[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the chocolate to be firm and not melt at room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How do I get the chocolate to be firm and not melt at room temperature?
>>
More chocolate, less cream in the ganach. I assume this is a ganach?

Really, it should be fine at room temperature at a 50/50 ratio.
>>
>>8942422
I've been using straight up chocolate.
Don't think you have to use a ganach for these
>>
Temper it.
>>
>>8942463
how do I temper it without ruining the biscuit?
>>
>>8942466
Temper the biscuit first.
>>
>>8942466
You temper it before adding it to the biscuit ya dingus
>>
>>8942490
that would be just time consuming
>>
>>8942503
You're melting chocolate to add to biscuit in the first place, tempering is just part of the process.
>>
>>8942503
>time consuming
Kill yourself
>>
What be tempering that not sword?
>>
You'll need to tell us what kind of chocolate your using if you're just using straight chocolate. For all I know your using nestle tollhouse chips, which are going to work differently than couverture chocolate.

And tempering isn't going to do shit, it makes chocolate shiny and smooth, and doenst do anything for melting.

My advice? Make a ganach using good pure chocolate, let it cool to semisoft (think creamcheese) pipe it on to the cookies, and if it seems a little soft, left them firm up in the fridge for a bit.
>>
>>8942858
>And tempering isn't going to do shit, it makes chocolate shiny and smooth, and doenst do anything for melting.

Type I chocolate melts at 63 F, type V melts at 93.
>>
>>8942463
This
>>
>>8942503

and we;re done here.

>>8942858

>And tempering isn't going to do shit, it makes chocolate shiny and smooth, and doenst do anything for melting.

yes it does you fucktard, that is literally what it is for.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.