[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gss/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 21

File: 1494441575168.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494441575168.png
50KB, 250x250px
ITT: Grocery Store Stories

>Car broke down
>Need to get groceries
>Use Uber
>Ask driver, "Hey man uh...Would it be an issue if you waited for me until I was finished with grocery shopping, I'll pay ext-"
>Driver says "Nah it's cool bruh, I got time to wait until you're done, you do you, homie"
>Spend 30 minutes to get groceries
>Come back and find the uber driver was still there
>He sees me and pops the trunk open as I put my groceries inside
>Uber drives me home
>I thank and even tipped him an extra 10

I swear to God, I would've sucked him off too, he was that much of a bro.
>>
Buy an ad.
>>
>>8968332
Wtf I love Uber now.
>>
>No car for 2 weeks
>Need foods
>Uber
>Oldass Crown Vic blaring some gypsy music
>Driver barely speaks English
>Tell him I changed my mind
>Survive off of canned beans until my parts get in
>>
>>8968332
You know they get paid to just sit there right?
>>
>buy 11 things
>get 9 bags
>>
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (50KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
50KB, 852x479px
>be an Uber driver
>get paid about 71 cents per mile and 8 cents per minute
>get a ride request
>drive to the pick up location (9 minute drive, unpaid)
>wait for the person to come out of their house (4 minutes, unpaid)
>drive the person to the grocery store (1.5 miles and about 4 minutes on the road)
>person asks me to wait "a few minutes" and they were "just going to run in and run out"
>leaves purse in my car so I cannot abandon the trip
>wait 11 minutes
>drive the 1.5 miles back to the person's house, which takes another 4 minutes
>thank them for their business, help with groceries
>no tip, as per usual
>end the trip in the app, check my payout:
>$2.13 earned for mileage and $1.52 earned for my time, so about $3.65 total
>that's before tax, gas, and other depreciation on my car
>total time that this person took out of my day since receiving their trip request: 32 minutes
>mfw I literally just earned less than minimum wage driving for this scam company
>>
File: IMG_0214.png (57KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.png
57KB, 640x1136px
>>8968646
No, we do not. This is the fate breakdown in my city. Note that Uber takes a 25% cut of that measly 11 cents, so I only earn about 8 cents per minute that I'm just sitting there. Do the math. The hourly rate is only $4.80/hr if I'm not driving. And people think they don't have to tip, so they usually do not tip.
>>
>be 16
>go shopping with parents because you have no choice
>"can you run back and grab another can of this"
>get lost
>find self stuck in a crowded isle
>get foot ran over five times by accident
>manage to climb way out of the isle like a cockroach against the shelves
>realize we have a lot of frozen food in the cart
>decide to call it done and pick up anything we need tomorrow
>bag shit for half a god damn hour
>go outside with 2-3 carts of your month worth of food
>call cab
>wait 30 minutes
>no cab
>remember forgetting sauce for some spaghetti
>go back and get it
>come back out
>hour passes after calling cab company
>call them multiple times
>"we've sent out like 5 people"
>call bullshit, cuss them out
>protect food, starts to snow
>people stare at you like homeless idiot trying to steal some one's food out of a cart as you're waiting
>call different cab company after another 30 minutes of bitching and waiting
>snow getting about 4" thick
>several cabs, at least 6, appear out of god damn no where
>none of them are for us
>get fucking pissed, call a different cab company
>cab comes with in 10 minutes
>load shit in
>get home
>all our frozen food has gone to shit
>realizing we still missed a lot of shit on the list some how
>regret the past 8 hours of our god damn lives
>>
File: 728363002133.jpg (192KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
728363002133.jpg
192KB, 900x900px
honestly I just ride my bike or walk to the store... usually I don't buy so much that I need a ride back but I only ever take a ride on the way home
>>
>>8969079
>we don't get paid
>showing that you do get paid

I didn't say you got paid a lot, just that you DO in fact get paid for waiting
>>
>>8969114
>I won on a technicality

