[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/ I'm currently dealing with a picky eater, found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: just eat the vegetables cunt.jpg (64KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
just eat the vegetables cunt.jpg
64KB, 900x506px
Hi /ck/
I'm currently dealing with a picky eater, found out she pretty much won't try anything she never tried before, I'm not looking to sneak certain items witin her meal so she doesn't notice.

I'm looking to get her to open up her palate to more complex tastes, what have any of you accomplished this?

I have gotten her to try some stuff but I'm looking to go deeper, any recommendations on how to?

Pictures and stories greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1492693343981.jpg (144KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
1492693343981.jpg
144KB, 1024x711px
>>8941326
Tell your wife's daughter to eat it or go hungry

Worked for me as a kid
>>
>>8941326
Put the food you normally cook on a plate. Set plate in front of her. Pay no attention to what she says or does. When eveyone has finished remove plate. Say nothing. If she didn't finish it, no snacks, no desserts. Repeat at every meal. In a shirt period of time she will begin to eat what's placed in front of her. I guarantee she will not suffer malnourishment or starve. Then you're on the way to raising an emotionally healthy child instead of an entitled little snowflake.
>>
File: Boba Zepp.jpg (51KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boba Zepp.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
>>8941326
I have a similar issue with my fiance and onions. She loathes them, but If I blend them into a dish or use onion powder she doesn't even notice and will eat it no problem.

Fucking basic bitches, man.
>>
>>8941351
This is probably your best bet. Not sure it will change her palate but it could help change her attitude
>>
>>8941326

I've never had much luck with (or desire to) "trick" people into eating new foods by hiding them in other things.

I have had plenty of luck simply cooking a new food and asking if they'd at least try it. In my experience many people think they hate certain foods, but the reality is they only tried it a handful of times (if that), and it was poorly prepared each time. So as long as you can cook the food well then you won't have much of a problem.

People that refuse to even try to taste a new food can be particularly frustrating. In my experince the best way to deal with them is to start out by cooking foods you know they will like. Once they learn that you are a competent cook and that everything you make is going to be good then they'll venture out of their comfort zone and be willing to try new things.

Get more people involved too. If you're having a party, BBQ, potluck, whatever, and there's a bunch of people trying out your new dish then the resulting herd mentality and peer pressure make it more likely that they will at least try your food. If you did your part and the food was well prepared then you're set.

I've gotten vegetarians to enjoy eating rabbit, people who swore they "hate fish" fighting over fish-head curry, etc.

Don't force anyone or be deceptive--that only makes things worse. Let your skills win them over.
>>
>>8941341
>>8941351
I think my picture might be a little misleading, I'm not dealing with a kid but with my girlfriend, I'm just trying to get her to appreciate other kind of flavors as >>8941352 said my girl also has a problem with onions, garlic and strong flavors in general.

The other day we went out to eat and she asked the waiter to not put parsley on her food, waiter told her parsely was included on the sauce so she said ok and ate it just fine.

I'm unsure where to start with her to develop her tastebuds right now, do you have any idea for some meals/condiments that won't be too much for her?
>>
>>8941369
This is actually great advice, I trust I'm a competent cook but I haven't really been cooking for her since she can get so picky sometimes, that herd mentality thing seems like it's gonna be a good way to get her to eat something "weird". Thank you!
>>
>>8941370
Honestly, Hors d'oeuvre's. Chicks think they're fancy and will eat anything on a cracker. Onion, tomato and Octopus on a cracker???? No problem.

Basically baby steps.
>>
>>8941369
I had the same experience. My brother in law hated brussels sprouts because his mom boiled them (and chicken...his mom boiled FUCKING CHICKEN). I made them and convinced him to give it a shot and he loved it.

"This can taste like THIS" is the typical response.

9 times out of 10 a persons aversion to food is just improper preparation.
>>
>>8941388
I could try that too as she loves snacking, she hates those three things you mentioned but I'm sure I could make something work out with that, thank you!
>>
>hurr don't feed her until she'll eat anything

t. Retard who's never had a child
>>
File: 1494319354111.jpg (28KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1494319354111.jpg
28KB, 480x362px
>>8941370
What does her diet currently consist of? Chicken tenders, mac and cheese, etc? From there we can branch out
>>
>>8941406
She eats fine, vegetables, meats, starches, fruits. The real problem is when I try to get her to eat something new for her, like octopus, garlic, onion.
>>
>>8941473

Learning to like anything just takes trying it multiple times. And to her credit cooked onions do have a terrible texture that ruins a lot of dishes even if they taste great.
>>
>>8941370
fuck your pleb gf
>>
>>8941479
>cooked onions do have a terrible texture that ruins a lot of dishes even if they taste great
wow. you're a fucking retard and shouldn't talk about food anymore
>>
Exterminate it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.