[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite pasta shape? I am partial to thin linguine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1483293484645.jpg (172KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1483293484645.jpg
172KB, 736x1030px
What's your favorite pasta shape?
I am partial to thin linguine, but I guess it depends on the dish.
>>
>>8971263
Bucatini
>>
Linguine, Risoni and Accini di Pepe are the three best without filling. Contiglioni is the best one with. This is the undisputed truth.
>>
Long noodles aren't good, they're just easy to make. If you choose any kind of long noodle, you are wrong. If you choose spaghetti, you have a moral obligation to end your own life.
>>
>>8971263

tagliatelle
>>
>>8971263
Riggetoni master race. All other pasta is for plebs
>>
File: 11.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Pieroleponne
Lapapieronne
Popalarione
Pazzini
Zainichi
Tsukini
Vaginini
>>
>>8971263
Farfalle
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-20-03h43m58s127.png (399KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-20-03h43m58s127.png
399KB, 720x480px
>>8971263
Are we making soup, rape, or a fatty dish? My overall vote is for strozzapretti. Of suspected but never confirmed origin, but good for everything.
>>
>>8971263
Farfalle, fiori, rotelle, rotini, basically anything short and with some actual structure. Just don't see anything in the 100+ variations of long smooth pasta.
>>
most of the pasta on this image isn't even italian. maybe 2% of it is. Also it's a bogus fucking list because there is no tri color rotini or vegetable infused spaghetti.
>>
File: 564235.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
564235.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
radiatore
>>
R O T I N I
>>
I really like the super thin spaghetti that comes in small bundles, Capelli d'angelo.
>>
>>8971628
>>8971677

Farfalle is objectively the worst pasta.

Why? Because it is so inconsistent in thickness that you will never get it 100% properly cooked.
>>
>>8971263
that drawing style bugs the shit out of me
>>
>>8971263
string pasta is SHIT, FUCK IT
Best are short tubes, they ook evenly and hold stuff in them. Rigatoni is good.
>>
>>8972123
This guy gets it
>>
>>8972123
doesnt it some time split to shit too
>>
linguini 24
>>
>>8972126
Is it the screaming dog and man just after 60?
>>
>>8971337
But I like to slurp linguine when I'm by myself.
>>
>>8971263
Mezze penne rigate ftw
>>
>>8972098
very high pasta to sauce ratio
great with very flavorful sauces
the fins keep in a lot of sauce
>>
>>8971337
Do you have a beard? I never liked long noodles because of the potential for making a mess while eating, but now with facial hair, it's nearly impossible. Somehow made it through a bowl of linguine in front of family a few days after Christmas.
>>
It's retarded how people try and "enjoy" durum pasta instead of moving on and eating Kraft soft wheat macaroni.
>>
Oh look.. this thread again.
>>
>>8972123
It's good in what it was made for; soup, were it has a lesser tendency to go completely soggy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF6r8xdhk90

Rotini, Farfalle, and Small/Medium Shells
>>
Penne masterrace
>>
Why does farfalle come in 12 oz boxes when all the other kinds of pasta come in 16 oz boxes
>>
>>8972123
Farfalle has a very narrow range of application.
It is expecially good with cream-based sauces. Try out a very basic cream and salmon pasta with farfalle and I guarentee you'll change your mind.
The inconsistent thickness is supposed to give you well cooked at the edges, al dente at the center.
I guarantee you'll change your mind.

I am Italian so I have specific favourites for specific sauces.
If I absolutely have to pick just one, it's spaghetti (actually spaghetti grossi, an inbetween of spaghetti and spaghettoni). The everyday versatility is what made spaghetti the "standard" Pasta, and I like them thicker than usual.
However, they are rarely the optimal shape, so being the wop I am I don't actually make spaghetti that often.

My current stock is 9 different shapes for a total of about 10Kg of pasta.
Durum pasta:
-Long: spaghetti, linguine, bucatini
-Short: penne rigate, rigatoni, farfalle, anelletti
Egg pasta: Lasagne and pappardelle (it'd be better to make or buy both fresh, but I keep them just in case).
>>
File: Pasta for simpletons.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pasta for simpletons.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>Blocks your path
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.