Uh-huh.
>>
>>8969114
No, you misunderstand. He gets paid while the trip is in PROGRESS, he doesnt get paid to just sit around like a jackass.
>>
>>8969112
This totally depends on where you live. When I lived in Japan, I could accomplish 99% the things I needed to do with just a bicycle, only occasionally borrowing a friend's car to buy furniture or things like that. In the majority of American cities, it's just not practical to bike, much less walk, to the grocery store.
>>
File: file.png (606KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
606KB, 640x426px
>have to go shopping
>call mom to see if she needs anything
>mom tags along since she only has to pick up milk and cat food
>fuck it, let's go
>give her the key to the car since she'll be done first and it's raining out
>take my time getting everything on my list
>spend several minutes in the produce section comparing items
>wait in line at butcher counter
>spend a solid 30-45 minutes in the store
>get out and run to the car
>it's locked
>mom's nowhere in sight
>didn't think to take my umbrella
>wait for 20 minutes in the rain
>mom rolls out a full cart of anything and everything neither milk nor cat food
>I get the key back and unlock the car
>she complains that I'm not moving her groceries fast enough and the bags are getting wet
>she complains that I'm not starting the car fast enough and she might catch a cold
>drive her home and carry her groceries into her house
>she and dad complain that I'm taking too long
>leave without saying anything
>never call before going shopping again
>>
one time i was trying to buy a pack of tortillas and a bag of chips so I went to the express lane and the first lady in line had credit card problems that took almost 5 or 6 minutes (she was trying to purchase a single box of lettuce)
>>
>>8969079
How the fuck do you get paid so little? I had to pay like $5 for an uber to bring me maybe one full mile because I was too shitfaced to walk home.
>>
>>8969149
Because it's a scam. Uber promises drivers 75% of "the fare," but they don't tell you that they tack on a $2 "booking fee" to every fare that riders pay, which they do not share with the drivers. For a $20 trip, it's less significant, but for short trips, especially when our wheels aren't moving, it contributes to a large part of the almost a 50% commission that Uber gets.
>>
>>8969117
That's not a technicality, you get paid for waiting. That's fact.
>>
>>8969165
You said it as if it was worth the driver's time to wait. Sorry, but $4.80/hr. (less in other cities) to wait is not worth it.
>>
>>8969180
>You said
I never said that, I'm a different person.

Even then, they never said it was worth your time. They said "they get paid to just sit there", which is accurate.
>>
File: that wasnt me.jpg (49KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
that wasnt me.jpg
49KB, 349x642px
>>8969187
Just fuck off.
>>
>>8969192
>you caught me in a lie so I'll call you retarded!

Get a job.
>>
>>8969193
I can't figure out what you're trying to prove except that you have a crippling social disorder.
>>
>>8969221
How's it feel to make less than someone with a "crippling social disorder"?
>>
File: 1486156020337.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1486156020337.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>8969148
who the fuck buys lettuce in a box?
>>
>>8969230
Stop projecting your insecurity onto me.
>>
>>8969221
>>8969251
kek
>>
>>8969079
So... you DO get paid just to sit there?
>>
>>8969102
Should have put the frozen food in the snow.
>>
>>8969275
I'll put you in the snow.
>>
>>8969275
food was fucked before the snow even started we were out there for at least an hour before it started anon
>>
>>8968332
> Put order in online
> Drive to store
> Pull into bay in car park
> Load car
> Sign for it
> Drive off
Easy.

> Put in order online
> Book delivery slot
> Wait
> Unload trays as the driver brings them in
> Thank him, sign for the goods
Easy.

I don't know why you fucktards don't get stuff delivered yet.
>>
File: hitler.gif (603KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.gif
603KB, 500x280px
>>8968635
>Survive off of canned beans until my parts get in
Why? All the Spaghetti fall out of your pocket when you saw someone you arent used to?
>>
>have highly functional schizophrenia
>get stared at by everyone
>not sure if I'm doing weird shit or they aren't actually looking at me
>end up buying a bunch of tv dinners and doing self checkout because uncomfortable
>"Are you alright?"
>"Y-you too..."
>>
>>8969147
Are you guys fucking Jewish or what
>>
>>8969526
Leaving personal spaces isn't usually an issue for normal people.
>>
>>8969552
Jesus Christmas

I started lexapro and the first 3 days of anxiety were killer. I swear everyone asked me if I was okay/how am I doing and I was worried I acting strange.

You could have anxiety/paranoia. People ask how are you? To people all the time, he'll I do too. I don't think they mean it in the way we think when we're paranoid
>>
>>8969273
"get paid" you can find more than 11c on the sidewalk
>>
>>8969273
Smartass. If every trip were these short little trips to the grocery store where I waited 15 minutes, I would LOSE money driving for Uber, since $4.80/hr, minus tax, minus car maintenance expenses, isn't enough to pay for the gas I use while driving to pick people up.
>>
>>8970504
>If every trip were these short little trips to the grocery store where I waited 15 minutes

Good thing you are not required to wait for people to shop and every ride isn't that way.
>>
>>8970433
>>8970504
So... you get paid $4.80 an hour just to sit there?

This is coming from someone who gets paid 45 britbongs an hour :)
>>
>>8970526
Granted, I make it a policy not to wait while people go into stores, but other drivers do. For example, the driver from the OP's story.

>>8970596
>So... you get paid $4.80 an hour just to sit there?
The rate to sit there is $4.80/hr. The rate to drive is 71 cents per mile. In reality, I'll usually be able to do 1-3 trips per hour and one of those trips is usually medium or high mileage to make up for any short and quick trips (minimum fare rides only pay $3, but IDEALLY, they also only take about 10 minutes to get done). During peak hours (early morning on weekdays and late nights on weekends), I can usually pull somewhere between $15-25/hr, although the majority of the time during the day, it will average out in the $10-12/hr range. It becomes a serious problem if I start waiting in grocery store parking lots for people, which, as I showed in >>8969057, results in a significant reduction in average pay per hour.

