[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else like this stuff? I haven't tried the store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: pimentocheese.jpg (22KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
pimentocheese.jpg
22KB, 450x450px
Does anyone else like this stuff? I haven't tried the store bought kind but there is a place around here that makes it homemade and I tried it for the first time about a week ago and love it. I bought a container of this and a loaf of bread and have been eating a lot of sandwiches. I bet it would go great in deviled eggs.
>>
File: 800px-Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg (152KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg
152KB, 800x1184px
>>8970857
Confirmed for southfag. I make my own but pimentos are too bland so I use thai, serrano or jalapeno peppers, sharp cheddar, mayonaisse, cream cheese, a dash of worcestershire sauce, grated garlic and grated onion. Nice lunch sitting in the scuppernog arbor with a bourbon and iced water.
>>
>>8970857
Hell yes, I like pimento cheese. I didn't grow up in the south, but my mom came from a southern family, so she made all those goodies.
I make my own, and like the other poster said, I spice it up with minced jalapenos or serrano chiles, as well as pimentos I roast and peel myself (I grow them in the garden). Sometimes I use pimento stuffed olives if I don't have any pimentos. Sharp cheddar, mayo, grated onion, dash of worcestershire, and you're good to go.
>>
>>8971013
>>8971044
Sounds easy enough. I may try to make this myself next time I grocery shop.
>>
>>8970857
It's hard as hell to find, but the brand "Palmetto cheese" is absolutely god-tier.
>>
Way down in our Beloved Dixie, my own mother makes a decent variety. Except she likes to cut up boiled eggs to throw in. I'm not a fan of that. My local market makes an outstanding variety.
>>
>>8970857
I had some store-bought brand made with processed """cheese""" like 10 years ago and didn't like it at all. I'd give it another chance if it was made with real cheese and not so sweet.
>>
File: NdXcNau.jpg (96KB, 255x450px) Image search: [Google]
NdXcNau.jpg
96KB, 255x450px
we south thread now?
>>
>>8970857
Ah pimento cheese, the caviar of the south.
>>
>>8972298
>It's hard as hell to find, but the brand "Palmetto cheese" is absolutely god-tier.

>hard to find

Is it? I live in Georgia, right around the coastal plain, and they sell it in gas stations around here it's so common.

Mind, I'm not complaining, it is easily the best store brought pimento cheese in the world.
>>
>>8970857
Ruth's is the most common brand around here and I was disappointed to read it is not made with real cheese, Aldi has good , cheap, real stuff, or for a big cheap batch make your own, jar of pimentos drained, grated cheese and mayo is the basic recipe.
>>
>>8972936
what the fuck is that
>>
>>8973882
seems to be a pickled cabbage product
reading does wonders
>>
>>8970857
never heard of it
>>
I love pimento cheese spread but I like pic related even better. Spicier, like this guy said >>8971013
>>
File: 2017-05-26-01-17-10-.jpg (8KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-01-17-10-.jpg
8KB, 262x192px
>>8977053
>>
I go through a thing of pimento cheese from Publix every week. God bless the south
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.