[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations for a good cheap stainless steel pan? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Recommendations for a good cheap stainless steel pan? I've started cooking a lot of saucy meats and I live alone so I'd like to have multiple of the same 10" steel pan so I can just throw them in the dishwasher and have more pans to use in between dishwashing cycles. Before you suggest I just wash the pan after each use, I'm lazy.
>>
I have this and its quite good

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-722-24C-Classic-Stainless-10-Inch/dp/B00008CM6F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495587502&sr=8-1&keywords=Cuisinart+722-24C
>>
the $2 pan from your local thrift store

seriously, budget stainless is budget stainless.
>>
i've seen a lot of posts on stainless cookware recently, what are the benefits?

is it time to throw out all my teflon stuff?
>>
>>8968352
teflon is really only good for eggs

you need a stainless steel in order to create malliard reaction (sear) and actually cook

not to mention deglaze, it's a staple of french cooking
>>
>>8968382

i use cast iron for searing, is stainless better for some things?
>>
>>8968395
Cast iron is great for frying, baking some things, cast iron pizza and searing meats

Its also easier to clean if it's well seasoned
>>
>>8968395
>>8968399
Oh you asked if it's better

Well cast iron is reactive to acid, so if you want to deglaze with wine you might ruin your seasoning
>>
you can get a calphalon one for about 20 bucks at marshalls or tjmaxx if you have one around.
>>
>>8968400

hmm that's good to know, i've definitely deglazed my cast iron with wine before

maybe i'll pick up a stainless, thanks for the info
>>
Go to your local restaurant supply store.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (10KB, 123x131px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
10KB, 123x131px
Get a debuyer carbon steel pan.

It will outlast your grandchildren. Best fried eggs on planet earth.
>>
>>8968763
do you throw yours in the dishwasher? because you shouldn't. 1. you strip the seasoning. 2. they rust.
>>
>>8968763

>It will outlast your grandchildren
I highly doubt it
>rivets
>not 1 piece solid castiron
>>
I'm just gunna ask here instead of killing another thread:

I have a decent non-stick pan but it always fucking tilts on the burner. I've always had those shitty electric coil burners so I don't know if its that or if the pan is just made like shit?
>>
>>8968784
No I don't put it in the dishwasher. What is this /ck/ or 15 year old McDondalds fry guy thread? Never wash the pan; thats the point.

Rivets are the best connectors on planet earth. Thats why they use them on airplanes.

Solid 1 piece cast iron is way too heavy for tossing vegetables

My pan is 50 years old from my grandma, who is French. Still solid as fuck.

You guys would blow a 5 roper load if you had my goat cheese / blueberry pancakes I made on Sunday with this bitch. Crispy and fluffy as fuck.
>>
>>8968800
I shouldn't be responding to you because you're clearly autistic and just feed on anonymous interaction online but read the fucking op you faggot
>>
>>8968793
my electric coil burner pops out of it's well all the time and only really stays flat if I have something heavy on it. If I were to fix mine I'd affix it securely to the base plate with wire or something.
>>
>>8968800
>You guys would blow a 5 roper load if you had my goat cheese / blueberry pancakes I made on Sunday with this bitch. Crispy and fluffy as fuck.

I dunno mate, have you tried a McChicken?
>>
>>8968793
You warped your pan bro
>>
File: SALSA.jpg (199KB, 1140x1560px) Image search: [Google]
SALSA.jpg
199KB, 1140x1560px
>>8968239
Try my new Red Copper Square Dance Pan™ and you'll be dancing all day!
>>
>>8968239

one of my favorite pants is a 6 dollar copper bottom revereware pan.

deep sides, its flat, heats up fast, cleans up easy

i find pans like this all the time at thrift shops. there is no reason to buy new pans when there are a glut of them on the market, and if you hunt you'll find some real treasures out there.
>>
>>8968897
Technically a square pan has 27% more surface area than a round pan.

Fucking uneducated cunts.
>>
>>8968991
You might have forgotten to account for the rounded corners on that model.
>>
File: 1495598843045.jpg (43KB, 468x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495598843045.jpg
43KB, 468x512px
>>8968897
>>
>>8968897
>>8969256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_1QdIEElc
>>
>>8969248
I was just basing it off the flat bottom surface area.
>>
>>8968239
Buy on from ikea. Stainless steel pans are not exactly high-tech, any one will do.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.