>This is coming from someone who gets paid 45 britbongs an hour :)
Uber drivers don't get paid very much, but I bet you that the costs of living are different between where we live and the skills required to do our jobs are significantly different.
>>
>>8969079
Combine this with the fact that you need to own an 09 car or newer, if it's not paid off, you'd have to drive a shitload of people around just to cover the car payments.
>>
>>8968332
>looking for a chicken over 6 pounds so i get the store discount
>random old fuck approaches me
>excuse me, i hope im not bothering you...
>adress him, he probably wants help reaching something or wants to know if i saw something he is looking for
>... but i have lost X pounds this year and...
yeah you are bothering me, and i go back to my chickens
why do people think its ok to bother some random stranger just because he is fat?
>>
>>8968651
that bread you left at the very back of your grocerys?, the one separated from the beef and chicken and soda and everyhing that weights a lot and is surrounded with the frail stuff like eggs on purpose?
im going to grab that first and stuff it at the very bottom of the bag so you have some nice flat garbage when you arrive home
>>
>>8970504
Different Uber driver here. This is why I don't even bother driving on Saturdays during the day in my city. Too many poor fuckers who think it's a good idea to use Uber like public transportation. I rarely have a problem on any other day.
>>
>>8970798
Hey, question: you got your ride wired for audio and video? I've tons of professional victims getting a ride and claiming rape/kinapping on the news. They just arrested some pajeet for it and as far as I can tell it's her word against his.
>>
>>8970704
So you DO get paid to sit there.
>>
>>8968332
>waiting in line
>finally my turn
>cashieer starts checking my items before the person before has either paid or bagged anything
>watching my shit like a hawk in case someone takes anything thats mine
hey can you please sheck X for discount?
>X is getting close
hey please check for discount
>she is actually scanning X
check if its making the discount

>arrive home
>they didnt make the fucking discount
>fucker handed me someone elses store card
>>
>>8970787
Hows life as a bag boy working out for you champ?
>>
>grocery store is 20 minutes away at most by a short walk
>never have to worry about this
feels good being a citycuck
>>
>go to self-checkout with two baskets full of stuff
>only checkotus open are the ones with a tiny little counter
>go to self-checkout with two items
>only ckeckouts open are the ones that have a full-on conveyor belt and buttloads of bagging space
every time
>>
File: 882.png (219KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
882.png
219KB, 478x640px
>>8970814

It's OK for you to believe that. I'm not going to try to explain it to you anymore.
>>
>>8970917
>20minutes away by a walk
>grocery shopping
do you just buy a loaf of bread and a stick of butter you put in your pocket, 20 minute walk with several heavy bags would be terrible
>>
>>8970832
Some of the best posts I've seen on here are fast food employees or grocery baggers trying to act superior to anons
>>
>>8971126

When you live that close you can just go more often instead of trying to do a month's worth all in one go. It's not too bad that way. Still sucks when you have to carry a lot of canned goods or liquids though, gotta plan ahead to break it up.
>>
>>8971147
>>When you live that close

What he's saying is that a 20 minute walk is not close at all. Which it's not.
>>
>>8968332
>no car
>Need to get groceries
>My shitty city doesn't have any ride sharing services
>walk 10 miles to get groceries
>walk home
>dont eat that day because i dont want to move
>>
>getting paid $4 an hour and then spending it all on gas for the company car
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>8971160
This. There are some truly dumb people on this board, I swear.
>>
>>8971169
At least you understand the situation.
>>
>>8971160
that's a nice contemplative stroll though
>>
>>8971194
Hey, it's great if you have all the time in the world to stroll through the park all day and are unemployed, but for the rest of us, that would be an extremely inconvenient way to live our lives.
>>
File: 157421404.jpg (96KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
157421404.jpg
96KB, 338x507px
>>8969128
>he doesn't have a fresh produce market on his 5km bicycle commute back from work (which is on a grade separated bike lane)

pfft
>>
File: 1063233.png (65KB, 651x452px) Image search: [Google]
1063233.png
65KB, 651x452px
>go to store
>look around for groceries
>can't find X (milk, eggs, etc)
>look for a shop assistant
>"hey, where is X"
>"...next to you, look: there, man"
everytime
>>
>>8971160
You fucking fatass pussy. When I was in college, I routinely walked to a grocery 20 minutes away and carried back 2 grocery sacks of food. And you wonder why you're fat and weak.
>>
>>8971160
>>8971205
t.lardass
>>
>>8971186
You have no other options? I would rather not work at all, it would save me the embarrassment of being fucked over in such a way.
>>
>>8971237
>2 grocery sacks of food
wow, that's so much, how did you manage ?
>>
>>8971242
>>8971237
I get up at 6:00-6:30, get ready and drive to work at 7:30. I leave work at 5:00 and get home by 5:40, worn out. Why the fuck would I want to walk to work in the heat of the afternoon sun for 40 minutes only to barely bring back enough food to hold me over for 2 days????? If you walk 20 minutes to get your groceries, then you are unemployed.

>When I was in college, I routinely walked
Pretty much says it all.
>>
>>8971244
I don't know if you understand what I'm saying. When I'm driving, I can earn upwards of $20/hr. I have no problem taking home $100-160 in 8 hours of work, albeit, it's highly variable. It's when passengers try to abuse my time that I don't really earn any money at all.

