[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok so i've nearly mastered poultry stock. it always comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Solid_Flavor_Injector.jpg (86KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Solid_Flavor_Injector.jpg
86KB, 450x450px
ok
so i've nearly mastered poultry stock. it always comes out a clear golden colour with great flavor and texture

my beef stock, on the other hand, always gels nicely, but it's also always cloudy and brownish grey and doesn't taste right

roughly here's what i do:
>cover bones in cold water bring to boil for ~20min
>rinse
>roast in hot oven until maillardy
>add aromatics and roast a bit more
>dump into pressure pot
>add water to cover
>pressure cook for 1 hr
>cool
>strain
>cool some more
>remove fat
>strain more etc.
>>
shameless self bamping because i know our smart usa overlords browse 4chin right now
>>
>>8975355
I got a solid flavour injector for you right here
>>
>>8975355
>pressure cook for 1 hr
>pressure cooker
>clear stock

LOL!
>>
>>8975355
I don't use a pressure cooker because I've had some bad experiences with the cloudiness and I think the taste is better on a normal pot or, better yet, steam jacketed kettle.
I got better results by cooking it until it comes up to about 10 PSI, cooling it, skimming, then bringing up to 15 and cooking for one day as opposed to several that I normally do, but I still prefer a normal pot, and a few days as opposed to one day isn't a big deal for me.
>>
I was watching a show not long ago about ramen noodles and when they were going over the recipe for stock, they had a bunch of egg shells in it to keep it clear.
you might want to give that a shot.
>>
>>8975603
retard, i said i get clear poulrty stock regularly
>>
>>8975603
A few egg whites will sort it out for you. What - never clarified a cloudy stock before? You housewife. And I mean that in the most offensive way possible.
>>
>>8975744
i don't want to clarify it, i just want clean natural stock like when i do poultry
what is the difference?
>>
File: beforeraft.jpg (364KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
beforeraft.jpg
364KB, 4160x2340px
>>8975744
Prepare for dump.
>>
File: blublbub.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blublbub.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>8975744
It begins!
>>
File: raftformed.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
raftformed.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>8975855
There is consomme!
>>
>>8975882
Is that a fucking googly eye?
>>
File: soup.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
soup.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>8975882
Is it soup yet?
>>
File: sickfood.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sickfood.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Served with a potato cake.

wa la
>>
>>8975906
oh fuck i've seen this webbum enough
go away
>>
File: stock.webm (985KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stock.webm
985KB, 640x360px
>>8975923
>how dare you post food/cooking technique on a food and cooking board.

There are plenty of ja/ck/ and mcdonalds threads that you might feel right at home with, champ.

Stock used to make the soup at room temp.
>>
>>8975970
get out of my thread canned bean faggot
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8975355
Have you tried cooking it in a normal pot instead of a pressure cooker?
>>
>>8975355

My favorite way to make stocks and broths involves dumping the bones into a pot, covering completely with water, cover, and turn the heat on to the low setting before I go to bed at night. It never gets hot enough to do anything but a nice simmer, and in the morning, it's done, unless I want to top it up with more water and let it simmer for another hour.

Then it gets cooled, tossed in the fridge, and the fat is removed when it congeals leaving me with a nice pure stock / broth for use in whatever I want.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.