[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for brits: Did your country fall for the chewy cookie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: really-thin-crisp-cookies-2.jpg (65KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
really-thin-crisp-cookies-2.jpg
65KB, 450x338px
Question for brits:
Did your country fall for the chewy cookie meme?
In america in the 80s a marketing firm started convincing consumers that soft cookies were superior.
Now thats all you can find.
Its not supposed to be like this.
I miss crisp cookies :(
>>
When homemade, warm chewy cookies are GOAT. Chewy prepackaged cookies are always shit though for whatever reason.
>>
>>8974258
pretty much all commercial cookies, like the ones in packs, are crisp and crunchy in the UK. as for handmade ones, us brits arent very good at them.
>>
>>8974258
subway cookies are chewy
>>
>>8974267
>brit saying cookie instead of biscuit
>>
>>8974282
we say cookie to refer to biscuits like OP's picture, generally the type with raisins or chocolate chips. Biscuits in general are also crispy and crunchy, but cookies specifically were the ones in question.

I just remembered too, Greggs' cookies are softer than most. I quite like them.

besides, whats wrong with a small diplomatic concession?
>>
>>8974258
you mean a biscuit, i prefer soft over crisp ones (i'm not american)
>>
>>8974258
A cookie is a specific thing in England.
It means a biscuit (although it's much more like a cake) 3" or so in diameter that is soft a chewy. Usually only avialable from a bakery and either choc chip, white choc chip, double or triple chocolate. Never plain.
From what I can tell they aren't very popular.

They are also shilling the fuck out of Oreos here for some reason. No idea why anyone would buy that rubbish over a proper bourbon but they seem to release a new flavour every week.
>>
>>8974445
>Usually only avialable from a bakery and either choc chip, white choc chip, double or triple chocolate

Fucking eurobongs not having quadruple chocolate like the Americans.

I pitty you fools.
>>
I think most brits would still go for the chewy cookie given the choice
But we have very few commercial chewy cookies to begin with, so most we encounter are fresh
>>
>>8974460
What is this magical fourth chocolate that you speak of?
Is the ability to create things like a fourth chocolate type the reason your country has an obesity epidemic?
>>
>>8974258
Both are available but the hard ones are getting harder and harder to find.

Though it occurs to me that when you say cookie you probably don't just mean like in your OP image. These are the only things we call cookies and soft ones are beginning to dominate.

As for what we call "biscuits", tons of hard ones are available. Tea and biscuits is a big deal so having a good dipping biscuit that holds its form after a dip is important. We'll probably never go your way in that regard OP.
>>
>>8974473
>soft ones are beginning to dominate.
Dont let this happen to your people
>>
>>8974282
Cookies are a kind of biscuit, every Brit knows the difference and OPs pic counts.
>>
File: IMG_0233.jpg (23KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.jpg
23KB, 170x170px
>>8974258
Bitch I got flow
But I ain't got time
For the cookies to cook
So I eat the dough

Anyway, OP, what would this alleged marketing firm stand to gain from promoting soft cookies?
>>
>>8974258

Chewy cookies are superior and I hope you get set on fire and tossed in the gutter you piece of shit.
>>
>>8974258
How can you not find a crisp cookie? They are fucking everywhere, learn to shop
>>
Considering Brits understand "cookie" as being an American style "biscuit" it stands to reason it would be more likely to be soft to differentiate from already crisp tea biscuits.

Its not a problem over there because they would genocide every last foreigner before giving up their crisp McVitties.
>>
>>8974258
I live in the midwest and my grocery store's bakery makes two varieties of chewy and crispy cookies

They are pretty good, but they are like cake. If you eat too much, then you will get sick
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.