[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I believe fondant is the way of the future >You need these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: CakeBoss2.jpg (74KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
CakeBoss2.jpg
74KB, 800x491px
>I believe fondant is the way of the future
>You need these kind of cakes to succeed

He's said this countless times, but was he right? Is fondant the way of the future and the true power of cake?
>>
Rolled fondant is disgusting. I always scrape it off and throw it away.
>>
>>8991738

why his arms are so short
>>
>>8991738
He was right. Presentation is more important than taste and texture for social events and nobody is spending $100+ on a personal cake.
>>
He came into my store once and went on about cakes and offered some cupcake promotions or some shit. I blew him off because I hated my boss and didn't want him to benefit from anything he had to offer. Instead he hooked up a vegan place a few stores down and got them a shit ton of business.

He was an ok guy. Found out from a coworker his place was only a few blocks away, which explained all the tv vans and crowds I'd see. Never tried anything from there since I'm not a fan of sugary things.
>>
Fondant is disgusting.
>>
File: (disgusted sigh).png (246KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
(disgusted sigh).png
246KB, 500x375px
>>8991808
But fondant tastes like garbage. It's the dessert equivalent of those novelty Bhut Jolokia and Carolina Ghost Reaper hot sauces that come with a tiny spoon. They both are all heat/sweet and no flavor.

Surely they do half the things that they think require fondant with a properly stabilized Italian meringue buttercream. For that kind of money I'd sooner order a basic Texas Sheet Cake with a shiny ganache finish using Valhrona chocolate or some single-estate/fair trade/organic box-checked bars.
>>
>>8991818
You are fucking pathetic
>>
>>8991818
trully frightening is the vengeance of the wagie
>>
>>8991738
I really hope the entremet thing starts to become more prominent. I look at cakes like the ones he makes and while they're whimsical fondant fucking sucks so any cake made with it is suited only to children and plebs who don't give a shit about taste and value appearance over substance.
>>
>>8991738
He only uses that to make his cheesy presentations, it's not really good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.