[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is soy sauce? Is it poison? In Asian restaurants they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: soy sauce.jpg (53KB, 1200x931px) Image search: [Google]
soy sauce.jpg
53KB, 1200x931px
What is soy sauce? Is it poison?
In Asian restaurants they give you the good shit. I bought one that was shit and fake. Is it possible to tell the difference?
>>
>>8952464
Just buy it in a store? Soy sauce is not really hard to find
>>
It's fermented soy paste and brine.

>I bought one that was shit and fake. Is it possible to tell the difference?
Evidently, else you wouldn't be complaining.
>>
File: 1494037960949.jpg (53KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
1494037960949.jpg
53KB, 792x612px
>gutter oil sauce
>>
>>8952476
I don't know where to buy that thick black intense syrupy shit from Asian restaurants. Do you know what ingredients to look for?
>>
liquid msg
>>
>>8952488
Are you talking about the sweeter variations? I've always wondered what kind that was too
>>
>>8952480
I meant before you try.
>>
Saishikomi Shoyu aka refermented may be what you're referring to
>>
>>8952464
buy the gluten free soy sauce its the only kind made from soy not wheat.
>>
Dark soy sauce is nice for stir fries. It's fermented longer and may have some extra sugar or molasses added.

>>8952464
>Is it poison?
It's just a salty sauce dude.

Some restaurants do have quite tasty soy sauce compared to most of the commercially bought stuff I agree. I guess you'd have to ask someone knowledgeable about this sort of thing for good brands.
>>
>>8952488
go to an asian grocery store
>>
>>8952492
>>8952488
Look for "dark" soya sauce, 酱油 or 老抽. The watery type,similar to Japanese sushi soya sauce, is considered "light" soya sauce 酱青 or 生抽. The dark variety is fermented longer.
>>
When it comes to soy sauce, you need to buy Kikkoman. It's what most restaurants serve and unless you're at an asian market any other brand is guaranteed to be shit.
>>
>>8952610
Don't recommend dark soy sauce to him will ya. He won't like it. Tell him to buy sweet or light soy sauce.
>>
>>8952655
Exactly. Dark soy sauce is overpowering and only really used in some dishes, so just buy light soy sauce OP
>>
File: 噗.jpg (56KB, 408x491px) Image search: [Google]
噗.jpg
56KB, 408x491px
>>8952464
$10 says OP bought hoisin instead of soy sauce.
>>8952488
豆瓣醬
>>
Holy fuck Americans are fucking retarded. Just get Kikkoman you dumb fucking faggot. Kill yourself too for not being able to do such a simple task.
>>
>>8952830
kikkoman is not soy sauce you mong
>>
>>8952830
Derp
>>8952464
stop being a child and/or half assed troll and look it up.
>>
ketjap manis maybe?
>>
>>8952464
average intelligence of /ck/
>>
>>8952835
Kikkoman is a brand that produces soy sauce and it should be pretty easy to pick out their soy sauce on account of it saying "SOY SAUCE" in big letters on the front of the bottle.
>>
File: Dispenser1[1].jpg (408KB, 1769x3567px) Image search: [Google]
Dispenser1[1].jpg
408KB, 1769x3567px
>>8952835
What's this then
>>
File: SilverSwan.png (364KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
SilverSwan.png
364KB, 800x800px
I always go to my local Asian grocery and get Silver Swan. It's dark and really flavorful.
Of course, that may just be because I am a dirty Flip.
>>
>>8952835
>He bought the teriyaki sauce.
>>
>>8952464
It's like worcesterhshire sauce...but with slitty eyes
>>
>>8953102
Ceci n'est pas une soy sauce bottle.
>>
>>8952488
Nigg youre thinking of hoisin sauce.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.