[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you eat a meal at a restaurant that was served to you in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 29jxo09asnxy.jpg (987KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
29jxo09asnxy.jpg
987KB, 4032x3024px
Would you eat a meal at a restaurant that was served to you in a skillet (and on a cutting board no less)? I would tell them to take it back and put it on a plate or I don't want it. It seems embarrassing and childish to eat out of cookware.
>>
>>8939718

to me this seems like a step up from eating out of a fast food bag
>>
If the presentation is decent, who the fuck cares what it's served in?
>>
>>8939730
>eating out of a frying pan that has a big handle
This isn't something adults do, it's something you request to appease a literally autistic child.
>>
>>8939736
It's just the style. Also, you get all of the flavors in the juices that would have been lost while cooking. You're the real autist for caring this much about it.
>>
If it was a cast iron skillet I'd be worried about ruining the seasoning with my cutlery.
>>
If its just aesthetics then you are talking Grant Achatz levels of faggotry. At this point you are basically overpaying for food that is probably no better than any other food, presented any other (by normal rules of presentation) way.

If the skillet/bowl/pan is blazing hot though - this can add to the dish. Such as when you get stone bowl at a korean restaurant and the rice sizzles and browns and gets crusty. Or fajita's which are a little more of a meme, but you are guaranteed to have nice hot sizzling meat that will stay that way for quite a while at the table.

The OP pic.. I have a feeling that it is hot, hence the napkin under the pan protecting the wood block. so thats adding something to the presentation. tho, if i ran a restaurant i'd rather just serve in a warmed white bistro bowl or warmed wide rimmed plate.

half the stuff in that pan was never cooked in that pan. its being served with the cooking juices from the mussels, and that makes the cooking vessel sort of make sense.. but its a bit meme for me here. i could take it or leave it.
>>
>>8939718
I mean, I probably wouldn't eat that.
>>
File: 1491909181127.png (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491909181127.png
101KB, 640x640px
>>8939718

If you went to a restaurant and they served you your food on a paper plate would you be upset?
Assume the food is good
>>
The food looks like shit. Likely overcooked. The presentation is a gimmick. This is Applebee's tier for twice the price. Throw it in the garbage can.
>>
>>8939842
I'd eat off of wax paper if it's good enough.
>>
>>8939861

wax paper still seems more dignified than a paper plate to me
probably because many restaurants do use it for wrapping sandwiches and things and its well suited to this purpose whereas a paper plate is literally just an inferior regular plate which makes it seem like more of an insult
>>
>>8939842
>be seafood restaurant in the south.
>owner goes fishing every morning at o'darkthirty everyday and sells catch
>Rachel Ray shines light on our hero
>Hero cashes in, sells, is millionaire.

I don't blame him, though. It was great food served on paper plates... wine in plastic cups... there was always a line.

Not sure ir the food is still good. I haven't been back.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.