[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is living off of MREs a viable choice if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1494944688267.png (936KB, 878x624px) Image search: [Google]
1494944688267.png
936KB, 878x624px
Is living off of MREs a viable choice if you don't have much time to cook?
>>
Let's get this out onto a tray.
>>
No. MREs aren't designed to be nutrient rich, they're designed to be huge calorie intakes for soldiers.
>>
Just get frozen food. MREs aren't even that cheap.
>>
>>8967386
Neither are soylent, but people chug those anyway
>>
>>8967384
Nice!
>>
File: 1494945002933.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1494945002933.png
281KB, 371x532px
>>8967384
>>
MRE's are expensive, relatively speaking, and they stop you up like no ones business. So if you want to stop shitting until you explode and if you want to spend more than necessary for okay'ish survival food, then yes it is a viable choice.
>>
>>8967377
If you don't mind your bowel movements feeling like pushing out a football. Either type.
>>
>>8967394
>>8967392
what do they do to MREs to do that
>>
When is he going to upload new vids
>>
>>8967397
No clue, I just remember the transition from MREs to real food was unpleasant and that first shit after you've been eating MREs for a while is downright exhausting if not painful.
>>
File: 1494944814416.jpg (19KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1494944814416.jpg
19KB, 410x410px
>>8967391
>>
>>8967397
IIRC they're designed to hold themselves in you for like 3 days or so, useful fir if you're on a mission or something.
>>
Are MRE's even good?

Steve says ANYTHING is good, but sometimes it looks really bad
>>
>>8967429
Some of them are, yeah. Some of them are just about as horrible as you'd imagine though.
>>
>>8967429
I'm thoroughly convinced that the ancient food has killed Steve's taste buds
>>
>>8967437
Yeah. He's calling everything 'gourmet' nowadays.
>>
Are MREs from Amazon or whatever legit enough for me to understand what a real military ration is like? I'd like to try one once, and always feel like they're a smart thing to have around in limited supply just in case there was a big emergency, or my car broke down.
>>
>>8967453
What do you mean legit? I'd think anything USMRE is as legit as it gets
>>
>>8967453
>car breaks down
>somehow can't avoid shoving food in my face until the tow truck shows up
>pay a premium for shitty prepackaged "food" for enlisted grunts to stave off the hunger shakes
>>
>>8967453
https://www.amazon.com/Meals-Ready-Genuine-Military-Surplus/dp/B005I5ML36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495575843&sr=8-3&keywords=mre%27s
The above looks legit enough
>>
fuck no. they'll block you up and you'll tear yourself a new asshole trying to shit it all out. Not the mention you'll get fucking sick of them after a week or two tops.
>>
>>8967456

I'd heard it's illegal to sell these rations, like if they were given to you by FEMA or something. So I assume the stuff on Amazon is supposed to be like a replica but not the real thing. Meaning it probably tastes better, or doesn't last as long, or whatever. I just wanna try out the real shit.

>>8967483

I carry some chips or other things like that wherever I go, along with a reasonable amount of water, because I live in the middle of the desert. I'm no doomsday prepper, but I appreciate the peace of mind knowing that if I were hours away from the nearest town/city and something REALLY bad happened, I'd have something in the car that I could eat, that also won't rupture in the heat that beats down on my car during times that I don't need it.
>>
>>8967550

Forgot to mention - I also own a solar powered radio/charger/light with a crank on it, just in case. Doesn't mean I think I'm gonna spend days in the desert trying to survive nuclear fallout.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.