because you don't understand social interaction
>>
>>9007313
I do. I know that life is not a dating sim. No one wants unsolicited life advice from some fuckface trying to fill his gullet with discount shrimp poppers.
>>
>>9007312
False. Cooks have to wait for the selfish diners to eat their meal. The cashier transaction is often a minute or so.

Also, the customers dining don't see us spit, rub, throw their meat but the customer would be looking at the cashier in the eyeballs. You have thought of a very poor example.
>>
>>9007314
When you've been in the food service business as long as I have been you'd understand. I've been waiting tables at my parent's restaurant since I was 12. I'm 30 now and own the restaurant. So kindly take a little advice from me and shut the fuck up about what you don't know.
>>
>>9007291
People in the food industry are lazy and stupid, they can't get a better job than this. That's why they bitch so much about having to work. 95% of them would be fired at a real job within a month.
>>
Automation in the food industry can't come soon enough. Fuck these self entitled cunts.
>>
>>9003037
>order 2hrs before closing on a sunday
>get my order 2,5h later
>guy forgot something, tells me it is in the car
>goes back to the car
>just hear how he starts the engine and drives
T-thanks.
>>
>>9004368

This made me laugh harder than the poop story. That's pretty great and also exactly what I expect from a Sandwich Artist.
>>
>>9005821
>>
>>9007329

That's a nice story but you're still a nerd. The advice isn't bad but the delivery is really cheesy and sounds like something from an employee training video. You
>>
>>9004219
This is a true American heart warming story. Godspeed anon!
>>
>>9004393
The entitlement from this post is astounding. Kill yourself you uneducated swine
>waaa tip for delivery driver but not ME the cook
No one cares about you. That's why I placed my order 10 minutes before closing :)
>>
>>9007373
>Order online shortly after the restaurant opens.
>Says it'll be 45min to 1hr.
>1.5hrs later some new delivery kid shows up.
>Usually some metro sexual middle eastern femboy now it's a young whiteboi with cornrows.
>Looks at me awkwardly.
>Here you go.
>Oh, I forgot your drink.
>I forgot a bottle of soda even came with the special.
>It's okay driver, I don't need it.
>No, you paid for it, I'll go back to the restaurant to get it.
>8 minutes later he comes back with a bottle of soda.
>I wonder if he went to a gas station or something to get it.
>Went to give him tip since I said I'd tip in cash, but he ran off too fast.
>>
>>9007214
kek. how did you know?
>>
Why do service industry workers treat this board like it exists for them to bitch about their jobs?
You people don't deserve these constant bawww threads just because your job involves food, we have enough shitty threads started by annoying people.
>>
>>9007746
Service industry folks will continue to make threads about their jobs in the food industry.

Nothing you can do about it, cunt. :^)
>>
>>9002901
Im glad someone picked this out. Nothing about gastro is ever in accordance to be used with the word "sane" in the same sentence or context.
>>
There's nothing worse than disgusting lower class people thinking they deserve anything more than the decadent salaries they already get. They honestly deserve a buck an hour maximum for the monkey work they do.

Here's a tip: don't be poor
>>
>>9009015
I NEET!
>>
>>9002251
Maybe they don't realize it's going to close at 8pm because why does it close so early? Do you live in regional Wisconsin or something?
>>
>>9005433
Tis tru. I've been dish several places cause I prefer it over cooking. I clean and clean and clean. If the shitlords on the line make it take til 2am, kek. I'm there til 2 anyhow. Don't start early, linecucks.
>>
>works at kiosk at mall
>idiot comes in 2 minutes before closing
>halfway through their order, another idiot lines up
>other idiot says she's come a long way for this and that she can't come back another time
>cry fake tears so she can back off but she doesn't
>Autist co-worker does nothing and we're 15 minutes late to close
>supervisor and co-workers get mad at me for being late
>tfw it was my birthday
>>
>>9009560
Funny. Welcome to customer service. No one but you gives a fuck about your birthday in the adult world
>>
>>9002251
>fuck, I'm really hungry and everywhere decent within a mile is closed
>>
File: right.leg.jpg (41KB, 348x498px) Image search: [Google]
right.leg.jpg
41KB, 348x498px
>>9004219
>>
File: YrXbtSE.jpg (372KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
YrXbtSE.jpg
372KB, 1803x1351px
>>9002251
>restaurant
>closes at 8 pm
>>
>>9002251
Did this only once and we were on a long road trip and shoney's was the only place still open.
>pretty sure it was the fruit
>next day
>on the road again
>all my insides said nope all at once
>we pulled over in a hurry and i puked for a good 30mins on the side of the road and felt like shit for the rest of the trip

Never doing that again.
>>
>>9009944
I went to a Shoney's when i was like 5 and the buns were rock hard, i think i actually hurt a tooth on it. Those places are out of business by now, right?
>>
>>9002744
This. Actual restaurants have a "last order" usually 30min before close. You can't order any drinks or food in this time, giving the guests 30min to finish their food/drink, pay their bill and gtfo.