As somebody else said, there are certain times of the week when the dregs of society come out of the woordwork thinking that Ubers are public transportation and really try to fuck me over for their own selfish benefit. It can be hard to tell a passenger - especially one of these people - "no" because they don't understand that they are not in public transportation. I drive my personal car and as long as I'm sitting in one place, even if I'm "on a trip," I'm not really earning any money.
>>
>>8971257

Maybe it's not for you but don't act like it's unfathomable for an ordinary working person to spend 40 minutes getting some light exercise. I take longer walks just to clear my head. Maybe if you work manual labor it wouldn't make sense but some of us have to spend 8 hours a day sitting in a chair, a walk seems luxurious after that.
>>
>>8971294
I do spend at least 40 minutes on quality exercising. I also spend some time every day reading books, socializing, making dinner, doing the dishes, doing laundry, doing yard work, and so many other things. That's why I don't have time to waste sweating in the heat walking to and from the grocery store when I could just drive there.
>>
>>8968332
Fuck off ashifag
>>
>>8971303

You do realize this thread isn't about you specifically, right?
>>
>>8971169
4.80 is usually a minimum ride, if you are doing 1 ride an hour you SUCK as an uber driver, you should be doing about 4-5 if you are doing minimum distance only
>>
>>8971329
I realize that. Do you?

>I walk 20 minutes to get groceries
>if you don't do it my way, then you are a lardass and retarded
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>8971248
They were large paper sacks, you fatfuck. If they had been the plastic, it would have been 6. Now go take a 1 minute drive to the convenience store to pickup another 2 litres of coke.
>>
>>8971340
t. 5'8'' 200 lbs down from 250
>>
>>8969532
Because I felt it would be better to "rough it' instead of getting raped.
>>
>>8971333
The $4.80 is just the rate to sit there. These short rides to the grocery store where the rider wants the driver to wait don't last an hour, though, so the payout is much less. And no, a minimum fare payout is only $3.00, sometimes less than that in different cities - even though riders might pay as much as $6 for a minimum fare.

>if you are doing 1 ride an hour you SUCK as an uber driver, you should be doing about 4-5 if you are doing minimum distance only
The driver doesn't have as much control over this as you might think. We can drive to likely places where there is more demand on average, but when Uber hires 200 new riders in your city over the course of 1 week without telling you, the amount of ride requests you get can drop off dramatically and unexpectedly, even if you previously could have expected 2-3 rides an hour in a given area. A lot has to do with the weather, too. Old cars tend to have mechanical issues on the first really cold week of the year and the first really hot week of the year. When people's cars are breaking, they need to take Ubers to and from work a lot more. I get a lot less morning and evening commuters during the spring and fall, though.
>>
>>8971205
Imagine living such a sad life that you can't spare 20 minutes to walk to the grocery store. I pity you Anon, I really do.
>>
>>8969057
How come the company doesn't consider time waiting on someone mid stop? You should be building up money while someone is getting groceries.
>>
>>8971377
Stop projecting. A 20 minute walk to a grocery store isn't 20 minutes out of your day. If you think it is, then you probably have such a vague concept of time management that you put no value on your time. How pathetic of an existence do you have to lead for your time to be so worthless?

Driving to the grocery store:
-5 minutes to get there
-20 minutes inside
-5 minutes to get back
-can stock up on 4 times more food than you can carry by hand
-only have to go to the grocery store once a week (30 minutes, every 6-7 days)

Walk to the grocery store:
-20 minutes to get there
-20 minutes inside
-20 minutes to get back
-can only buy as much food as you can carry in your hands
-will have to return to the grocery store again in about 2 days because you didn't buy enough food (3 hours in a week, 6 times more time spent on this than if you'd driven)

This is why poor people stay poor. You have no concept that you are wasting at least 2.5 hours every week on chores. Time which you could instead be using to better yourself, earn money or do literally anything that you actually want to be doing.
>b-but I enjoy having a "contemplative stroll"
That's how poor people talk when they have no choice but to make the best out of a shitty situation.
>>
>>8971401
Drivers aren't allowed to unionize since we are classified as "independent contractors." We take what Uber gives us.
>>
>>8971409
>can only buy as much food as you can carry in your hands
>will have to return to the grocery store again in about 2 days

How weak are you that you can only carry two days of groceries for 20 minutes?
Pathetic.

If time and carry capacity are that big an issue for a poor person, they'd buy or steal a bicycle for grocery getting.

Cars are fuck oil addicted cucks.
>>
this thread is literally cancer
holy fuck
>>
>>8971364
>make 3 trips in an hour
>get paid almost 15/hour
>still bitching

lol
>>
>>8971409
>Time which you could instead be using to better yourself

Something like, I dunno, getting regular exercise? Did you forget that things like backpacks exist?

>writing lengthy posts chiding other people about not valuing their time while spending yours on 4chan

Anon I know you're just posting to pass the time while your private jet takes you to your golf course but come on, this is absurd.
>>
>Subcribe to grocery delivery service
>Only $150/year for "free" delivery, meaning delivery costs are basically $3/week
>Save an hour per week instead of essentially paying myself $3/hour to go grocery shopping
>>
>>8971472
>Only $150/year

$12/mo for food?

