[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for recommendations on how to vary my veggies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: image.gif (46KB, 661x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
46KB, 661x611px
I'm looking for recommendations on how to vary my veggies. I eat a lot of them but would like suggestions on other vegetables to buy or other ways to cook what I already get. Wouldn't mind ideas on how to incorporate more fruit into my cooking.

Typically I'll do the following:

Broccoli
>steamed

Onion, garlic, mushroom
>in everything, but never a focus

Collard greens & kale
>raw or sautéedwith pasta or rice

Bell peppers
>usually sliced and sautéed

Brussels sprouts
>charred

I will also sometimes buy carrots, corn, zucchini, green beans, or snap peas. I feel like I could be doing so much more.
>>
File: karl-die-hard-asian-dawn-2.jpg (146KB, 1074x920px) Image search: [Google]
karl-die-hard-asian-dawn-2.jpg
146KB, 1074x920px
>steamed
stop
don't do this. the only time this doesn't destroy your vegetables is with carrots, because carrots are the supermen of the vegetable world
>onion garlic mushroom
k these basically aren't veggies

>collard greens/kale
>raw
why? raw isn't tasty the majority of the time. creamed kale maaaan

>peppers
peppers are fucking hackers and I know of more ways to cook/utilize peppers than the number of vegetables I know. just going to put a divider between pepper discussion and vegetable discussion

>brussel sprouts
>charred

that's your answer right there for the vast majority of getting tasty vegetables. you color them in a pan, ie. toasted to brown to charred depending on what you've got and what you need in flavor, cook them the rest of the way in an oven to tender as you need to.

so don't reserve this for just brussel sprouts. just start using other veggies- parsnips, green beans, asparagus, peas, spinach, whatever
>>
>>8988432
Thanks for the reply.

>raw isn't tasty
Oh but boy howdy do I love my greens raw. Not sure why, but I just prefer it. I will definitely look into creamed kale; that sounds fantastic.
>>
>>8988500
you could try something like this.

maybe mix it up with fried goat cheese medallions so it becomes like a psuedo "au gratin". would make for a good lunch I think- I like the lighter non-meat lunches sometimes
>>
>>8988517
That looks delicious. Thanks. I'll definitely pick up ingredients when I go shopping.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Cucumber, listen to this song, https://youtu.be/SdL0CsZLieo, it will inspire you to eat more of it.
>>
>>8988537
Woops remove the comma at the end of the link
>>
>>8988537
shutup
cucumbers are only good for being pickled
>>
File: acornsquash.jpg (63KB, 673x445px) Image search: [Google]
acornsquash.jpg
63KB, 673x445px
BEEP BEEP

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY FOR THE KING. OF. VEGETABLES.
>>
>>8988549
How dare you disrespecting the cucumber. The cucumber is worth more than your entire family plus it's a great hydrator.
>>
>>8988571
Excuse me Cucumber, but the grownup vegetables are having a grownup conversation about being COOKED. Please go sit back down at the little kids table until pickle time is called.

t. Broccoli
>>
>>8988600
nigga cucumba is good as a seared/ stirfried ingredient too
>>
Try cutting up a head of cauliflower into florets and roasting with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary at 410 degrees F (210C) until fork tender
>>
File: 1488658279062.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488658279062.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>try to eat more fruit and veggies
>they go bad before I'm able to consume them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.