Get gud at running/working in a restaurant or fuck off.
>>
>>9004721
Australia has this problem too

>Abbo comes in
>orders shit
>staff say it'll cost him $x please
>yells at staff trying to charge him money for food cuz they're racist white cunts
>walks off with food because people are on "his land"
>>
>>9009560
>"Sorry we're closed"
how is this so hard?
>>
File: skandaloes-dagobert-duck.jpg (89KB, 940x588px) Image search: [Google]
skandaloes-dagobert-duck.jpg
89KB, 940x588px
>>9010182
muh money

Also, how long does it take you guys, working in restaurants, to clean up each evening?

My bosses/owners/chefs are super autistic about cleaning and it takes 2,5h each goddamn evening to clean, dry and disinfect the whole kitchen basically.
Kitchen is till 22 and I almost never leave until midnight. I only work evenings, so there is that, at least.
>>
>>9010413
>Boss actually cares about spending more money on labour to make sure everything is clean and in its place at the end of each day
It could be worse. Your boss count practically scrape bare minimum and force the workers to do so in borderline squalor.
>>
>>9002309
Murican education
>Microwave time
>>
>>9002251
>Oh, sorry I thought you were open later.
>I'll just head out, you have a nice night.
>>
>>9010420
>more money on labour

ahaha

I get a fixed amount each month (min wage), with extra for holidays. Most of the weeks Im just shy of 40h, so he never makes a big deal about if we finish at 2330 or 0030
Not a cook, dishwasher/helper. I could also mention the nonexistent law-mandated half hour lunch break, but taking it instead of shovelling down in 10 mins would mean staying longer at work, fuck that. Get in, do work, get out.
>>
>>9010175
>AYY YOO WOIGHT DEBBIL GET AWF MUH LAND
You know, making fun of abbos would actually be fun if it wasn't accurate.
>>
>>9004469
How do you spit on food if they don't tip?
Do you open their abdomen and spit into their stomachs?
>>
>>9002938
The dawgs are gittin' some too.
>>
In the fine dining scene this is just a terrible thing. Our restaurant is built inside a luxury casino, but that doesn't mean all of the customers and clients are high end.

The customers that usually come in last minute are the ones who just won 100 bucks on the gaming floor and ask their wife if they want to go eat at the fancy steakhouse last minute. they usually just sit there and stare at the menu with sticker shock, spend 10 minutes picking a fucking wine to pair with 45 dollars for 6oz of lamb chop appetizer, order a soup, salad, entree and dessert. All in all this puts the team back an hour to an hour and a half.

We get written up for having any overtime btw, but usually the managers are all gone before any of this shit happens so they don't see it and still ask us why we're running overtime.

Sorry for shitty grammar and punctuation, it's 5:30 in the morning and I can't get sleep, I'm at that fuck everything point
>>
>>9004612
A true classic.
>>
>>9002251
I want some fucking food and your restaurant isn't closed goes through mine.
>>
>>9002744
Only reasonable post on this thread.
>>
>>9010666
>that post
>those trips
I see you are already in hell`s kitchen.
The orders have a fucking timestamp, next time the retard asks why you did overtime show it to him.
>>
>>9010175
Kek
I thought you were talking abut Abu
Wrong racism
>>
>>9010490
Have you ever mentioned the break thing to the boss? At my first restaurant job I took a food break. I stopped doing that when I realized nobody else in the kitchen did it and they had to keep up for my spot for 20 minutes or so.
>>
>>9004469
Where do you work that food is served after the customer pays and leaves?
>>
>wake up hungry from an evening nap
>decide to walk down the street and get takeout from one of the local family-owned small restaurants
>Hawaiian BBQ place has a sign saying open until 9, it's around 7:40
>while placing an order she complains I should have called it in for pickup because she wanted to close early
>she changes the sign on the door and turns off all the lights in the dining area while I wait in the dark