For that 3$ delivery fee you could get twelve more packets of ramen.
>>
>>8971418
why bother?

you might as well sell your car at that rate
>>
>>8971472
I'd sign up for a service like that. I hate going to the store and having to fight my away around the 60 families and their 7 children clogging up aisles
>>
>>8969102
Wtf is this entire story? A 16 y/o getting lost in a supermarket, having to take a cab there (instead of just walking, like honestly is it that far away?), forgetting half the shit on the list, no cab company being able to find you.

I honestly think there must be some crucial info missing like "brain parasites run in the family" or "we all drop acid" or something.
>>
>>8971507
This is typical white trash or nigger behavior. 2 carts full of frozen food sounds like some welfare shit to me.
>>
File: 1349119494147.jpg (57KB, 627x704px) Image search: [Google]
1349119494147.jpg
57KB, 627x704px
>>8970772

Because it is fatty, you are less of a human than a normal person
>>
>>8971377
Yep. That's the state of mass hysteria US culture nowadays. If you take an hour or two to just walk and think, and stop by to pickup some groceries that you're not too weak to carry because you walk around and think, then you're wasting "time." Something happened to this place and the people in it that I just can't figure out.
>>
>>8971673
like 98% of the country has absolutely no problem with that, but you don't hear about them because "they're just dumb yokels ahyuk hyuk hyuk"
SF/LA/NYC cunts are the ones rushing around all the time because it takes 4 fucking hours to commute anywhere because theres so many people and the infrastructure is so trash.
>>
>>8969149
Capitalism. The company needs their cut to be profitable.
>>
>>8971685
I guess you can thank Drumpf for that
>>
So Uber is basically cabbie RP?
>>
>>8970832
How's life as a pedocreep working out for you, scumbag?
>>
> ITT people who have obviously never driven for Uber making up random shit

Same as the rest of /ck/
>>
>>8971166
Walk 20 miles in the gutter, you won't be struttin' that ass, struttin' that ass, struttin' that ass...YOU'LL BE HALF DEAD
>>
>>8971685
>Implying flyovers are not too obese to walk anywhere
>Implying their small towns are designed to talk anywhere
>>
>>8971433
>>8971339
>>
A few weeks ago I was in the grocery store looking at cookies, this really short guy came up near me and started looking up at the cookies on the top shelf. He spotted the ones he wanted and started jumping up in the air and trying to reach out and grab the cookies. I just watched for a bit and then he asked me to get the cookies from the top shelf for him. I grabbed a pack and handed them to him and he got a bit angry and said "not those ones, the ones next to them" so I grabbed the other ones for him and handed them to him, he grabbed them from me and thanked me with a grunt and waddled off.
I ended up buying a packet of the cookies he was so eager to get just to see what the fuss was about. Turns out they're really good.
Thanks Hobbit.
>>
>>8971442
Reading comprehension. The $15-20/hr is only during peak times. The rest of the day is highly variable. For example, I drove for two hours yesterday and I only made $6. Tell me again how good I have it :^)
>>
File: IMG_0215.png (66KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.png
66KB, 640x1136px
>>8971809
Feel free to try to back up your claim.
>>
>>8969147
Ever since my mom got afflicted with COPD she's been a total bitch about every little thing and overthinks everything. I called her out on her shit and it's been peaceful since then. You might want to remind them that you're extending them a favor and if you get a bad reply just say that's everything is voluntary, not a plight.
>>
>>8971907
Did I tickle your booty?
>>
>>8971944
Dude, you encountered a Keebler elf.
>>
>>8971970
>one shit day proves it guys!

I know plenty of people who make a bunch of extra money on the side for doing it. They go during the times that are peaking, friday/saturday nights, bar last calls, hanging around airports or rich neighbor hoods.

Not hard senpai
>>
>>8971555
parents had monthly salary, so we shopped monthly
>>8971507
also took cab to the house
not house to grocery store

and its not cause cab companies couldn't find us, its cause they kept putting us on a list that is up in the air, so people can grab the fair if they want
instead of contacting a specific driver (cabs here are lazy af if you're too far on the outskirt of town)
>>
Why would't you just order another uber when you were done shopping?
>>
>>8972068
5 dollar min charge for rides usually and most ubers won't wait more than 1-2 minutes because of that. If the uber driver says no.

Most of the time if I am doing a beer run they wait since it takes me a total of 1 minute to do so at a gas station 3 blocks away.

It's completely up to the uber driver, when you reach the destination you can hit end ride.
>>
Can you not just get your shit delivered?
>>
>>8969102
>snowing
>froze food has gone to shit
stupid
>>
>>8972137
see
>>8969345
>>
>>8972051
Oh! You "know plenty of people"???? Wow, you really proved ME wrong.
>>
>>8972084
Beer runs are a totally different story. Those are almost always men who have a lot of respect for an Uber driver's time. I don't think I've ever waited more than about 3 minutes at the very longest for a guy to go in and out of a liquor store.
>>
Everyone in the closest grocery story uses EBT.
For their cartload of shit.

