[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to make oatmeal cups? Like if I made a batch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is there a way to make oatmeal cups? Like if I made a batch of oatmeal and then baked it in muffin tins, would that stay together?

I was thinking Id basically make muffins but instead of flour Id use blended up oats. I feel like it would be a fun way to eat oatmeal since it can get boring at times, and itd be easy to bring on the go to work or while out biking or something.
>>
Have you considered making flapjacks? Not quite the same thing but worth a look anyway. I'm sure you could make a healthier version.
>>
>>8994326
I suppose I could grind up oats and make pancakes out of them, that might work. I think i'd still like to try the 'oatmeal cup' thing.
>>
Try it and enlighten us.
>>
>>8994320
Try google first next time ya dip
I googled: baked breakfast oatmeal cups
Here's the first result
http://www.shelikesfood.com/1/post/2017/03/healthy-baked-oatmeal-breakfast-cups-6-ways.html
>>
>>8994515
You don't even have to grind the oats, just soak them in buttermilk for a few minutes. I've made these, they're gud
http://www.cozycountryliving.com/oatmeal-raisin-pancakes/
>>
>>8994515
I've tried them, pretty good
>>
>>8994320
http://www.wellplated.com/oatmeal-breakfast-bars/
Make this and mould it in a muffin tin.
>>
Yeah you can basically just throw rolled oats with some kind of liquidy substance in a oven safe container and bake it and it'll turn out alright. Something I like to make is: 1/2c rolled oats, 1 egg white, 1/4c almond milk, 1/4c canned pumpkin, few packets Splenda, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste. Put it in a little glass container and pop it in a toaster oven (more convenient for mornings than preheating a real oven) for around 17min at 350°
>>
baked oatmeal yummy yummy
>>
File: 684.jpg (2MB, 2608x2968px) Image search: [Google]
684.jpg
2MB, 2608x2968px
Well /ck/ here's my attempt:

I didn't see the other replies before I made this so I just decided to wing it.

>Oats group up into crumbly-flour
>Hot milk over oats, enough to soak, with a pinch of salt and cinnamon
>Added pistacho nut butter
>Made a semi-sweet honey and lemon meringue (stiff peaks)
>Folded it all together
>Oven 350 for 20min

They came out pretty good actually, better than I thought. The outside is toasty and has a good texture to it, but the inside is soft and chewy like an oatmeal should be. The meringue definitely made it nice and light instead of dense. They aren't too sweet and have a nice nutty flavor without being overpowering and the oatmeal flavor/style comes through well. To bad they deflated so much, but I excepted that.

I don't know if I'd ever make them again this way so I'll probably just use one of the other recipes posted here; but they're good. Someone better at cooking than I could probably perfect a recipe like I had used.

(pictures a little weird, my phone camera is kinda bad. took one with flash on and one with it off)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.