[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got loads of 'ccoli, any advice what I should make with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: brocc.jpg (2MB, 2904x2100px) Image search: [Google]
brocc.jpg
2MB, 2904x2100px
Got loads of 'ccoli, any advice what I should make with them?

Pls no chicken.
>>
>>8952831
Steam them and serve with homemade mayo
>>
>>8952831
>'ccoli
Steam it and then stop being such a newfag trying to fit in.
Retard.
>>
File: 1490303900409.jpg (44KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
1490303900409.jpg
44KB, 400x268px
>>8952831
The florets are good sauteed, steamed, or in pasta
The stalks are great roasted with garlic and paprika, or if yr feeling memey run thru a mandoline and deep fry, season with something like ground sumac.
>>
>>8952831
Roast them in an oven with some garlic, salt, and pepper. Then toss with some crispy pancetta or bacon bits and maybe a light dressing.
>>
i like to roast with potatoes and cauliflower
>>
>>8952831
Pasta, w/ Italian sausage. You have a search engine.
>>
>>8952831
Eat it raw and increase the volume of your semen
>>
File: Beef-and-Broccoli-3[1].jpg (98KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
Beef-and-Broccoli-3[1].jpg
98KB, 860x860px
>>8952831
make some beef and broccoli stir fry faggot
>>
>>8952922
This. Chinese dishes are the only acceptable way to ingest broccoli.
>>
Real question, how do I get broccoli that has a less stem part to it like in >>8952831

When I get broccoli like >>8952922 when I break it apart the stems on the end pieces are always a bit thicker than I like.
>>
File: thumb_600 (2).jpg (124KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600 (2).jpg
124KB, 590x590px
>>8953037

>chinks think it's a good idea to put broccoli in General Tsao/Seasame chicken for some reason despite the conflicting flavors

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8952831
Mild cheddar melted over them.
Add milk and a bit of pepper to melted mild cheddar to make a dip.
Can use American cheese too, if you're poor.
>>
>>8952831
the other day i just chopped some up and cooked sauteed them with onions and garlic in butter (lots of butter) and served it over a bake potato. A pretty good half assed dinner.
>>
>>8952831

What the fuck is wrong with people unironically liking Broccoli and fucking brussel sprouts ? Where did it all go wrong ?
>>
>>8953603
>not liking Broccoli and brussel sprouts
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>8953215
>how do I get broccoli
You buy it in a grocery store.
>thicker than I like
So cut them off?
>>
>>8952831
I boil them for 5 to 10 mins, then I cut just the florets and mix them with rice or add them to salads.
>>
>>8953990
>boiling broccoli for 10 minutes
What the fuck do you have no teeth or something
>>
>>8952831
Put it in a soup with some cheddar, and maybe bacon. Or boil florets for 2 minutes, then toss in a hot frying pan with garlic butter or oil, garlic, and soy sauce for a minute.

>>8953817
I'm convinced that people who don't like green vegetables grew up with family that didn't know how to cook them.
>>
Cut up some pork belly and braise it in sake, soy sauce, sugar, sliced ginger, and leeks until tender and the braising liquid has reduced and thickened. Roast your broccoli with olive oil and five spice until tender, then add into the sauce with the pork belly.
>>8953603
You sound fat
>>
>>8952831
>Pls no chicken.

But that's the best combo.
>>
>>8953817
Not him, but Brussel Sprouts just taste like bitterness and uric acid.

I love broccoli though
>>
>>8954317
Do you peel off the dark green outer layers and use a very small bit of something sweet (maple syrup or molasses) before adding other seasonings and cooking? Because if not you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8954342
You should be able to enjoy anything plain.
>>
>>8954349
Why? It's unnecessary with the amount of good spice and flavorings out there. Why do you hate taste?
>>
Just wash it and eat it raw. Or wrap in cheese and thinly sliced smoked ham and fry em up
>>
File: 1374420488820.jpg (73KB, 640x728px) Image search: [Google]
1374420488820.jpg
73KB, 640x728px
>delicious, crunchy healthy broccoli
>smother it in mayo
>bury it beneath a mountain of cheese
>boil it for ten minutes
wrap it in cheese and bacon
>drown it in butter
>blanket it in spices
>>
>>8952831
>Cut into florets
>mix with oil and spices in a bowl (cayenne, garlic powder, FRESHLY ground black pepper~, salt)
>spread out coated florets on a baking sheet on foil
>roast for a while at around 400F until tender but not overdone

Serve with anything. Roasted broccoli is easy and really tasty. The florets will begin to brown and take on a smokey flavor.
>>
File: orecchiette-con-broccoli.jpg (62KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
orecchiette-con-broccoli.jpg
62KB, 640x420px
>>8952831
do pic related
why you all leave them as they are instead of turning it into a sauce?
niggers
>>
steam and add chili pepper powder with some olive oil and salt
>>
>>8952831
Steam for a few minutes. Make a sauce of soy sauce, mirin, grated ginger, grated garlic and hot pepper flakes. Dip in sauce and ascend to heaven.
>>
how to make homemade mayo`?

>inb4 cum
>>
>>8952831
Cheese sauce.
>>
>>8952911
hot
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.