Can anyone explain why it takes so fucking long? I thought they had cards, why are people wiping out what looks like check-books? I'm not against the food stamp program, but I am against CRAWLING through a line waiting for this shit and on top of it, having a dipshit who insists everything is on a discount they misunderstood.

>Wegmans
>No EBT
>>
>>8968635
Fake and gay
>>
here's my story
>all lanes are full of people with a ton of shit in their carts
>me with a box of raspberries and a gift card
>get behind the lady closest to being done
>no bagger
>she stares mutely into her phone while the bagging area is overflowing with her shit
>cashier doesn't bag as she go
>starts bagging after scanning everything
>woman still isn't helping, it's not like her child can run away it's stuck in the cart
>attempt to telepathically emit rays of judgment to no avail
>I fucking hate this Giant
>>
File: 7e7.jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
7e7.jpg
62KB, 600x516px
>>8972280

>be NYCfag
>all bodegas sell beer and cigarettes to EBT card holders using "general merc" or "misc food" on the register
>McDonald's and other FF places accept it
>gas stations as well
>mfw I am productive member of society watching retards buy iced lattes with my tax dollars
>>
>buy a bundle of 7 lollipops for 1.75
>stupid ass cashier reads the price, counts the amount of suckers, and rings in 12.25 for the bundle
fucking grocery stores
>>
File: 1494110074656.jpg (40KB, 300x373px) Image search: [Google]
1494110074656.jpg
40KB, 300x373px
>>8972383
that should teach you, wagie. Now get back to my neetbux you sheep
>>
>worked in a grocery store in high school
>bag my own groceries
>feel so fucking sly anytime i hit the little switch to make the second belt start

yeah motherfucker
>>
>>8971257
nice blog
>>
>>8972605
This entire thread is a blog.
>>
>>8971418
lol the cabbie union in my city damn near rioted when they heard uber was coming to town
what's funny is the trucking companies do the same damn thing and nobody gives a shit
>>
File: 1492007001367.webm (2MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492007001367.webm
2MB, 720x1080px
>>8968332
Sounds like you just wanted an excuse to suck dick.
>>
>>8972617
nice post.
>>
This whole thread got derailed into uber and other ridesharing shills.

Shut it down.
>>
>>8971409
a 10lb bag of potatos, 10 lbs of pinto beans, 3 lb bag of onions, 3 lbs of cabbage, and some miscellanious canned stuff is enough to last me weeks. thats easily carried
>>
>inside grocery store while my car is getting an oil change
>notice a table filled with clearance near the registers
>grab a 50% off box of quest bars and wait in a normal checkout line
>cashier accidentally rings the box twice but they come up 75% off
>she voids it but I asks her to scan it again and I'll grab the second box
>register suddenly freezes up and won't scan the box again, cashier starts flipping out
>turns over to the guy putting price tagging the clearance table and yells at him for the box not scanning and the prices coming up wrong on her register
>tell her to try voiding the sale and re-ringing the box after but she just keeps grumbling about wanting to go on break, and tells the person behind me they're "the last one"
>pay my $12 and leave while she starts yelling at a bag boy to help her out with the next order because it's too big for her to deal with alone

I swear every store has to have that one crabby cashier that acts like they own the place because they've been doing the same job for thirty years.
>>
>>8971160
Are you serious? How terrible is your cardio? Does your heart struggle to beat?
>>
>>8972671
This is not a serious post and anyone who claims to live off pinto beans and potatoes is not a serious person. Like I said earlier, >>8971257
>>When I was in college, I routinely walked
>Pretty much says it all.
Either you are unemployed or unemployable. There is no possibility that you are gainfully employed and actually spend an hour walking to the grocery store just to buy potatoes and pinto beans.
>>
>>8972692
You do realize that this thread is not about you, right?
>>
>>8971409
>This is why poor people stay poor. You have no concept that you are wasting at least 2.5 hours every week on chores. Time which you could instead be using to better yourself, earn money or do literally anything that you actually want to be doing.
I live in a town filled with people on welfare and none of them think with that mentality. All of our stores are located downtown, right next to their HUD apartments, so any employees see them multiple times per day whenever they feel like walking down the street to use their EBT cards for a two liter of soda or a pack of cigarettes. The only attempts they ever make at having a job is working at the local potato chip factory or wal-mart for a week before quitting after realizing how much easier it is to spend their entire day wandering around town with NEETbucks or trying to get free shit by hoarding newspaper coupons.
>>
>>8971126
just use a backpack you tard
>>
>>8968332
>I would've sucked him off too
You would've sucked anyone off though, OP.
>>
File: 1419924619253.png (253KB, 786x715px) Image search: [Google]
1419924619253.png
253KB, 786x715px
>>8972690
>move to new town
>first time in the (only) grocery store
>middle aged employee in produce section getting mad at coworker and threatening her loudly before storming off
>see him later arguing with another employee in dairy section
>finally see him yelling at the bakery staff before walking away angrily
>mfw every time I go to the store now I have multiple egress routes planned in case he shoots up the place
>>
>>8972696
not them, but I'm a full-time night chef and this is routine for me
I get up on my day off, walk 20 minutes to the meat market (if they're on special, I stock up and freeze), then I go to the grocery store next door to get starches/beans and vegetables. One bag meat + one bag potatoes/rice/beans + one bag vegetables is neither difficult to carry or time consuming to prepare and usually lasts at least a week. After I get everything settled and prepared I go chill on the dock outside my house with a sweet tea and sometimes go kayaking, look at birds etc

