[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does Egg Drop Soup or Sweet and Sour/ Hot and Sour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: egg-drop-soup.jpg (33KB, 565x376px) Image search: [Google]
egg-drop-soup.jpg
33KB, 565x376px
Why the fuck does Egg Drop Soup or Sweet and Sour/ Hot and Sour Soup not come canned in grocerys tores from companies like Campbells, Progresso, and Marie Calendars?

Is it from anti asian sentiments?
>>
>>8960200
I don't think it would hold up well to being canned.
>>
that's actually an interesting question.

>Is it from anti asian sentiments?

lol, no, i doubt it.

>>8960202

>I don't think it would hold up well to being canned.

the base itself would be fine. i would imagine it would be somewhat difficult to make the egg behave uniformly through the canning process. but they could always sell it and just have you whisk the egg through at home, that fits in well with the whole cake mix/packet jello 'diy' marketing strategy that is so successful with other ubiquitous products.
>>
>>8960246
dehydrate and rehydrate egg noodles like in cup of noodles maybe?

but then again could be too delicate.
>>
>>8960282
this is actually a really good idea, like a little ramen seasoning packet but with dried eggy bits.
>>
>>8960200
>implying we'd want some white people soup brands cashing in on our sekrit Chinese recipe
>>
Cos they are thickened with potato starch, which oxidises to black in cans. You can buy them in retort pouches in asian markets though.
>>
>>8960200
>stock
>corn starch
>pour egg through fork
Why would you even bother buying that premade.
>>
>>8960200
No reason Hot and Sour soup wouldn't do quite well canned. As a matter of fact, next time I make a batch I'm going to make a gallon extra and can 4 quarts to see how it does. I don't think Egg Drop soup would be a very good candidate, though. It would probably ruin the silky consistency of the egg.
>>
File: IMG_6308.jpg (268KB, 537x1787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6308.jpg
268KB, 537x1787px
Vote

http://www.strawpoll.me/13015124
>>
>>8960313
I'll eat black soup if it tastes good. Plus hot and sour soup is black in color anyways and is mainly composed of soy and other shit.
>>
>>8960328
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13015124
Every one is neck and neck, kek.
>>
White """people""" won't buy it
>>
>>8961772
Are you fucking kidding me... I'd have my cabinents stocked with that shit.

Also consider for a moment all the other bizarre "soup" ideas that companies have come up in the past that taste like dhiarhea.
>>
>>8960313
>cans
>oxidizing

pick one
>>
>>8962727
How can a can oxidize if there's no oxygen inside the can? Feeling pretty stupid now aren't you.
>>
>>8962735
you're the stupid one, friendo
>>
>>8963747
cans are sealed, therefore no oxygen entry Oliver North.
>>
>>8963755
no shit. read the post again, newfag
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.