[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate on corn syrup when it's both literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: CornSyrup.jpg (1MB, 2120x1414px) Image search: [Google]
CornSyrup.jpg
1MB, 2120x1414px
Why do people hate on corn syrup when it's both literally and unironically the same as refined sugar
>>
Americans aren't very smart.
>>
>>8982107
because they confuse it with high fructose corn syrup
>>
Because it tastes like corn and isn't very good for most applications. It's literally trash tier and companies only use it because it's cheap and easy to manufacture with.
>>
>>8982114

Your body knows better than you do.

It can't tell the difference between sugar and sugar
>>
People be stupid.
>>
>>8982107
> corn syrup
> literally and unironically the same as refined sugar
It's not, though. Corn syrup is primarily fructose with some glucose, "refined sugar" (by which you mean cane or beet sugar) is sucrose.

Fructose is a monosaccharide. Glucose is a monosaccharide.

Sucrose is a disaccharide, composed of one fructose molecule and one glucose molecule joined together into a single molecule.

They are functionally pretty much identical as far as how your body treats them, especially since the disaccharide bond just gets nuked by your enzymes to turn sucrose into separated molecules of fructose and glucose, but they're not the same.
>>
>>8982288
If anything that makes it worse. HFCS was 55/45 if I remember correctly so "almost" the same as sucrose metabolically.
>>
File: beet-syrup_1024x1024.jpg (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beet-syrup_1024x1024.jpg
67KB, 1000x1000px
>>8982107
Because they know the delicious taste of sugar beet syrup.
>>
>>8982288
>>8982303
HFCS is easier to break up than sucrose, which means you retain more calories than from sugar. And then your pancreas overreacts and produces more insulin than is necessary. Rarely to the point of causing complications, but some people guzzle way too much soda.
Like that one Brit dude who lost all his teeth by 28 from drinking 8 liters of Coke. A day.
That wasn't a sugar problem, that was many, many, many other thing in addition to the HFCS in the Coke.
>>
>>8982331
Yeah at that level the acidity plays a huge role too. However you could make the argument that higher fructose - glucose ratio means overall lower glycemic index and thus less of an insulin spike. Not that I'm making this point it's plain stupid though technically true.
>>
>>8982331
Brits don't have disgusting HFCS coke though.
>>
>>8982331
Britain does not use HFCS, though.
Living on nothing but coke just leads to scurvy though, I imagine.
>>
>>8982331
>I read it on the trueveganrawliving blog so it must be true!
>>
>>8982363
Not him but the fuck does that have to do with anything? You anti-vegan people are just as loud and obnoxious as vegans. Also he is correct, sugar alone is bad for your teeth but not 28-year-old-losing-all-teeth bad.
>>
File: _91097645_jameslind.jpg (68KB, 660x466px) Image search: [Google]
_91097645_jameslind.jpg
68KB, 660x466px
>>8982371
Should have tried living on Corona to get enough limes.
>>
>>8982223
>because it's cheap

Yep. Corporate welfare subsidies for the production of corn sugar exceed SNAP but, surprise, surprise, our bought and owned congress never mentions that. In fact, big agri welfare subsidies are increasing, lol.
>>
>>8982306
Hau ab du widerlicher Lump!
>>
>>8982539
Verachter des guten Geschmacks und kein Komma?
Wir werden heute keine Freunde mehr.
>>
Are you a shill for the corn syrup lobby? Because this sounds exactly like a commercial they were running a few years back.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.