[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried making matzah before? I tried once, and it basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: matzah-desserts.jpg (47KB, 768x591px) Image search: [Google]
matzah-desserts.jpg
47KB, 768x591px
Has anyone tried making matzah before? I tried once, and it basically came out like a sheet of flat, soft pretzels, instead of the cracker-like product you normally get in the store. Did I do something wrong, or is that was freshly baked matzah is supposed to be like?
>>
I made them once. They're not like the shitty Manischewitz kind, but if you've ever been to one of those stores for the crazy hard core jews that think food imported from stolen land is more "holy", the homemade kind is not unlike the fancy kind you can sometimes get at some of those stores.

You might find that there's a similar thing with kosher wine. Manischewitz is just associated with kosher wine because people who are obsessed with stupid dietary laws tend not to give a shit about how good the food tastes. But there is actual kosher wine that doesn't taste like smuckers grape jelly mixed with sugar and rubbing alcohol. It's also pointlessly expensive and grown on stolen land and nowhere near the QPR of wine from people who aren't just following voodoo rituals. But since you asked, I pointed it out. Pls no ban.
>>
>>8989580
That's nice, but it doesn't really answer my question.
>>
>>8989556
I once ate matzah when i was a kid. I can't really remember what it was like tho
>>
>>8989556

why would i do that
>>
>>8991839
Passover.

It actually turned out really good, I'm just wondering if I was supposed to do something to make it crunchy like the stuff you buy in stores, or if fresh matzah is always soft and chewy like that.
>>
>>8989556
>>8991843
Israjew here. Stire Matza and its dry crnchiness that makes you shit rocks is a meme. The Samaritans and bush jews do home made only and it's a thin bread like yours turned out.

Fun fact, when innaidf you get to spend a week a year on a diet of store matza and cheese for breakfast, matza and dry wiener for dinner, and matza and cheese for supper. You literally ahit bricks IF you shit.
>>
>>8991876
Thank you.
>>
>>8990819
>I have no reading comprehension skills so it "doesn't answer my question"
This is why millennials can't get jobs
>>
Hard matzos (>>8991876's soft matzos aside) need some pretty dry dough, rolled thin and perforated all over. Skimp on any of that and you'll get something softer.
Vid related should provide some reference as to just how dry the dough ought to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WATaaigJ5vw
>>
File: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (26KB, 307x156px) Image search: [Google]
Bronies, this is your mindset.png
26KB, 307x156px
>>8991809
Die you fucking Barneyfag
https://derpibooru.org/902472
>>
The keyword with matzah isn't 'dry', it's 'unleavened'. What you made would be closer to the historical matzah made by grabbing the dough and running. Pretty neat, honestly.
>>
>love whole wheat matzah
>not even jewish
>>
>>8991905
Where, in your post, did you explain whether matzah should be hard and crunchy or soft and chewy?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.