[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all the best chefs in the world men? Is the cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3790.jpg (27KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3790.jpg
27KB, 451x451px
Why are all the best chefs in the world men? Is the cooking scene sexist?
>>
File: IMG_2486.jpg (158KB, 1050x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2486.jpg
158KB, 1050x549px
I see your ugly dog pick and counter with...
>>
If they're the best, why would the scene be sexist? I don't expect a feasible answer, I know it's just dry shitposting, but I can hope that this question will improve your technique.
>>
File: IMG_4632.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4632.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>AHEM
>>
File: IMG_20170505_091042.jpg (76KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_091042.jpg
76KB, 500x433px
>>8987940
No. It's just that women cook, but they are not cooks.
>>
>>8987940
men are just better at things
>>
>>8987940
Because chef is a hard, thankless job that involves stress, effort, and long hours. It demands stamina, patience and a long-term commitment to self-improvement.

It's much easier to just fuck around and get knocked up, that way you just have to get laid a couple of times by the right kind of guy and you're set for life.

Women have a hundred easier options than being a chef, so they rarely last long in the role.
>>
>>8987945
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
MASTERY is a MANS profession

also women seem suspiciously naive when it comes to flavor balance, aroma, texture, and the experience of food.

it isn't surprising. it all is not that different from how men are also better authors, leaders, scientists, mathematicians, architects, engineers, artists, and so on and so on
>>
If you ask me the mood seems pretty sexist in here
>>
But on average women are still way better cooks than men
>>
>>8987940
Yes, it is.
/thread
>>
Idk. Men tend to be perfectionists while women tend not to be. I suppose cheffery is no different, pardon the made up word.
>>
Valerie Bertinelli is probably the greatest female chef
>>
>>8987940
because "chef" is a very very unattractive job on paper, it is also very physically demanding (the heat,long hours,repetetive motions...), which women are naturally less fit for.
>>8988868
>>8988893
yes and yes, but even more than on 4chan, kitchen staff is usually lacking even basic education, which always indicates a kind of sexist environment, and like in any other job that involves physical labour the sexist beliefs are based on and strengthened because most women are actually not able to keep up with the job physically (add the occasional pregnancy to that, in a job where pride is derived from being tougher and more hardcore than others) and you understand why dropouts have a particularily bad rep. Also no sane woman with a child can still work normal shifts in a restaurant
>>
File: 1484517604238.jpg (93KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
1484517604238.jpg
93KB, 563x563px
>>8987940
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.