[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a new Chef knife. Want to have very good quality blade.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: cuisine-chef-35-olivier.jpg (6KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
cuisine-chef-35-olivier.jpg
6KB, 304x304px
Need a new Chef knife. Want to have very good quality blade. Shape as in the picture . Any suggestions?
>>
File: blurry picture.jpg (134KB, 1500x673px) Image search: [Google]
blurry picture.jpg
134KB, 1500x673px
pic related is only $75
>>
>>8999280
Google led me to their site, which told me they're Corsican knife makers. Do you want that very specific type of knife, or chef knives in general?
>>
Not a special one, just a chef knives in general
>>
Budget? Preferences? Work area?
Cheapest serviceable blades can be found from restaurant supply stores. I would start there until you start learning about knives and how to care for them. If you have disposable income and take them to a professional to be sharpened, it's still good to try various cheaper knives first and learn some of your preferences, but that's up to you.
>>
ive been using a knife I got for one Dollar for about a year now. Ive sharpened the fuck out of it a few time because it was kinda dull when I bought it. I dont put the knife through hell and dont cook for a living, so I honestly dont see a point in getting a high grade knife.
>>
Why do you need a knife that looks like its meant for 1v1 knife duel?
What are you going to stab with it?
>>
>>8999384
When you get a real knife and actually care about how you use it it will matter.
>>
File: 15024.jpg (18KB, 830x488px) Image search: [Google]
15024.jpg
18KB, 830x488px
>>
>>8999280
But that's a hunting knife, look at how the blade isn't sharpened all the way to the heel. There's no knuckle clearance for board work. It's obviously for skinning deer or something.
>>
File: IMG_1421.jpg (150KB, 640x1069px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1421.jpg
150KB, 640x1069px
>>8999652
>>
>>8999685
Sorry, I don't speak Haitian

What does it say?
>>
>>8999526

>When you care, it will matter

Deep. Nice job.
>>
Victorinox is an excellent company for a starter chef knife. I own two of them, an 8-inch and a 10-inch, and they've held up for three years without needing to be sharpened.

Granted, they can't cut straight through bone like my zwilling pro, and the plastic handle is heat-sensitive so be careful when working near a stove, but for $50 you're not going to find much better.
>>
>>8999280
http://www.couteaux-ceccaldi.com/eshop/en/home/17-cuisine-chef-35-olivier.html

The exact one you linked is pretty expensive at 180 euros. It doesn't mention what type of steel it uses beyond 'carbon', it has a terrible full bolster which gets in the way while cutting, and its blade is only 7" long, too puny for kitchen work.

If you want to find a good knife get one that mentions what kind of steel it uses, is at least 8" in blade length, and does not have a full bolster.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.