[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is every recipe method for cooking pork ribs involve some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 0916_321_Ribs_RE_HE_M.jpg (83KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
0916_321_Ribs_RE_HE_M.jpg
83KB, 1024x537px
why is every recipe method for cooking pork ribs involve some kind of sweet sauce or BBQing. can any of you suggest a different way of preparing ribs?
>>
Why don't you make it the Chinese style? It's way nicer than the usual American restuarant or home bbq styles anyway.
>>
Dry garlic ribs done in the oven
>>
>>8948347
Well Before BBQ was a thing in my country we just roasted them and flavored them with white wine with some spices like rosemary.
>>
>>8948347
Solid rub, five spice, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder. Boom, done.
>>
>>8948347
Use the ribs in pork tamarind soup with yam
>>
solid suggestions. thanks /ck/s
>>
Cilantro, chicken broth, garlic, onion. Slow cook in that for a while.

Cilantro on pork and beef is great btw.
>>
cut ribs into bite size pieces, stir fry w/ w/e vegetables and sauce.
>>
File: 1488927084080.jpg (15KB, 236x393px) Image search: [Google]
1488927084080.jpg
15KB, 236x393px
>>8948347
/ck/ is a Muslim board, get this haram trash out of here
>>
File: Braised_Short_Ribs-close-580.jpg (129KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
Braised_Short_Ribs-close-580.jpg
129KB, 580x387px
>>8948347
Because almost everyone here only knows Asian and American ways of preparing pork ribs where they counter balance the fattiness with LOADS of sugar and salt until you can't taste the meat anymore.

I prefer to slowcook them in dark beer(or stout) with some herbs de provence(savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano) with some garlic, onion, mushroom, carrots for a couple of hours until the flavours blend together and create a delicious savory thick stew with a lot of rich flavours.

..And it won't give you diabetes.
>>
I simply grill them with salt
If the meat is of good quality i see no point in covering it with lots of spices and sauces
Once tried them in the oven with sweet peaches on top, it was way better than i thought, tho
>>
>>8949075
Honestly this works if you have good butcher's work(not wallmart shit). do it slow at 270F for like 3 hours, then grill both sides with some pepper and more salt.
>>
I prefer to use my signature dry rub on ribs. It's got some sugar on it, but it's mostly spicy/savoury.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.