idk what kind of complicated high strung life you live where two hours to procure and prepare a weeks worth of food is a colossal waste but maybe you should chill
>>
>>8972703
You've already tried that game on a different anon. It's not as clever as you think it sounds.
>>
>>8972794
The guy lives in an area where he can't tolerate the summer heat (can't be bothered to walk at sundown) and doesn't have the imagination to load up an audio book/podcast. Also apparently doesn't know what an insulated bag is. He wouldn't come up with comfy rituals like that.
>>
>>8972280
That's wic, a slightly different program that white lists apposed to black lists foods. eg you can buy cheddar cheese but not american cheese.
>>
>>8972362
Wait, do American supermarkets have two people working at one register?
When I worked at Safeway, everyone scanned and bagged shit. I think everywhere in Australia doesn't like that.
>>
>>8972868
Some supermarket chains have baggers that go from register to register. At some the cashier bags, at some crappier ones you're expected to do it yourself. It varies.
>>
>>8972852
When you said white list and black list I immediately thought you were referring to races. I need to get away from this place
>>
>>8971359
What are you a fucking twink? If they try shit fuck them up.
>>
>>8972059
So you are retarded then.
>hurr $3000 just dropped in the bank account and if I don't spend it RIGHT NOW it will evaporate
>>
>>8971441
Best post ITT
>>
>>8972635
What a large cock
>>
>Faggot little kid about 10-14 years old bumps into me
>Benefit of the doubt, maybe I did stop pretty quickly
>Get bumped into a minute later by the same faggot kid
"Do you mind mate?"
'Mind what?'
>He pretends to bump into me again
>Wait till they're fully loaded and coming to checkouts
>Shove steelcaps into inside caster wheel while he's turning it hard into checkouts
>Everything all over the fucking place, some pasta jar popped and a milk bottle lid ruptured
>Mum smacks him around the back of the head "WHAT DID I FUCKING TELL YOU"
>Everyone looking at me watching without helping
Worth the shame.
>>
>>8972964
He's probably white, so "defending yourself" means you get jail time. Any sort of self-preservation is illegal if you're white.
>>
>>8971340
this is projection
>>
>>8971433
"stop having a pet dog!" is what you said. Buying the big bag of food is 50 pounds alone, you going to come carry it for me?
>>
>>8972794
>actually cucking yourself outside of your job
White people. Get a car, poor ass fucking "chef".
>>
>>8969079
$60 an hour doesn't seem that bad, quit complaining.
>>
>>8973084
Uber drivers don't make $60/hr. What are you talking about?
>>
>go shopping with friend
>its pretty late and store is closing in like half an hour when we get there
>get everything we need
>head on out
>as we're taking our stuff back through the car park a bunch of guys circle us on motorbikes
>they drive off
>get back home and find out friend who lives near us was robbed by guys on motorbikes like 30 mins ago.
>secretly glad we looked too poor to rob
>>
File: spilage.jpg (69KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
spilage.jpg
69KB, 500x379px
>at the grocery store
>I am obese, literally disgusting
>buying about 10 bars of chocolate
>this is basically for me just a daytime snack
>normally use the self service so nobody judge me
>this time they are all fucking broken
>have to go through the self scanner
>the scanner is an old man, like 50 with grey hair and tattoos
>he makes a joke to me
>says 'I was in jail for 2 years and you clearly are trying to put me back behind bars!'
>holds a bar in front of himself and laughs, then starts scanning
>get really angry at him
>tell him next time I'll buy a cake with a shank inside and stab him to death
>he calls security and I get banned

fucking scum
>>
File: 1390065941402.gif (2MB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
1390065941402.gif
2MB, 250x195px
Here's some shit:
>need to go to the grocery store for some shit
>shitty double-parked niggers
>shitty old farts blocking the aisles
>shitty 16yearold scrublord shelf-stockers leaving shit in the middle of aisles
>shitty grandmas holding up the line with discount whoring
>shitty cashiers being slow as fuck
>shitty cashiers speeding up to mach 3 when it's my fucking turn so I have to rush like diarrhea
>shitty fucking soccerwhores blocking in the parking lot with their craptacular maneuvering skills
>shitty drive home because FUCKING SHIT INFRASTRUCTURE

Feels like a load of shit.
>>
>>8974764
You really need to get into instacart peapod prime pantry hell just grow your own food it's not worth this mess
>>
>>8974740

Have you thought about not being a fat shit?
>>
>>8971685
But that's fucking wrong retard. It's the urbanites in NYC that walk practically everywhere or take a train.
>>
>>8974906
This. That's one reason there aren't many fatfucks in the coastal cities whereas flyovers are epidemically obese. Even when their destination is a 5 minute walk, flyovers always drive. Hell, even when they have a postage stamp yard in suburbia they have to have a riding lawnmower.
>>
>>8971685
This: >>8974906

I meant to reply to that post earlier, but forgot about it in the ensuing shitstorm about Uber.

