[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it an insult to the cook if you ask for salt, pepper, or condiments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: big-salt.jpg (50KB, 619x413px) Image search: [Google]
big-salt.jpg
50KB, 619x413px
Is it an insult to the cook if you ask for salt, pepper, or condiments at a fine restaurant?
>>
Depends on the restaurant. Like I wouldn't do that at Applebee's
>>
Generally, yes. Otherwise the table would have spices out and the chef would have paired condiments with your course.
>>
If you are unable to appreciate the food as is at a fine dining establishment why are you going?

Don't fucking ruin your palette by over seasoning at home or adding hot sauce to everything.
>>
>>8987196
>Don't fucking ruin your palette by over seasoning at home
Not OP but every good chef is salt insensitive, home or not.
>>
>>8987196
you need to train with hot sauce though
>>
>>8987147
If I was rich i'd go to these places with salt and pepper packets in my pocket and put it on the food just to piss off the chefs
>>
>>8987147
I dont do that but if someone wants a bit more of this or that whats the problem
You are all autists
>>
>>8987196
>palette
Retard.
>>
Restaurants that dictate how paying customers eat food are pretentious and should be avoided at all costs. Unless you are a yuppie, and would rather give shitty people money to have them tell you how to eat food, just so you can cultivate a certain image of yourself
>>
>>8987152
>>8987170
>>8987196

ever read the line in recipes "salt/pepper to taste"
seasoning is subjective, each person determines how they like it

and what >>8988182 said
>>
>>8987147
Only if you ask for them before trying the dishes as-served.
>>
>>8989501
this
I don't care where you are, a friends, a greasy spoon, fine dining, whatever it's just flat out rude to salt shit before tasting it
>>
>>8987147

no
>>
>>8987147
If you are at a fine resturant and paying $80+ a plate and the food doesnt taste good you should think about sending it back because they probably made a mistake. Either that or the place sucks and wont be open much longer. At fine restaurants something is wrong if the food is under seasoned.
>>
>>8988182
At a fine restaurant they will almost certainly make any substitution or request if possible. Sometimes the food takes hours or even days to prepare so they wont be able to do anything different for you. At super high end restaurants they even give you a form to fill out so you can tell them what your tastes are.
>>
>>8987147

I always ask for ketchup.
>>
>>8987147
no, and if they care they can fuck themselves
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.