[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up a dozen discount rotisserie chickens for gainz.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I just picked up a dozen discount rotisserie chickens for gainz. How can I keep the meat in the fridge, and reheat it without it becoming tough and shitty?

I was thinking of keeping it in brine and then heating it up in the brine with a microwave, good idea?
>>
>>8945998
Freeze them, dopey.
>>
>>8945998
just freeze them
>>
>>8946000
>>8946003
I plan on eating one everyday so lets just talk about the 7 I don't want to freeze
>>
Do you have an attic? Hang them from the rafters and let them age
>>
File: IMG_2280.jpg (131KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2280.jpg
131KB, 1000x665px
Pull the meat off the bones and preserve them in aspic.
>>
>>8945998
i eat an entire chicken every single day + differing veggies, fruits and carbs to keep me up. been doing this for a year and so far it's been really cheap and easy to keep up.

You have a couple of options. The easiest is to pick the meat off the carcass and putting it into a freezer baggie (1 chicken = 3 bags), and defrosting it by putting the baggies into a pot of water that was boiling but turning off the stove. wait 5-10 minutes and you have soft easy to eat chicken.

Other way is to NOT BRINE IS IT BECAUSE ITS ALREADY COOKED AND YOU WILL LEAK ALL YOUR FLAVOUR INTO THE WATER YOU IDIOT.

So either make soup or vacuum seal it + cook to kill bacteria.
>>
>>8946005
Confit.
>>
>>8946027
>BECAUSE ITS ALREADY COOKED AND YOU WILL LEAK ALL YOUR FLAVOUR INTO THE WATER YOU IDIOT.
is that true?
>>
How poor are you that you saw pre-cooked rotisserie chickens on sale and thought it'd be a good idea to buy a dozen? Those things are loss-leaders.
>>
>>8946034
You brine meat with an % percent salt solution to put water into the meat. If you do it after you've cooked it then you will take all that beautiful browing you did and diffuse it into the water, giving you salty bland meat.
>>
>>8946066
You can do it if you plan on using the water as stock for soups or sauces, but if it's purely for the meat then for god's sake, just take the meat off the bone of throw the carcass away.
>>
>>8946070
Can I make stock using the cooked carcasses? Is it as effective as raw carcass?
>>
>>8946074
You could, but honestly in this day and age just use a stock cube or powder. It's not worth the hassle. Unless you're very autistic and want to cut up a bunch of veggies and re-brown a bunch of chicken bones in a pan, simmering it for hours and taking off the fat.
If you want to eat 1 day and you have that amount of chickens, take it of the bones or atleast cut it into breasts, legs, wings etc, and throw the non-essential things away so you can freeze it.
>>
>>8946078
Dude, That's ridiculius, making stock requires nearly no effort.

Yes, op, by all means save the carcasses, get them good and brown in an oven, and make dark chicken stock. You can freeze it, and use it for soups and sauces for months.
>>
>>8946078
>>8946086
I was going to but that anon says its not worth it
I'm going to anyway though, never made stock before, gotta try it at least once
>>
>>8946030

>telling a guy who thinks he can microwave seven pickled chickens to make confit
>>
>>8945998
420 braise it over some chicken broth and water.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.