[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my potato salad tastes so fucking good I thought I'd share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: dutch-yellow-potatoes-15lb-vexar.jpg (302KB, 1500x1122px) Image search: [Google]
dutch-yellow-potatoes-15lb-vexar.jpg
302KB, 1500x1122px
my potato salad tastes so fucking good I thought I'd share the recipe. Anyone who's got some good recipes share 'em here.

Get a bag of those dutch gold potatoes, there's like ~15 small potatoes in the bag

get a decent sized mixing bowl and dump 1/3 cup olive oil and 1/3 cup white vinegar in it. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and some fresh parsley and throw it in.

Boil the potatoes, once the water gets boiling set a timer for 15 minutes.

While the potatoes are boiling chop up half an onion, half a dozen radishes, 2 hardboiled eggs, some sweet peppers and slice a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes in half.

drain and chop the potatoes
throw them in the bowl, then mix in the vegetables, now just stir and mash the shit out of it (less or more depending on how you like the consistency) put it in the fridge till it's cold and enjoy some god-like potato salad.
>>
File: 8955e0b66c0533e49c3af1eec5f67f84.jpg (426KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8955e0b66c0533e49c3af1eec5f67f84.jpg
426KB, 1024x768px
Do you have a pic of the completed tater salad or was it so good you ate it all
>>
>>8989014

I can take a picture I have a little left. If you like potato salad but want something a bit lighter, this is for you. I won't eat any more potato salad made with mayo, this just tastes clean.
>>
File: 0529171231.jpg (927KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0529171231.jpg
927KB, 2048x1350px
>>
File: 0529171231a.jpg (836KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0529171231a.jpg
836KB, 2048x1350px
>>
>>8989022
>a little bit lighter
>1/3rd of a cup of oil
>>
the purple color is also potatoes I made this batch with a mixture of potatoes
>>
>>8989056

lighter than a bunch of mayonnaise, also it's a decent amount of potatoes going into it so it's not like you're ingesting 1/3 a cup with each serving.
>>
>>8988930
sorry op, but that does not sound/ look great at all
>>
>no mustard
Its shit
>>
>>8989065
But olive oil is not lighter than mayonnaise.
>>
>>8989135
if you don't think it sounds good you probably wouldn't like it. It looks better the day it's made, this is a day old but what's it supposed to look like? it's just a bunch of veggies mashed together.

as for the oil, just add less oil and more vinegar if you don't mind the taste.

I didn't even think of adding mustard. If you think you might like it add your own stuff, maybe just a dash of oil and some mustard instead.
>>
>>8988930
Sounds delicious. Have you tried putting the potatoes under the broiler rather than boiling them? They come out much more flavorful that way in my experience
>>
>>8989801

no I haven't, will try this next time

anyone else got a potato salad recipe for me to try?
>>
>>8989896
I thought your recipe was fine except for the tomatoes. I'd do those as a separate dish.

I don't have measurements since I just king of wing it, but this is what I do.

Cube and boil yukon gold potatoes until soft but not falling apart. Dress with a blend of boiled egg yolks, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and EVOO. Cool to room temperature. Chop egg whites from previously used yolks, red onions, celery, dill, a bit of dill pickle, sometimes radish if I have my garden ones on hand, and mix with potatoes. Adjust seasonings. Chill. Sometimes I add some ground hot pepper flakes if no children will be eating it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.