[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are bugs really the future of cooking? pic related I had these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0445.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
are bugs really the future of cooking?

pic related I had these at the mariners game.

They had zero flavor and bad texture.

Felt like eating empty peanut shells covered in chili lime spice.

Not very good, only had a few before tossing them away.
>>
No. Bugs are a stupid meme pushed by vegetarians and eco-activists because B-B-BUT COWS USE SO MUCH WATER!!!!!!!
>>
Eating bugs is probably less painful than watching the Mariners play.
>>
>>8991219
only when the world suppoedly runs out of meat. but that agenda has been plugged by the veggo bragade for over 20 years.

but the reality is: as long as there is sustainable farming around the world you neednt worry. there will be meat to go around cos at the end of the day the world keeps turning reguardless of whose in charge...
>>
>>8991219
Of course not, for more reasons than just people thinking they're gross. Food is as much a part of fashion as clothing, hence the huge variety of ethnic and experimental restaurants that you can find in developed countries. The thing about fashion in developed countries is that it's never functional. It may have its origins in something functional (jeans, eating bugs) but it eventually simply becomes a statement (skinny jeans despite discomfort and lack of flexibility, eating bugs despite them being flavorless and having bad texture).

Summary: No, because it's a fad.
>>
Globalist Jews are pushing insect consumption because they think watching the goyim eat bugs to signal how progressive they are is funny
>>
Carapaced insects have the same texture as eating deep fried fingernails, grubs is where all the flavor is at. Gotta eat em young. Hakuna matata nigs
>>
>>8991219
>are bugs really the future of cooking?
Probably not, in the sense I doubt you will ever go to the market and buy a pound of crickets the way you currently buy a pound of beef or fish. They might become a large percentage of the foodstuffs that are consumed in the western world, in the sense that ground insect protein might become an additive to different packaged prepared foods. But that is likely years off, and we might find a better answer long before that would be necessary.
>>
Went down to mexico city last summer, had some chapulines, they were pretty good, I bought like 2 pounds worth and ate them throughout my trip.
Ant eggs are also pretty tasty.
>>
>>8991219
You sound like an american with HFCS-nuked tastebuds.

Insect protein is more efficient than mammal protein. It's the future for all you flatlanders.
>>
>>8991359
fun fact - bugs are not kosher, except for two species of desert locust.
>>
>>8991219
That's because the locusts were cooked in the wrong way, I'm sure.

>>8991239
>>8991279
>>8991326
These guys are probably right, though.
>>
Meat could be four times as expensive and I would still buy it. Let the third worlders eat insects to free up more delicious animals for the first world.
>>
>>8991696
>future for all you flatlanders

I think we'll get to the point soon in the US where virtually all meat is shipped to the coasts where the money is and flyovers will be eating insects for their protein. Even now, they only get the very lowest grades of meat in flyoverville. Natural progression, desu.
>>
>>8992215
America is already a cultural backwater. Sooner or later, it's just going to be the area surrounding major seaports and spaceports that has culture and cuisine, while the rest wallows in third-world filth, scraping by on selling shitty fast food to cross-country truckers and tourists, and giving each other manicures.
>>
What if you grind insects into paste, dry it, and sell it in that form as "animal protein" for poor people who can't afford meat anymore ?
>>
>>8992224
what do you think 'protein powder' is?
>>
>>8991701
Protip: the rich white leftist """"jews"""" he's talking about aren't actually religious.
>>
>>8991219
No, it's a gimmick. The future of animal protein will most likely lie with cultured animal products, once the majority of people get over the "but it's grown in a lab! that's unnatural!" fear of it. I bet a celebrity will start eating it and talking about how factory farming is also unnatural and horrible for animals, and it'll start to take off from there.
>>
>>8992253
Also, it seems riskier to do this too. Animals are inspected before and after slaughtering for any signs of disease, parasites, etc. but you can't do that so easily with a higher number of bugs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.