[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never had alcohol before. I've never felt the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: ci_4683.png (88KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
ci_4683.png
88KB, 400x600px
I've never had alcohol before. I've never felt the urge or the pressure or whatever

I kind of want to experience it now though and I was thinking of either getting something sweet or tasteless

Would a bit of vodka be too much for a first time?
>>
Vodka + Orange juice works.

Good vodka will be decent enough to drink straight, but unless you're spending a fair amount, most vodka under $30 for a bottle will be better mixed with something.

I stay away from flavored vodkas and add real fruit juice if I want something fruity and sweet with it. Flavored vodkas are just full of artificial flavors and sugar.
>>
>>8997469
sounds like a plan. 4 oz. orange juice and 4 oz. vodka to start?
>>
>>8997490
I usually do 2-3 parts vodka and 1 part orange juice.

But really it's your drink, if you would rather not taste much alcohol, then 1 to 1 is a decent ratio, you can always add more vodka.
>>
>>8997490
>>8997494
Also, 4oz might be a bit much depending on your tolerance and weight.

A double shot in the US is 2.5-3oz.
>>
>>8997494
Oh really? I was just hazarding a guess there since ive never mixed a drink. I was under the impression that vodka was tasteless anyway

>>8997498
>4oz might be a bit much

well shit, glad I asked first. Not trying to get fucked up right away
>>
>>8997455
Few people really drink vodka for taste
If you're not the sort to drink for the sake of social drunkenness, consider learning to appreciate ales or something instead.
>>
>>8997455
Any kind of fruit juice works with the cheap stuff, I like vodka and cranberry but OJ is good too.
>>
>>8997506
High quality vodka just tastes of alcohol
Alcohol on its own, believe it or not, does not taste good
>>
>>8997520
Not true, high quality vodka is much smoother finish, cheaper vodka bites at the front and has a harsh finish, like gasoline on your breath.
>>
don't do it otherwise you'll end up like the pathetic faggots on al/ck/ohol
>>
>>8997455
vodka to the untrained mouth will taste antiseptic and chemical
you need something a little more spicey or earthy
try rye or maybe even rum (i personally dont like rum because its sweet)
you shouldnt jump into drinking with clear liquor
go with something brown
>>
>>8997514
>, consider learning to appreciate ales or something instead

well I had no plans to try it again actually. The most likely scenario was that i'd try it. Experience whatever it is that makes people drink then give the bottle away to someone who'd actually appreciate it

>>8997519
I have all kinds of flavored shit sitting around so this is good for me

>>8997535
>you shouldnt jump into drinking with clear liquor
>go with something brown

oh. Shit dude I have no idea. Rum is sweet though? I guess that sounds better
>>
First timers seem to really enjoy Fireball. It's a nice transition from the world of candy to the world of alcohol.
>>
>>8997545
yea but vodka is easier to mix if youre going to do that
but thats also why its not a good idea to drink it on your first time
if you drink it straight you might choke on the taste
if you mix it you might go over board and drink too much

with brown you can sip on it straight or take shots
and rum is great to mix with fruit juices (pineapple) and sodas (cola)
i personally drink seagrams 7 which is a rye whiskey
the brand is great for mixing
seagrams makes its own ginger ale, im sure youve seen it in the grocery next to canada dry (canada makes a lot of rye whiskey)
rye and ginger ale is fucking great
but rye in general is great, you can chill and sip on it straight unlike bourbon which you have to slam down because it tastes so sweet in a bad way
>>
File: wódka.jpg (21KB, 585x366px) Image search: [Google]
wódka.jpg
21KB, 585x366px
>>8997455
depends on the amount
a good beer is definitely more conventionally tasty than straight vodka and less likely to fuck you up, though I legitimately love straight vodka shots
it's like ingesting raw power, and if the vodka is decent it can have some nice subtle flavors of its own in addition to not smelling like rubbing alcohol
you could also go for something like eggnogg / advocaat, but try to avoid sweet wine, it's generally disgusting and may give you a horrible hangover
>>
>>8999617
Yup I love drinking vodka straight and trying to get my light weight friends or friends that drink mixed drinks that are like half a shot in a tall glass of juice is painful.
>>
>>8997455
you should go to a real good cocktailplace if you want to experience alcohol in a pleasurable form.
vodka is probably the last thing id recommend, if you can find it/order it maybe hazelnut soplica and mix with milk if you want hard stuff
>>
File: soplica.jpg (476KB, 521x1582px) Image search: [Google]
soplica.jpg
476KB, 521x1582px
>>8999645
>hazelnut soplica
a big hit in Poland, but is it even available anywhere else?
>>
Gin would probably be better. it is even more tasteless than vodka
>>
>>8999754
No.
>>
Honestly just go to your local mexican restaurant and drink maragritas and eat some tacos. Mexican restaurant margs are great if you havent aquired a taste for hard liquor plus its gonna be way cheaper than going to a cocktail bar.
>>
>>8997455
1 shot of vodka per 1/2 can of coke

put the vodka in the freezer if you really don't want to taste it
>>
>>8997455
Not if you mix it or chase it with something. If you are planning on drinking it straight, most mid shelf vodkas are neither sweet nor tasteless.
>>
Try rum. It's sweet, and you can add it to most anything to create a good drink.
>>
Do you mind if I ask you, op, why you feel the compulsion to suddenly start? Especially if you have no outside influence, I just wonder why. Is it the social aspect? Do you feel left out when friends want to go to a bar? I don't have any motive, my curiosity is purely personal. I don't know how old you are but if you have good friends and family that support you they will understand and respect your choice if you don't want to drink.

Full disclosure, I am 35 and have never once felt compelled to start drinking in any capacity, mostly due to other medical complications my whole life and knowing some people who have died in alcohol-related accidents. I can't personally find any benefit to ingesting what is quite literally a poison. I may not have experience in the field but I think what others are suggesting with trying something softer like beer or ale is the right way to go if you want to start somewhere. I don't see the logic of purchasing an entire big bottle of something you may absolutely hate just to give away after one drink. Maybe even start with a high-quality non-alcoholic beer to develop a taste, and move up from there. Just throwing ideas out there.
>>
>>9000685
no real reason except that ive never had it and i'll be 30 next year. I don't want to start drinking, just want to experience what it's like to be buzzed I guess
>>
>>8997455
Get a bottle of Bacardi rasberry and mix with Coke! Its really sweet and good.
>>
>>8997455
Getting drunk is fun for most people.
The reason people drink is because it makes them feel better. Not because the drinks are any good.
Sure some edgy faggot will dome along and say they drink because they looove that triple dry hopped double IPA. They are wrong.
>>
>>8997455
>never had alcohol before
Are you an underage flyover amerifat?
>>
File: Frangelico.jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Frangelico.jpg
16KB, 200x300px
>>8999749
Never had the polish version, but I imagine Frangelico is similar.
>>
>>9001089
... Oh never mind, Soplica is vodka, so if you mixed frangelico and vodka it'd probably taste similar.
>>
>>9001049
29 in SoCal my poor friend
>>
>>8999617
I have the exact same glass and drink vodka shots on those. My wife is annoying me about it so I got some white rum to shoot tonight. I like to chase that with coke.
>>
>>8999754
What? Gin has actual flavor.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.