I don't know how they managed to stay in business almost a full year. Every time I went the only people occupying tables were family members watching television.
>>
>>9004717
Restaurant owner here. Definitely on the edge on this one. On the one hand I would take great personal pleasure in feeding someone their own turd had they placed it on my floor as opposed to in the toilet. On the other hand I would also be responsible for the following shit storm that could be on my hands and could close us down permanently. I would probably throw it at him out in the parking lot
>>
>>9002251
>closes at 8PM
>last call 7.30 PM

dont you guys wherever you are practice this?
>>
>>9011443
That's a stupid practice. If you are a restaurant and your closing hour is 8 then you take orders until you close. Closing your kitchen 30 minutes before you close the business is some shit an hourly employee would think is reasonable. Last call is for alcohol not food.
>>
>>9011067
I dont mention it as I dont really give a shit. Thing is, I only eat after all is done and before we begin with the daily cleanup, so no stress there.
>>
File: 1377789609168.jpg (141KB, 902x600px) Image search: [Google]
1377789609168.jpg
141KB, 902x600px
>>9011462
>Last call is for alcohol not food
>>
>>work in restaurant
>call someone mongoloid
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>9007984
>acting smug about the fact that all you do on this board is piss and moan about your job
So you're just like the pepefags then.
>>
>>9002733
>next car in line rolls up calmly
kek
>>
>>9003037
nobody spits in/fucks with your food, this is a normie myth. it's not at all worth the risk of a health department complaint and investigation. an employee would be fired on the spot for that shit. the worst that will happen is a cook will throw together your food faster/less carefully and it will come out a little messy, but probably not even that, because no cook wants to have to remake food for some picky asshole.
>>
>Restaurant
>Closing at 8pm

Pathetic.
>>
>>9003037
See people like you are part of why jesus won't come back.
>>
>>9002251
>restaurant closes at 8:00 PM
what the fuck are you even complaining about?
>>
I work a taproom and work alone. I decide when I close but we have official hours I try to generally stick to.

That nonsense used to drive me batshit but now I have this crowd that's all servers and cooks at the restaurants and bars around me. They take care of me pretty well for running an hour later.
>>
>>9006703
Manager here, this should be true, but corporate will still shove their raging cocks up my asshole for getting any Yelp review under 4 stars, even though Yelp actively fucking hides all my 5 star reviews
>>
>>9007250
just "Hey don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. Thanks for taking the time".
>>
>>9007329
>I have literally only worked at one restaurant and I own it, I know how the food service business works

sure buddy
>>
>>9016828
The guy I work for who owns a brewpub in another town told this story on facebook about Yelp basically running a smear on the place after he refused to pay for better coverage on yelp.

How yelp stays in business with that sort of fuckery is beyond me.
>>
>>9010413
I manage a corporate italian restaurant (upscale, not olive garden) and we close at 10pm. On an average night my entire crew is finished, out the door, and I'm locking up by 11:30. And we have strict corporate sanitation standards and frequent unannounced inspections.
>>
>>9016845
Yelp won a big lawsuit a couple years ago for exactly this kind of thing. The judge said they're legally entitled to display or not display anything they want on their own website. Also that they're not required to prove that any reviews are genuine. At this point it's literally a high volume fictional review site and your rating reflects how much you pay in to Yelp.
>>
>>9010636
>24 million people should just abandon a culture they've been born into and lived with their whole lives, pack up everything and go back to their native homelands most of which won't even take them without going through naturalisation

It /was/ their land, just like it was someone elses before the abbos came.
>>
>>9002251
I had a lady come in, WALK BACK INTO THE KITCHEN, and ask me when was the last possible moment she could buy food

because she planned on 'being hungry as late as possible'

I was so thunderstruck I just answered her

she left
>>
>work in restaurant
>closes at 9
>is supposed to be a "family" thing
>don't actually close until 15 minutes after the last guest leaves
>yes this means we will continue serving food until after 10 some nights
>not allowed to kick anyone out
>not allowed to even start refilling napkins or replacing sauce bottles until everyone leaves
>regularly get out after midnight because closing is also a very long process
Stop complaining faggot
>>
>>9016887
No evidence anyone was there before the abbos, faggot. At least get your facts straight. Or are you an american who subscribes to the idea of "alternative facts?"
>>
>>9002618
>Due to aids
>>
File: 1492457387356.png (487KB, 540x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492457387356.png
487KB, 540x476px
>Go to get a gyro after exams
>Go in and see no one on the counter and a couple of people in the kitchen
>Basically try to get their attention for five minutes
>Autist walks up to me
>Says he doesn't serve until eleven
>Stare at phone screen
>10:50
>MFW
Leave the store and get McDick
>>
File: received_648704455314775.jpg (63KB, 1242x1246px) Image search: [Google]
received_648704455314775.jpg
63KB, 1242x1246px
>>9002309
>>
>>9016051
No they're even worse because they work for pennies on the dollar and expect handouts from people who actually went on to do something with themselves
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.