[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought peanut butter for the first time and I see that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: peanut butter.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
peanut butter.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
I just bought peanut butter for the first time and I see that even though it's 90% peanuts it does have palm oil for some reason
is that normal, or did I just buy shitty butter?
>>
>>9000429
Only buy natural peanut better, usually comes in glass jars w/ oil on top.
>>
>>9000429
You're a smart lad, you fucking tell me
>>
You bought shitty butter, which is the norm. If you want to avoid the palm oil and sugar, go for ones that say "all natural" or whatever. They're usually a little more expensive.
>>
>>9000429
90% is pretty bad, though I've even seen 85% recently (laced with sunflower oil)
Generally I go for around 95-97%.

The palm oil is necessary for it to be a smooth spreadable paste, but you don't need as much as in the product you purchased.

Don't listen to >>9000433 and >>9000437

Natural peanut butter is not that good and you have to stir it, it's a gloopy mess. The thing is, you only need to add around 2% saturated fat in order to get a smooth spreadable paste. 2-4% sugar is good for taste, and you also want 0.5 - 0.9% of salt.

So for a really good peanut butter you end up with 95-97% peanuts, anything below 95% is people ripping you off by selling you oil instead of peanuts.
>>
>>9000484
this was actually the highest peanut content I found in the shop. the lowest I found was 65%
might have to look somewhere else when I run out
>>
>>9000429
Natural peanut butter tastes like dirt
>>
>>9000484
>Natural peanut butter is not that good and you have to stir it

Ignore this poster, literally takes 10 seconds to stir with a knife and tastes much better than the brand gloop sold in stores. The oil layer also prevents it from stinking up after a few days from opening it.
>>
>>9000484
>you have to stir it

Millennials are literally so entitled they can't be bothered to stir their peanut butter.
>>
>>9000429

Peanut butter should contain peanuts and salt. That's it. Any basic peanut butter than contains more than two ingredients is shit.
>>
So what are you supposed to do with peanut butter? Besides just eat it with a spoon
>>
>>9001221
Put it on your dick and have a dog lick it off. Works every time.
>>
Honestly, make it yourself. Put peanuts in food processor and you're done. Make as needed.
>>
Just store your natural peanut butter upside down. Then no need to stir.
>>
>>9001238
Or put it in the fridge. The cold will prevent the oil from separating.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.