[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so much sugar in this shit? I wanted some of that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Why is there so much sugar in this shit?
I wanted some of that bitter-tartness of cranberry juice and thought pomegranate sounded fine, too. But when I got home and started drinking it, I realized it has so much sugar that the fruit flavors are ruined underneath. It tastes like a fucking pack of those SweetTart candies. Like, if I blended this shit into a smoothie, I wouldn't even have to add sugar for it to be as sweet as a fast food smoothie.
If people want sugar in their juice, can't they add it themselves? Why does something as simple as juice have to have sugar added before reaching the customer, as though it's assumed I want it?
>>
try the diet version. It has less than 1 gram of sugar per serving.
>>
>>8977570
>diet juice
Jesus Christ, has the world come to this? I just want the amount of sugars that the fruits naturally have, not something where even that's been stripped out and replaced with splenda or some shit.
>>
>>8977576
Get any glass and fill it 1/4 of the way with the juice put a little bit of lemon or lime juice in it and fill it up with water. I had the same problem and this mixture gives me a really tart not too sweet but just sweet enough where I can taste it flavor. bretty gud
>>
>>8977576
I agree it's annoying and frustrating.
>>
>>8977570
why do "diet" juices leave my mouth feeling strange and dry?
>>
>>8977593
Probably the artificial sweeteners. I'd rather have real sugar naturally from the fruit like what >>8977576 is saying. Nothing added. Nothing taken away. The only way to get that now is to make your own juice though.
>>
>>8977593
Aspartame tastes bitter as hell to me. Apparently this is a genetic thing that affects people somewhat uncommonly. Might be similar.
>>8977590
Thanks, man. I might give this a try, or mix it with some alcohol. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I don't really want it as is. Next time, I'll pay a bit more attention to what I get.
>>
Because that's how the average consumer drinks their cranberry juice. Cranberry is bitter and has a medicinal taste for some so they add sugar to it. Did you not look at the nutritional information before you bought the damn thing?

I fucking love the cran-cherry one but it's too expensive to buy often and ocean spray is the only one that makes that blend.
>>
File: 51-+glN6OIL.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51-+glN6OIL.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>8977559
I got out the cranberry sugar water game and went my own way.
>>
Well dumb shit you bought the flavored "juice* this only has %15 juice its mostly water and sugar buy the 100% juice which is above it for a $1 more or do what i do and but $10 pomegranate juice and %100 cranberry juice and mix them together and get some fucking fiber to balance out the sugar
>>
>>8977559
DID YOU READ THE BOTTLE, FAGGOT?
>Cranberry Pomegranate Flavored Juice Drink
NEXT TIME, BUY 100% JUICE, DUMMY.
>>
>>8977559
Americans won't buy non-sweet or even less-sweet products. Also, I don't think Ocean Spray makes a 100% cranberry juice. All their 100% juice with cranberry juice has grape, apple, pear, etc. to boost the sweetness.
>>
>>8978145
Ocean Spray does make 100% cranberry juice, I buy it sometimes (I drink a lot of cranberry juice since I only have one kidney). I just threw out an empty bottle of it last night, or I'd take a pic. I also buy other 100% cranberry juices. You'd better like tart flavor, though.
>>
File: 100% Juice blend of four juices.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
100% Juice blend of four juices.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>8978176
I never seen it. This is the closest one listed on their website: 100% Juice, Cranberry. That's a blend of four juices every time I've seen it in the store.
Wegmans carries R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry which is 100% cranberry juice from concentrate and Lakewood Organic fresh pressed pure cranberry juice (not from concentrate). The Ocean Spray 100% Juice, Cranberry is always some kind of blend as shown in pic related. They grow a lot of cranberries here, too, so it doesn't appear to be a regional thing either.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.