I think that the anons claiming that they walk to get their groceries are simply not Americans and have absolutely NO FUCKING CLUE how the majority of American cities, suburbs and small towns are laid out. If you live in one of the few downtown areas in America which haven't fallen into urban decay, and those are mostly located in the Northeast, then sure, you can probably walk or take public transportation to get your groceries with ease. That's not true for the vast majority of the population, though. Most Americans live in suburbs where you can walk 20 minutes and see nothing but subdivisions (houses).

>>8975064
>This. That's one reason there aren't many fatfucks in the coastal cities whereas flyovers are epidemically obese. Even when their destination is a 5 minute walk, flyovers always drive.
You are close to understanding, but your prejudice against small town dwellers, and probably an acute lack of ability to empathize with people not 100% exactly like you, is preventing you from seeing the truth.
>"Even when their destination is a 5 minute walk...."
That's the issue, though. Small towns in America are only small in terms of their population. As an example, my mother grew up in a small town in Texas with a population under 200 and her family had to drive about 45 minutes to the closest grocery store where they could buy fresh produce, meat or any variety of real food that the local general store wasn't able to keep in stock. How long do you think that would have taken to travel by walking? Because 45 minutes at highway speed usually translates to about 40-50 miles distance.....

Granted, that's a bit of an extreme example, but the norm in American small towns is to have a low enough population density that very few people who live "in town" can really get away with walking to a grocery store in under an hour's time by foot.
>>
>>8975109
>acute lack of ability to empathize with people not 100% exactly like you, is preventing you from seeing the truth.

Yeah, no. I live on 4 acres 8 miles from the county seat which has a walmart and piggly wiggly for groceries. If I want to go to a metropolitan area where they have asian markets, whole foods, kroger, etc. it's 40 miles one way. The people in small towns live in food deserts just as much as inner city nignogs. The fact they have to drive everywhere and only have access to shit food causes them to be as obese as inner city nignogs. That walmart in the county seat? At any point in time except late at night and early morning there are at least 15 scooters in use.
>>
>>8974897
What did that joke even mean I don't get it? Bars? Like candy bars?
>>
>>8975684
Yes. You're putting bars between you and him, iow putting him behind bars.
>>
> work in a grocery store since I was 16
> just turned 30, still not in a management job
> consider killing self
>>
>>8975711
Sounds like a nice dude
Making a funny joke
>>
>>8971507
it's a made up story
>>
>>8969079
Uber doesn't want people to tip because contractors can't get tips
>>
>>8976373
Except that isn't true.
>>
>>8976540
If you got tips you'd have to be a W-2 employee.
>>
>>8971441
This, Reddit needs to leave
>>
>>8976601
This is absolutely not true. Lyft has in-app tipping.
>>
>>8976978
1099 doesn't allow tipping, Lyft will be shut down by the IRS.
>>
>Need a new mop, can't find mine
>Go to store
>See clerk clearly not busy behind customer service counter
>"Excuse me, do you know where I could find a mop?"
>"What?"
>"A mop."
>Five second blank stare
>"Hello?"
>"What?"
Just walked off, got my shit and left. I wonder what its like to be that thick sometimes.
>>
>>8977213
>waiting out another shift at my awful job
>some retard thinks its better to bother me than look for a mop
>ignore him
>BONUS points for him storming off like a little girl throwing a tantrum
>>
>>8973084
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>8969221
Says the faggot that works for uber to avoid any actual responsibility in the workplace.
>>
>>8977180
Your facts are simply wrong.
>>
>>8977277
Wow, you totally got me, bro. Bravo. It was worth waiting the two days to finally get so thoroughly BTFO by your icy wit that I may never recover.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 640x1136px
>>8971092
Shouldn't have posted this then.
>>
>>8977397
Explain what you think you're proving.
>>
>>8968332
I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>8971205
I'm a chef working 55/65 hours a week and I spent the last 3 years doing exactly that. Could even plan a leisurely trip to the butcher while I was at it.

It wasn't the most convenient thing in the world, but it was the reality of the situation and very easy to manage. Just gotta toughen up and make it into a positive. The trip to the butcher was a reward for doing the big walk back and forth with all my groceries. Good exercise. Etc.
>>
>grocery store
>cashieres are all old ladies or pretty girls
>the old ladies are always grumpy and rude
>pretty girls are all nice and social
wtf man I thought the old ladies would be comfy but that was apparently not the case
>>
>>8972362
>>I fucking hate this Giant

Are you the hobbit from other anon's story?
>>
>>8971160
It really is an insignificant amount of time if you have capable time management skills.

And I work 60-80 hours a week. It's a 20 minute walk for me, but conveniently on my walk home.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.