[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some ideas on serving BBQ. I work at a new barbeque restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1020.jpg (96KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1020.jpg
96KB, 640x409px
Need some ideas on serving BBQ.

I work at a new barbeque restaurant working the pit and cooking on the line, serve the usual pulled pork / smoked chicken / ribs / brisket / etc.

>Most common complaint is that the brisket is 'cold' when it gets to the table

Literally get a bunch of customers a day bitch about this, I've tried so much but these flyovers still keep complaining.

>keep brisket in a roasting box held at 150 degrees, holding it any higher would make it very hard to work with and compromise quality by drying it out.
>slice it to order under a heatlamp, then quickly put it back into warmer when done
>putting trays in the heated window, already tried turning that up but pussy servers were saying the plates were too hot for them
>literally have servers take the food immediately so it doesn't set
>customer immedaitely complains it's cold
>i'm fucking livid

How the hell do I solve this problem without compromising the quality of our brisket? If I recall most bbq places I've been to, the brisket is never really even all that hot, but more lukewarm.
>>
>>8967012
>Serving flyovers

You didn't open a Golden Corral franchise, and you fucked up.
>>
>>8967012
hot plates are a good idea - leave some napkins in a stack next to the plates so the servers can use them to carry the plates without scalding themselves

you could use a fajita style hot skillet maybe
>>
>>8967023
The restaurant is in the area of a big tourist location, at least 75% of our customers aren't from the state.
>>
>>8967026
That's an idea, I'll try leaving a kitchen towel on the otherside of the window so they can grab plates. They'll still have to take them off when bringing to the table which might be a problem.
I don't think we have the right kind of equipment or plates to serve it fajita style.
>>
Pour a bit of hot beef broth over before serving, or change the menu txt to say cold cured brisket
>>
>>8967153
I'll try the beef broth idea next time I'm in. I think saying the brisket is cold cured when we're literally hot smoking it out back wouldn't make a lot of sense. Normies probably wouldn't understand the difference but still.
>>
>>8967315
just drown the fuck out of it in hot aus jus or gravy. the fatties would have done that anyways
>>
>>8967012
You're thinking about this all wrong. Brand it as a new style of authentic bbq called cold smoked brisket. Flyovers and hipsters are retards that will fall for the marketing.
>>
>>8967012
>but pussy servers were saying the plates were too hot for them
Heatproof gloves. They exist, and I used to use them to hold things while I blasted them with hundreds of degrees of hot air from a heatgun.
>>
>>8967336
While that would be clever, we'd have to make revisions to the menu so it would say this, we've already had to make an addendum on it to say that smoking meats will give them a pink color and people still send shit back saying it's 'raw cause it's pink', fucking kms.

>>8967460
As a cook I use the heat resistant gloves, but servers are half the time autists who don't deserve their minimum hourly wage, I can't even imagine trying to get them to wear gloves when getting food. They'd just forget and go to grab a plate and burn themselves and sue or some shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.