[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best water for a water fast? I.e., spring, mineral,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg (36KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg
36KB, 640x363px
What is the best water for a water fast? I.e., spring, mineral, filtered drinking, etc.

What about when you need a change of pace? I.e., decaf green tea, peppermint tea, carbonated, water, etc.
>>
>>8960498
/fit/
>>
>doing this life threatening shit because you have no self control

back to >>>/fit/fat
>>
>>8960498
Regular old water dude.
>>
>>8960587
Only fat asses with food addictions think fasting is life threatening.
>>
>>8960498
day 1
day 280
>>
>>8960587
>>doing this life threatening shit because you have no self control

lol

malnutritioned shitskins will fast but its too dangerous for obese 300lb 'merican niggers.
>>
>>8960604
MUH SUGARS
>>
>>8960498
Is this video real?
>>
>>8960952
of course not. his liver would have shut down before he got to that point. and even if he was on a legitimate deficit to lose the weight over like 6 months or whatever he would still have a ton of loose skin
>>
>>8960960
He obviously lost the weight though and has no loose skin
>>
>>8960969
no shit did he lose the weight, but not over 28 days you dumb fuck
>>
>>8960974
you said he would have extra skin if he lost the weight over 6 months and he doesn't
>>
>>8960498
Me on the left
>>
>>8961008
are you retarded? the implication was that even if it took A LONGER PERIOD (like 6 months), he would still have loose skin. which makes the fact that he doesn't suggest it would be impossible to lose that weight in 1 month, let alone 6.
>>
>>8960498
Just tap water. Who cares. You're gonna be drinking so much water it won't matter to you, I guarantee it. Also I drink black coffee on mine but that's about it.

Make sure to look into supplementing salts if you're going for a long fast. Like over 3 days long.
>>
>Water fast thread
>sips
>Le cookies are ready

I had to check to make sure I didn't accidentally click on /fit/
>>
>>8961124
>le cookies

what the fuck is this board
>>
>>8961034
Not necessarily
>>
>>8961244
going on a water diet doesn't magically make excess skin go away in addition to burn fat you moron
>>
>>8961108
>Just tap water. Who cares
After like a week of fasting, drinking tap water is disgusting. By the end of the 2 weeks I fasted, I couldn't stand the smell of tap water, I could smell the fluoride in it, it smelled like poison to my body.

I'd recommend drinking like 2L of distilled water every day, along with a good pinch of pink Himalayan salt for the minerals.
>>
>>8960498
I saw this video last week and decided to try it starting last sunday (1 week ago). I went until friday morning at which point I was in extreme and persistent discomfort. I noticed no permanent physical changes but I'm skinny. Overall I found that if you're going to do it, go for longer than 4 days and 2 nights.
>>
>>8960498
cyanide flavor, it kills you from the inside faster
protip: the pic is fake.
>>
>>8960960
>he would still have a ton of loose skin

No, he's not fat enough for that to happen. There's multiple factors in developing loose skin after weight loss but the most important one is the initial size. Lose skin begins to be an expected result from a starting point of ~300lbs at average height. You need to be relatively balloon-shaped, generally. Sometimes thinner people do get it though.
>>
To anyone going to try fasting: you're supposed to take vitamin and mineral supplements so you don't die of malnutrition. Also eating small amounts of a complete protein is better than total fasting since you need essential amino acids daily.
>>
>>8962404
dude he lost half his belly size. his neck is also past the critical point where the skin would requires months to get back
>>
>>8961300
>is skinny
>decides to fast in order to become stronger and fitter
Is there something wrong with your brain?
>>
>>8962418
What critical point? His neck was hardly big when he was fat, there was little reduction in surface area there. The biggest reduction is at the belly and he has no loose skin there either. Regardless of what the real time it took him to lose the weight was, he has no loose skin because he's young and wasn't super obese in the beginning.
>>
>>8960498
Watery vegetables would be better. You need fiber to keep shit moving out of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHV2X3lnfts
>>
>>8962435
>You need fiber to keep shit moving out of you.

When you stop eating you don't make much shit. Eating fiber just to produce shit would be pointless.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
>evacuation was in fact infrequent, there being 37-48 days between stools latterly.

And fiber isn't required to make poop move. Fiber just makes more shit.
>>
>>8962407
Are you fucking kidding me? Vitamins are literally industrial runoff repackaged to sell to consumers. You might as well eat rat poison.
>>
>>8962451
That's a pretty extreme view you have. They are perfectly adequate in preventing micronutrient deficiency during fasting.
>>
>>8962407
>>8962451
Foods are a package deal :^)

Isolated nutrients often behave diffently than when in food.

Why not eat cleaner instead of being lethargic and miserable for a month?

An aggressive with food every day can take off four pounds a month. A water fast will only drop about 10 of fat because you'll go into actual starvation mode.
>>
>>8962458

Sure. For most nutrients, food is the best package. If you choose to fast with zero calorie intake you can't get any packages so non-caloric supplements are the only choice. It's not like I'm saying that supplements are the best source, just that they're required for those who fast. And if more people didn't eat hyperpalatable foods, they would indeed lose weight as their lipostat would work properly for "clean" foods, most likely. There'd still be people who overate though.

There are psychological benefits to fasting, I think. Like the guy who fasted for over a year kept the weight off afterward. Perhaps realizing that not eating isn't really a horrible thing but actually quite easy to tolerate allows people to control their habits more easily after the fast. Super obese people have probably never had a day where they didn't overeat for years and years. There's definitely an addiction component to massive overeating so the simplicity and strictness of going "cold turkey" by fasting seems like it would be helpful.

>A water fast will only drop about 10 of fat because you'll go into actual starvation mode.

A bit exaggerated that. Reduction of energy expenditure happens gradually. There's no threshold past which your metabolic rate suddenly crashes. The speed of the reduction is greater the larger the size of the caloric deficit. But the resulting total drop in your resting metabolic rate after losing the same amount weight would be about the same. You will always lose fat faster the greater your deficit. Recovering your metabolism after prolonged dieting is done by gradually eating more and doing strength training to build more lean mass. You'd lose way more than 10lbs of fat in a month of fasting unless your energy expenditure is somehow <1500kcal despite weighing 200lbs or more.
>>
>>8960498
I know this is some shitty /fit/ meme but when I tried drinking only spring water I got muscle spasms. So maybe not that. Distilled water is good too. Best water is a mix of distilled water and magnetized lightly mineralied water.
>>
>>8960498
This is so stupid, gives me faith I can sell pretty much any shit to morons with the right marketing.
>>
>>8960498
today is my 7th day. I'm still going strong with no obvious negative effects. no light-headedness, heart palpitations, head aches, or even nausea. the worst side-effect right now I guess is just being low energy, which is to be expected.

seeing, smelling, and cooking food for other people is a nightmare though. eeeeeverything looks amazing. I feed my dog canned chicken with some veggies and rice sometimes, and even that farty canned chicken smell made me want to plunge my hands into it and shovel it in my mouth. it's funny though because I don't actually FEEL hungry, being so full of water and all. my body just really wants the nutrients, obviously. that being said im fully aware this is retarded, but at the moment I'm enjoying the self-torture, I guess the same way people enjoy sweat lodges.
>>
>>8962447
haven't eaten in a week, have only shit once.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.